Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: What if an adventurer bites the weregoat?  (Read 2561 times)

thunktone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
What if an adventurer bites the weregoat?
« on: May 30, 2011, 04:26:30 am »

I've just been reading Toady One's development blog about the new curses. He's got to the point where an adventurer can be bitten by a weregoat and inherit the curse. But I was wondering what happens when my adventurer bites a therianthrope? (Yes when.)

My suggestion is that this should be an alternative way to inherit the curse, perhaps when the skin is broken. Someone has already suggested that different levels of skin breaking need to be implemented, and if this is done then the chance of catching the curse could be higher the more the skin is torn.
Whenever dwarves get into melee, their first reaction is to place their baby on their head, to allow free use of both hands, and thus any headshot instead strikes the child.

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
Re: What if an adventurer bites the weregoat?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2011, 04:47:52 am »

Maybe you cure them? XD
I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...
Link for full quote. 'tis mighty funny.

antymattar

• Bay Watcher
  • *Antymattar has created a Cat-ass-trophy*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2011, 05:41:41 am »

Maybe you cure them? XD

hmm...That would be cool!

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2011, 06:03:57 am »

Polly, the looked jus any other weregoat grazing on the Hills of Borked Syndromes to any passerby, but the truth was, Polly had a dark secret.
Not so long ago, she went on a were-rampage, as beffiting of her ancestry, and terrorized a nearby village. There, she was confronted by one Thunktone, the Biting Questioning, who was an adventurer hired by the villagers. Polly and Thunktone clashed in a titanic struggle, and after four long hours of inconclusive fight, they both decided they've had enough, and retreated each their own way.
Alas, our poor weregoat did not leave unscatched - the sneaky adventurer managed to bite her in the udder when they fought. While at first Polly had thought nothing of it, soon she noticed that her body begun to change.
Thus the horrfic monster was created, whose reign of terror was to be feared by generations of future weregoats, for each time the new moon traversed the dark skies, Polly would change into a creature most foul and fearsome, and bring untold misery upon her fellow weregoaty brethren.
The legend of Polly, the Udders of Changing, a wereadventurer was born.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 06:15:50 am by Il Palazzo »

astaldaran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2011, 08:47:57 am »

A twist, if you bite them; you not only become a weregoat/wolf/etc but you obtain their traits. So if they are a dwarf/goat you are now one,, if they are a elf/goat then you are now an elf goat. In other words it shapeshifts you to a goat/etc temporarily but also to some other creature permanently. Perhaps when you bite weregoat there is some message like "The god ..... looks down on you in rage that you would bring such a curse on yourself. Therefore he grants your desire and changes you. You will now be another, not only under the moon but in the day"

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2011, 09:04:57 am »

Will grazing Weregoats produce weregrass?

jetex1911

• Bay Watcher
  • [MAXAGE:∞]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2011, 10:39:28 am »

???
H-How would that work? ::)
Put into this light, Dr. Robotnik and Armok could easily have been roommates.

Known as That_Kobold on BYOND

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2011, 10:41:38 am »

Because they bite the grass...

I cannot wait for someone to turn werepanda miles away from bamboo or something... every day before the full moon they have to eat tons of food for tomorrow... :P
I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...
Link for full quote. 'tis mighty funny.

robdesjardin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2011, 09:18:21 am »

One word weredragon.

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2011, 01:24:38 pm »

1 create adventurer dwarf
2 get bit by were dwarf
3 turn all elves into were dwarves
4 ???
5 Profit!

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

antymattar

• Bay Watcher
  • *Antymattar has created a Cat-ass-trophy*
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2011, 02:20:45 pm »

You wana know what I think is shit. A were fish.

DrKillPatient

• Bay Watcher
  • The yak falls infinitely
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2011, 06:30:12 pm »

???
H-How would that work? ::)
Every full moon, the grass in grazing areas turns into a mass of writhing goats, stuck partially into the ground.
"Frankly, if you're hanging out with people who tell you to use v.begin() instead of &v[0], you need to rethink your social circle."
    Scott Meyers, Effective STL

I've written bash scripts to make using DF easier under Linux!

Iden

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Speardwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2011, 01:33:36 pm »

Let's get technical: Lycanthropy is an STD.

Bites transmit lycanthropy. How? Saliva getting into the blood stream. So transmission of bodily fluids between subjects will trasmit lycanthropy.

So logically speaking, biting a lycanthrope should only transmit the disease if you break skin and draw blood.

Technically, a lycanthrope spitting on a cut or in your eye, or kissing a lycanthrope, could turn you. Sharing a drink, potentially, too!

This gets potentially far too dangerous, as it suddenly becomes too easy to turn entire cities into lycanthropes. Easy way to fix this is to make it so that saliva isn't contagious when not transformed. Though.. i'm still a firm believer that sex with a lycanthrope should always transmit the disease. This is only a potential problem amongst prositutes and their clientelle.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 01:40:17 pm by Iden »
Legendary Conversationalist
Legendary Persuader
Legendary Writer of Epics

I support AMMDF!

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2011, 01:51:56 pm »

umm you do know that creature reproduce by spores and saliva doesnt transmit STDs it transmits a few virus and bactria but not STDs like aids
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

jetex1911

• Bay Watcher
  • [MAXAGE:∞]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2011, 02:49:06 pm »

It actually does make sense...
Put into this light, Dr. Robotnik and Armok could easily have been roommates.

Known as That_Kobold on BYOND
Pages: [1] 2 3