Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Stagnant buckets & cleaning jobs  (Read 997 times)

Farmerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Stagnant buckets & cleaning jobs
« on: May 29, 2011, 03:40:33 am »

Any dwarf with a cleaning job should clean out stagnant buckets?

Just take bucket to a water source & rinse it out, then return it to furniture storage.
How did I miss the existence of this thread?
(Don't attempt to answer that.  Down that path lies ... well I was going to say madness but you all run towards madness as if it was made from chocolate and puppies.  Just forget I said anything.)

Cespinarve

• Bay Watcher
  • Lege lege lege relege labora et invenies
    • View Profile
Re: Stagnant buckets & cleaning jobs
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2011, 02:26:24 pm »

Cleaning jobs need to be much higher priority. I'd like for cleaning jobs to be on par with a mason's job and the like. It shouldn't start enabled, allowing you to designate dedicated janitors. Because damnit, there's still blood splattered all over my windows in the fight gallery, and mud in the old cistern and the designated cleaners sit around with "No Job" fifty times out of fifty one.
Nice one, not sure when I'll be feeling like killing a baby but these things are good to know.
This is why we can't have nice things... someone will just wind up filling it with corpses.
Arrakis teaches the attitude of the knife — chopping off what's incomplete and saying: "Now it's complete because it's ended here."

sockless

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2011, 11:21:38 pm »

I think that it's a bug that cleaning doesn't work as it currently should.
Iv seen people who haven't had a redheaded person in their family for quite a while, and then out of nowhere two out of three of their children have red hair.
What color was the mailman's hair?

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2011, 10:42:07 am »

Cleaning designation area.
I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...
Link for full quote. 'tis mighty funny.

harborpirate

• Bay Watcher
  • cancels eat: job item lost or destroyed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2011, 04:43:55 pm »

Yeah, it all comes back to the fact that we really need to be able to designate cleaning. Dwarves suck at planning anything themselves, so for crying out loud let us do it.