Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 26

Author Topic: King Arthur's Gold - Now on Steam!  (Read 57592 times)

EmperorNuthulu

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes nu's for their blueness, oh and that mohawk!
    • View Profile

Huzzah a bay12 server! Is there a password though?
Blargh.

Jusman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No, but everyone left about 5 minutes after I went on it  :(
Maybe there's some people on now though
I heard your like sieges so I put a Goblin fortress in your fortress so you could siege while besieged.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey this game is quite good...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile

sweet a bay12 server now I can join and spew nonsense about open Clonk.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Duelmaster409

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_FIGHT]
    • View Profile

Hey, guys, does anyone else have a problem where the arrows appear as transparent cubes instead of... arrows? Like I'm missing a texture or something.
Dwarf fortress: Teaching uni level geology to sadistic elf killers for years.

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile

Server seems to be down.

Cajoes

• Bay Watcher
  • "I'm a damn cat."
    • View Profile
    • http://none

Thou speaketh nonsense, good sir. - It is clear to those of a inquisitive mind that the server is in fact 'full'...

This doesn't help either. Sorry.
Quote from: Roman Proverb
Do not argue against the sun. For it is a lot brighter than you are.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

WHY DOES THIS GAME GET SO MUCH OF MY ATTENTION!!!
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I did not like the game very much. It was very very clunky to move around in and stone was super rare.

Combine that with the whole catapult bug (infanite stone) and you basically have your base destoryed before you can finish building it.

Even when the stone bug gets fixed, there is still going to be the problem of someone building a floating catapult holder, making it almost impossible to destroy.

EmperorNuthulu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll agree with you on the clunky to move part, but the super rare stone? I can find stone even when I don't play miner. Also, floating catapult holders are easy, build a ladder underneath them. Besides it's not as if the matches last for long anyways.

However, I'll admit that the game has flaws, which mostly boil down to who you play with. For example everyone on the enemy team just going miner, mining all the gold and winning. Or when people just don't plain listen. If I'm spamming the ladder speech bubble like I'm having a seizure then perhaps I WANT LADDERS.
Blargh.

Jusman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

For example everyone on the enemy team just going miner, mining all the gold and winning.
That's why it lets you steal the enemies bags
I heard your like sieges so I put a Goblin fortress in your fortress so you could siege while besieged.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools

But the "combat classes" are only slightly more effective than an army of miners.  If you try stopping them from mining, they'll just block off the passage with stone.  If you attack them when they're together, they all just gang up on you.  If you try shooting them with arrows, they simply build something and hide behind it.  If you try attacking their vault, it's inside a huge mess of stone and doors right next to their spawn point, and they just attack you as soon as they spawn.  If they want defenses, they can build catapults and large defensive positions.  It's messed up, man!

It's kind of like playing Rock, Paper, Death Ray.  Sure, a Rock or piece of paper can stop a death ray if he doesn't know what he's doing, but if he does, he'll zap you 70% of the time, every time.  The only time builders are vulnerable is if they make a mistake, are in the open, or don't have any stone.  So, really, at least one class should be able to destroy fortifications easily (That's not a builder).  Bombs don't seem to cut it.

I've only managed to get to the enemy's gold once, and that was in my first game (Surprisingly).  Stealing is obviously supposed to be a big part of the game, but it's so hard right now.  And digging for gold is pretty boring.

It's still a fun game if you get a nice mix going, though.  Archer's probably my favorite class.

Also, solution to your stone problem - Go kill enemy builders.  I've found they usually spend a lot of time getting lots of stone.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

EmperorNuthulu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

For example everyone on the enemy team just going miner, mining all the gold and winning.
That's why it lets you steal the enemies bags

Have you ever seen how hard that is? Your characters won't last long enough.
Blargh.

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile

Knights can bash stone btw. and they are quite effective at it too.
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

EmperorNuthulu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes, but by the time you get close enough to bash into the vault, one team has already won.
Blargh.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 26