Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Talking to any npc. Even bad ones.  (Read 4539 times)

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Talking to any npc. Even bad ones.
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2011, 05:33:42 pm »

-Ignores the chatter about spelling that spans half the thread-

It would be nice to list your huge kill list while naming the nine brothers, three sisters, fifteen cousins and the parents of the bandit you are fighting, especially if this would actual effect his behaviour, like make him enter a berserk state, or if you killed his/her wife/husband (respectively) he/she might just suicide instead.

Urist McDwarvenOutlaw: I am Urist McDwarvenOutlaw, master of Urist McNoLimbs... bla bla bla.
Urist McAdventurer: Yeah, well I am Urist McAdventurer, exterminator of Murdercoffins, the capital of The Raging Storms, the local goblin civilization.
Urist McAdventurer: Master of the McDwarvenOutlaw family, whose baby, Urist McDwarvenOutlaw I left alive in pity.
Urist McAdventurer: Killer of 65 clowns, whose feared weapon I wear on my side. -Shows off masterwork cotton candy Battleaxe-
Urist McAdventurer: Now you shall die like your 18-member family and the rest of your camp whom I massacred earlier.
Urist McDwarvenOutlaw is stricken by melancholy!

You know how that goes.
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2011, 07:03:20 pm »

portuguese,not the eropean one (that kind sucks)
eh?!
as for spellcheck you use a decent browser with a spellcheck plugin and a dictionary installed
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 07:06:19 pm by Askot Bokbondeler »

Deimos56

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: unicorpion]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2011, 11:47:38 pm »

It would be nice to list your huge kill list while naming the nine brothers, three sisters, fifteen cousins and the parents of the bandit you are fighting, especially if this would actual effect his behaviour, like make him enter a berserk state, or if you killed his/her wife/husband (respectively) he/she might just suicide instead.

Urist McDwarvenOutlaw: I am Urist McDwarvenOutlaw, master of Urist McNoLimbs... bla bla bla.
Urist McAdventurer: Yeah, well I am Urist McAdventurer, exterminator of Murdercoffins, the capital of The Raging Storms, the local goblin civilization.
Urist McAdventurer: Master of the McDwarvenOutlaw family, whose baby, Urist McDwarvenOutlaw I left alive in pity.
Urist McAdventurer: Killer of 65 clowns, whose feared weapon I wear on my side. -Shows off masterwork cotton candy Battleaxe-
Urist McAdventurer: Now you shall die like your 18-member family and the rest of your camp whom I massacred earlier.

You know how that goes.

Now I want to have the option in the finished (I can dream!) version of DF to set up an adventurer who can drive entire civilizations to helpless depression.
I'm curious what the barely conscious ai wrote about.
Well that went better than expected.  He went nuts and punched a rabbit to death, then the dogs and the whole dining hall ripped him to shreds.

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2011, 08:12:04 am »

eh?!
as for spellcheck you use a decent browser with a spellcheck plugin and a dictionary installed

eh?! what?

You know how that goes.
this would be a nice addition to the game.

Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

antymattar

• Bay Watcher
  • *Antymattar has created a Cat-ass-trophy*
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2011, 09:30:32 am »

Usually, if you told tat to someone, and they had a weapon, they would use it. Also, Peskyninja, ignore everything in the previous thread. the grammar discussion is as old as hell so you can drop it.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2011, 09:47:30 am »

eh?!

eh?! what?
be more respectful of your colonial masters.  alternatively, be more respectful of other's cultures.

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2011, 02:16:26 pm »

Usually, if you told tat to someone, and they had a weapon, they would use it. Also, Peskyninja, ignore everything in the previous thread. the grammar discussion is as old as hell so you can drop it.

True, unless they really loved those people... or they could just be overpowered by the fact that the person who killed their master and their master's master (and so on) is actually coming for them too... who knows.
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2011, 03:22:47 pm »

eh?!

eh?! what?
be more respectful of your colonial masters.  alternatively, be more respectful of other's cultures.
eh?!
you know what year we are?
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2011, 03:29:29 pm »

the first part of that sentence was a joke, the second part still stands no matter the year we're in

antymattar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 22, 2011, 06:26:23 am »

no comment. just.... dude. WTF? stop arguing in the thread. youre supposed to discuss the idea.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2011, 06:51:33 am »

twas an offensive post, and against the forum rules. i think reporting it would be a bit harsh, but i had to call it out

sorry for the derail, though
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 06:53:19 am by Askot Bokbondeler »

antymattar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 22, 2011, 08:36:06 am »

and what was so offensive? the "wtf"? theres been more rude.... Youre derailing again!!!

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 22, 2011, 08:42:46 am »

not your post, peskyninja's post bashing european portuguese was the offensive post

antymattar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 22, 2011, 09:39:45 am »

not your post, peskyninja's post bashing european portuguese was the offensive post
oh. anyway. see what happened now? we got derailed by another 6/7 posts.

Deimos56

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: unicorpion]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 22, 2011, 04:57:24 pm »

oh. anyway. see what happened now? we got derailed by another 6/7 posts.
One more and we have a full tile of liquid derail... oh wait. :-\

Seriously, can we get back on topic?

The potential possibility of conspiring with enemies/demons/eldritch abominations (Same thing half the time, when you get down to it...) appeals to me. Especially if they have something interesting to offer you.
I'm curious what the barely conscious ai wrote about.
Well that went better than expected.  He went nuts and punched a rabbit to death, then the dogs and the whole dining hall ripped him to shreds.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4