Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 26

Author Topic: King Arthur's Gold - Now on Steam!  (Read 57636 times)

Elite Grunt

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

@Title
It has physics now.  ;)
Anyway, right now it has a lot
of bugs, and the australian community...
well there are only about 100 respectable people in the
Oz community...the other 300 or so are..crap.
(no offense to that other 300 or so people!)

dood_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: King Arthur's Gold - Like Terraria, with CTF, no physics, and set in fantasy.
« Reply #241 on: September 25, 2012, 12:12:24 pm »

So me and a few friends did some !!SCIENCE!! with the undead.

Our main goal: Investigate reports from the front lines that zombies turn on each other at suitably high population density

Secondary goal: Find if infection rates vary for differing classes

Tertiary goal: Discover, if any, if there is any block immune to the dreaded Zombie Knight's (ZK's) swing.

Phase One: Construct a modest underground pit, in the shape of a reverse pyramid. This was suggested by one of the interns. His reasoning that although the smaller Dead can scale sheer walls, they have not been observed to climb past overhangs.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Phase Two: Construct a much deeper pit, to prevent the issue of zombies using each other as one extended piggy back. Capture a zombie knight. Discover at what density zombies turn on each other.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 12:20:03 pm by dood_ »
It seems very dwarven to use the hell itself as a garbage disposal. I can just see this isolated pile of goblin clothing, rotten food, and chunks of animals sitting there in a featureless plain, slowly cooking in the heat as demons pick at it.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: King Arthur's Gold - Like Terraria, with CTF, no physics, and set in fantasy.
« Reply #242 on: September 25, 2012, 12:42:15 pm »

Gold blocks should be zombie-proof.
Gold padded towers are usually a great way.
Oh, does the bug that causes zombies to phase trough walls still exist? Somebody made a gold-padded zombie trap using that.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #243 on: September 25, 2012, 02:47:59 pm »

Hmmmmm...

Gameplay video posted in the first post seemed ok, but did not really appeal to me. But then I saw this...Now that was more like it!

I TOTALLY dig the looks and the sounds of this game. I like Terraria, but this game struck me as quite different from it both in audio/video section as in gameplay section. On the other hand, I did not actually try KAG yet, nor read 16+ pages of this thread so may be wrong at least about gameplay. But it really seems like fun. Plus this WAR mode announced 2 weeks ago seems very interesting indeed.
I doubt I'll buy it anytime soon, but I'll try free version and keep track of the development. Thanks for info.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #244 on: September 25, 2012, 05:56:32 pm »

This is the ONLY game that's ever had me laughing out loud while playing multiplayer.

I personally love it, but am waiting for the big patch to get back into it :)

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: September 25, 2012, 09:17:48 pm »

This is the ONLY game that's ever had me laughing out loud while playing multiplayer.

I personally love it, but am waiting for the big patch to get back into it :)
I've been playing it on and off, less so since school's started. But as soon as that patch comes out, you can be I'll be the first person out there, re-learning the system as quickly as possible.
I hope it comes out soon, but on the other hand, I hope they take their time on it and make it a quality patch.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: September 26, 2012, 11:50:27 am »

If you are using free version, play on the action unlimited server.
Units suck, thats a fact. Unlimited servers ftw

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

dwarfhoplite

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentledwarves, prepare for Glory!
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: September 30, 2012, 08:29:41 am »

I've been playing it a few days and it's amazing.
I love archers.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: September 30, 2012, 08:48:26 am »

Builders are great if you know how to play them.
With a good enough team, i can build and maintain a tower for a long time, and reclaim it if we get pushed back.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Finally got around to upgrading from the free version, now that there's enough content to justify it.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Finally got around to upgrading from the free version, now that there's enough content to justify it.
Yeah, except for the fact that every premium server is a water-map fuckup where all you do is build huge towers and shoot catapults at eachother.
Tough i gotta say that grabbing a keg and then launching yourself makes for a better projectile. Especially on infinite servers.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Honestly, it was probably worth it just for the map editor.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile

Yeah, except for the fact that every premium server is a water-map fuckup where all you do is build huge towers and shoot catapults at eachother.
Tough i gotta say that grabbing a keg and then launching yourself makes for a better projectile. Especially on infinite servers.
The servers I play on don't even have water anymore...
I play on the Official MOLE Server and [!] Action Unlimited.

I don't know what water maps you're complaining about because I haven't seen any in the past month.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hehe, i probably complained too early. I havent played alot in a long time. And isnt action unlimited a pub server? (aka, not even a possibility for water?).

Last time i played on official mole i holed in a knight with stone, and he couldnt escape :3
(he could have jumpslashed up,  but before he realized that i holed him up further)

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

For me, the only thing that seems cool about premium is zombies.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 26