Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 26

Author Topic: King Arthur's Gold - Now on Steam!  (Read 57630 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

A bump for MORE COOL STUFF
Cool people will be getting wood in a new update soon!
https://forum.kag2d.com/threads/this-weeks-cool-stuff.6404/page-2#post-108442

(cue new builders building all in wood during build phase because wood is incredibly kewl)

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In other news, most of the features they talked about won't get in.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile

This game takes up too much of my time. Easily one of my favourite games.

In other news, most of the features they talked about won't get in.

Oh? I heard that some of it might not make the final cut if it simply isn't fun. Is this what you are referring to?
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile

I got the demo, and there's nothing to do.  Deathmatch is lame and sandbox is apparently just empty land and some trees and stuff.  Am I missing something?

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I got the demo, and there's nothing to do.  Deathmatch is lame and sandbox is apparently just empty land and some trees and stuff.  Am I missing something?

MP, CTF, Zombies

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Oh? I heard that some of it might not make the final cut if it simply isn't fun. Is this what you are referring to?

Overland map, RPG aspects and some other things are being cut completely and they stated clearly that they will not invest (continued) time into the project, beyond there deadline. Its on the forums

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile

CTF is what I enjoy most. Like a little deathmatch sometimes too.

Overland map, RPG aspects and some other things are being cut completely and they stated clearly that they will not invest (continued) time into the project, beyond there deadline. Its on the forums
I just found it. Some pretty bad news but then overworld and zombies always icing on the cake from my point of view. The RPG aspects sounded interesting and I liked the art they did for them. I just hope we get more siege equipment.

It sounds like something strange is afoot with the whole "not sure if we can legally announce our deadlines" and such. Has me a little worried.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile

Demo has no CTF or Zombie.  I'm rather underwhelmed.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Free version should have CTF. Bear in mind that it's a multiplayer mode though.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

dood_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Demo has no CTF or Zombie.  I'm rather underwhelmed.

Yes, yes it does have CTF. Are you sure you're going to multiplayer, and changing the box at the bottom of the server screen from "BEGINNER", to "Sort via Players/Ping/whatever"? That's usually where people who make this complaint go wrong.
It seems very dwarven to use the hell itself as a garbage disposal. I can just see this isolated pile of goblin clothing, rotten food, and chunks of animals sitting there in a featureless plain, slowly cooking in the heat as demons pick at it.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Huhm, while this topic's here, I tried to play... but the graphics are screwed up. The UI is just a bunch of weird garbage, and menu text and such tents to get really huge for no reason. What's up with this?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ask on the forums.
Also, girlinhat, change the thing in the server browser to players (where it says beginner now) as people have said, and try to get into Beo's CTF, its a good server.
Single player kind of sucks, i have to agree with that, but hey, the same thing is true for tf2.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

CTF is what I enjoy most. Like a little deathmatch sometimes too.

I just found it. Some pretty bad news but then overworld and zombies always icing on the cake from my point of view. The RPG aspects sounded interesting and I liked the art they did for them. I just hope we get more siege equipment.

It sounds like something strange is afoot with the whole "not sure if we can legally announce our deadlines" and such. Has me a little worried.

Actually frankly I think the game should focus on what the game is good at... and that certainly wouldn't be an overland map.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile

It seems a lot of the servers I used to frequent are no longer active. Beo's CTF is a favourite for me too. Good ping and a nice choice of maps that don't tend to favour any particular class.

The only thing that's been getting to me lately is that I keep having to switch from knight to archer when nobody else in my team seems interested in taking up the role. I can't blame them, though, as I find knight combat far more satisfying.

Actually frankly I think the game should focus on what the game is good at... and that certainly wouldn't be an overland map.
That was kind of my point. At the moment siege equipment and maybe better collapses would be nice and in line with what we've already got.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

True.
I dont agree that Beo's has awesome maps tough, the chasm maps suck and tend to give endless stalemates. For the rest the maps are nice.

I usually dont play on pubs, i rather play on gold servers, but all Rayne's servers have suddenly dissapeared. i liked DNCTF unlimited. Not that MOLE has bad servers, doesnt have bad players either (i know about half of the guys from the KAG forums), but i like unlimited more.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile

I've seen your avatar on there a few times, I don't really follow the forums much, though.

Fair point about the chasm maps. There was a long pause on a game recently where neither side seemed to be doing anything. The bridge over the chasm and the sky bridge had fallen and we were all low on resources. For some reason I associate Beo's with smaller maps where archers dominate less.

Strangely I play more pubs than the gold servers despite how lacking team work can be. Not really sure why, could just be because of time zones.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 26