Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Marksdwarfs not picking up ammo.  (Read 752 times)

MetalGear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Marksdwarfs not picking up ammo.
« on: May 28, 2011, 04:28:36 pm »

So, my fort has two squads of marksdwarfs. In the military > ammunition screen each squad is assigned around 200 bolts for training and combat. Also, I'm pretty sure every member of the squad has a quiver. When I set them to train, I sometimes see one go and shoot the archery targets. Don't know what the rest of them are doing, but at least one of them is working. Recently, I tried to have them shoot some badgers from behind a fortification, but the bastards refused to fire. They have no ammo in their inventories, and I don't know how to make them pick some up. I do have extra ammo laying around in my ammo stockpile nearby, and the stockpile is accessible to all of them. How do I get the little bastards to shoot?

Acperience

• Bay Watcher
  • Introjection
    • View Profile
Re: Marksdwarfs not picking up ammo.
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2011, 04:48:42 pm »

The ammo is sometimes bugged so that the first 200 bolts are reserved for hunters even if the hunters aren't using them.

Unassigning all bolts from the hunters might do the trick.

zephyr_hound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2011, 05:19:45 pm »

Seconding the hunter thing. I've got two full squads of marksdwarves in my fort and I noticed specific stacks of bolts continually went unclaimed until I unassigned hunter ammo.
Soapmaker? Looking for a fort to migrate to? Come to Ubenudil! Lush tropical climate, friendly neighbors, rumors of terrifying curse on the land entirely unfounded. Probably.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=85057.0
This message brought to you by the Soapmaker's Guild of Isakudil.

MetalGear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2011, 05:34:39 pm »

Thanks, will try that.