Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Moving tombs  (Read 801 times)

Noir

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Evil Overlord
    • View Profile
Moving tombs
« on: May 27, 2011, 07:47:06 pm »

I have recently the time and resources of building proper tombs, and I decided that three of my fallen in particular deserve a 4x5, fully-engraved gold sarcophagus tomb, filled with steel and platinum masterwork statues.

I have de-constructed their current graves and their earthly remains have emerged.
Question: how do I move the (now skeletal) corpses to the other tomb?
Naked dwarves remove the need to produce more clothing, which means more of your pig tails can be brewed into booze.
I think this is less a problem and more an expression of dwarven priorities.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
Re: Moving tombs
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2011, 07:55:14 pm »

I'm reletively sure if you just construct the sarcophogus you can assign it to them and someone will remove the remains.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Noir

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Evil Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2011, 07:56:09 pm »

I'm reletively sure if you just construct the sarcophogus you can assign it to them and someone will remove the remains.

Oh, so I can still assign to them if they are already dead? Because when assigning a _tomb_, I can only see the name of the living (I think).
Naked dwarves remove the need to produce more clothing, which means more of your pig tails can be brewed into booze.
I think this is less a problem and more an expression of dwarven priorities.

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2011, 07:59:39 pm »

As long as there are no other unburied remains, just set the new tomb as a burial site (using 'q'), and your haulers should move the remains to their new resting spot.
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2011, 08:02:16 pm »

hmmm, well I think you may be f*cked in that case, the only thing i can suggest is memorial slabs. or alot of casper-the-not-so-friendly-ghosts.

Of course, you can let them go out with a dwarfy bang. which would be to a) create said slabs, and b)  dump their bodies in magma for epic funerals.

OR, what kren said
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2011, 08:03:39 pm »

Dwarves bury the first unburied corpses first and bury them in the oldest unfilled grave, so if you inter all of your dead, then build your nice tombs, then exhume the dead you want to honor and set only the tombs to be used for burial by whoever, the newly-exhumed dead will be interred in the nice tombs. Complicated description, simple execution. Speaking of executions, you should christen your new tombs with nobles' blood.
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!