Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Talking to any npc. Even bad ones.  (Read 4527 times)

Logrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Talking to any npc. Even bad ones.
« Reply #45 on: August 24, 2011, 06:20:15 am »

I'd also like if NPC's could interject with their own lines like

Urst McLegendaryhero is ambushed!

Tell them it was the ladders of heralding if you....*the bandit cheif recognizes you*

*your fame runs before you, as do your enemies! This is no longer a battle, this is a hunt. No, a coward chase!*

Or

Urst McBanditpants "Hail good milliner, I seek to deprive you of your wealth in the name of the exalted columns! Be forthcomming lest I pilfer your life as well!

Milliner "What briggandry is this? the halls of waxing will hear of your ill deeds!*

Or Especially

Urst McRegicide : The king is dead, long live the king!

Crowd : *frightful murmers*
What monstrosities would walk the streets, were peoples faces as unfinished as their minds.

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: talking to any npc
« Reply #46 on: August 24, 2011, 08:19:06 pm »

I like this. Much of this will no doubt become possible later with all the surrendering stuff, but still, when the night creature screams at me all their kills, I want to list of the hundreds of night creatures I've already killed back to them... XD

now to invoke our deadliest weapon yet... boredom.

seriously our enemies might kill themselves after our kill lists.

katana

• Bay Watcher
  • EVERY TIME I POST PEOPLE RUN AWAY
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 26, 2011, 02:18:29 pm »

Or stab us while we talk. Which makes me think, shouldn't talking be per turn? You could stab that bragging goblin while he boasts about all the sheep he killed or something.
AND IF THIS FAILS MY IDENTICAL TWIN BROTHER WHO WILL APPEAR IN THE MIGRANT WAVE THAT ARRIVES AFTER MY DEMISE WILL REPLACE ME.
(Tldr: THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FRIENDLY FIRE SALT)

Logrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 26, 2011, 03:31:54 pm »

What monstrosities would walk the streets, were peoples faces as unfinished as their minds.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
Re: talking to any npc
« Reply #49 on: August 27, 2011, 05:12:44 pm »

I like this. Much of this will no doubt become possible later with all the surrendering stuff, but still, when the night creature screams at me all their kills, I want to list of the hundreds of night creatures I've already killed back to them... XD

now to invoke our deadliest weapon yet... boredom.

seriously our enemies might kill themselves after our kill lists.

..."Have you got any idea how many anonymous henchmen I've killed over the years?  I mean, look at you. You don't even have a name tag. You've got no chance. Why don't you just fall down?"
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 05:15:12 pm by Bohandas »
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 30, 2011, 05:06:51 pm »

Or stab us while we talk. Which makes me think, shouldn't talking be per turn? You could stab that bragging goblin while he boasts about all the sheep he killed or something.

wow so mega-beasts would be super easy to kill...

you know funny thing about DF is unlike so many other games you are NEVER all powerful. even with your skills maxed out a lucky punch from a kobold can cave your head in

Iapetus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 03, 2011, 05:42:59 am »

-Ignores the chatter about spelling that spans half the thread-

It would be nice to list your huge kill list while naming the nine brothers, three sisters, fifteen cousins and the parents of the bandit you are fighting, especially if this would actual effect his behaviour, like make him enter a berserk state, or if you killed his/her wife/husband (respectively) he/she might just suicide instead.

Urist McDwarvenOutlaw: I am Urist McDwarvenOutlaw, master of Urist McNoLimbs... bla bla bla.
Urist McAdventurer: Yeah, well I am Urist McAdventurer, exterminator of Murdercoffins, the capital of The Raging Storms, the local goblin civilization.
Urist McAdventurer: Master of the McDwarvenOutlaw family, whose baby, Urist McDwarvenOutlaw I left alive in pity.
Urist McAdventurer: Killer of 65 clowns, whose feared weapon I wear on my side. -Shows off masterwork cotton candy Battleaxe-
Urist McAdventurer: Now you shall die like your 18-member family and the rest of your camp whom I massacred earlier.
Urist McDwarvenOutlaw is stricken by melancholy!

You know how that goes.
You are surrounded by incessant cackling
The bogeyman kicks Urist McAdventurer in the head, bruising the muscle, jamming the skull through the brain and tearing the brain.
Urist McAdventurer has been struck down.
Urist McGameplayer has become enraged!
Engraved on the floor is a well-designed image of a kobold and a carp.  The kobold is making a plaintive gesture.  The carp is laughing.

antymattar

• Bay Watcher
  • *Antymattar has created a Cat-ass-trophy*
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 03, 2011, 01:42:01 pm »

-Ignores the chatter about spelling that spans half the thread-

It would be nice to list your huge kill list while naming the nine brothers, three sisters, fifteen cousins and the parents of the bandit you are fighting, especially if this would actual effect his behaviour, like make him enter a berserk state, or if you killed his/her wife/husband (respectively) he/she might just suicide instead.

Urist McDwarvenOutlaw: I am Urist McDwarvenOutlaw, master of Urist McNoLimbs... bla bla bla.
Urist McAdventurer: Yeah, well I am Urist McAdventurer, exterminator of Murdercoffins, the capital of The Raging Storms, the local goblin civilization.
Urist McAdventurer: Master of the McDwarvenOutlaw family, whose baby, Urist McDwarvenOutlaw I left alive in pity.
Urist McAdventurer: Killer of 65 clowns, whose feared weapon I wear on my side. -Shows off masterwork cotton candy Battleaxe-
Urist McAdventurer: Now you shall die like your 18-member family and the rest of your camp whom I massacred earlier.
Urist McDwarvenOutlaw is stricken by melancholy!

You know how that goes.
You are surrounded by incessant cackling
The bogeyman kicks Urist McAdventurer in the head, bruising the muscle, jamming the skull through the brain and tearing the brain.
Urist McAdventurer has been struck down.
Urist McGameplayer has become enraged!
Urist McGameplayer is stricken by melancholy.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]