Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19

Author Topic: Bloodbowl: LE - Season 2 - Morg's Meat Mashers Wins!  (Read 21560 times)

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bloodbowl: LE - Season 2 - Semi Finals!
« Reply #255 on: September 29, 2011, 06:41:56 pm »

Wow. Ninja'ed!

Totally worth 8 bucks even for the single player.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: September 29, 2011, 07:36:16 pm »

Absolutely.

Any word on those Semi-finals games? It'd be nice if we could get the new season started soon, to take advantage of anyone who picks up the game at this sale.

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: September 29, 2011, 09:41:15 pm »

Absolutely.

Any word on those Semi-finals games? It'd be nice if we could get the new season started soon, to take advantage of anyone who picks up the game at this sale.

yeah I've been talking to cthulu, we'll be playing tommorow

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: October 01, 2011, 02:51:47 pm »

Suddenly I remember why I hate this game.

Yeah, I lost, no longer undefeated.  Couldn't roll over a 1 on anything remotely important for the entire first half, and by the time I started doing decently it was too late.
Shoes...

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: October 01, 2011, 02:53:51 pm »

Ridiculous touchdowns I got, ninjuitsu tier. Got my revenge for the first match, killed one of his horned guys too. UNDERDOGS IN THE FINALS

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: October 02, 2011, 09:34:34 pm »

I poked Fikes earlier this week, and am poking him again right now.

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: October 04, 2011, 01:09:39 am »

A tight 1-0 game, with lots of hijinks in the last few turns, but the orcs emerged victorious. Now, one final push against the hummies... let's get stuck in!

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: October 04, 2011, 01:05:14 pm »

I was 1 step away from a tying touch down and his orc made two "go for it!" and knocked me down. That sucked.

Then I had this crazy ass double dodge, handoff, pass, plan on the last turn. Everything worked except the failed launch.

IF I decide to play again next season, I want a team that can blodge (get block and dodge). I really hate how useless my line was against everyone.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: October 04, 2011, 01:23:18 pm »

New Week!

Finals:

ndkid - Orc - Morg's Meat Mashers vs Vherid - Human - Brooklyn Brawlers

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
Re: Bloodbowl: LE - Season 2 - Finals!
« Reply #264 on: October 05, 2011, 09:32:23 am »

I believe the final game will be played sometime in the next few days, so it's probably worthwhile to start discussing next season. Are we going to allow the currently existing teams to continue, or start from scratch? Should we start developing the list of interested players now so that it's ready to go as soon as possible?

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: October 05, 2011, 11:13:02 am »

We should probably start a new thread for season three with the results of season two on it.

I would vote to allow teams to carry over, but only teams from our league.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: October 06, 2011, 09:30:06 am »

The only thing you've got to worry about there is that it can discourage new players from signing up.

Who wants to bring in a brand new Elf team when they might be paired up with a bunch of Block/Mighty Blow Orcs for their first match?

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: October 06, 2011, 09:56:00 am »

The only thing you've got to worry about there is that it can discourage new players from signing up.

Who wants to bring in a brand new Elf team when they might be paired up with a bunch of Block/Mighty Blow Orcs for their first match?

The flip side is, if I'm only going to be able to use a team for 4-5 matches (given the high proportion of byes), it's harder to get invested in the first place if I also know I won't be able to use that team in the future.

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: October 06, 2011, 10:58:51 am »

Are there any options to "level the field" at league creation?

Even if there aren't, I don't think it will discourage people too much. Those that join us in season 3 will have an experienced team for season 4. But we can start a new topic and put up a poll.

Charmander

• Bay Watcher
  • [!!TAIL!!]
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: October 06, 2011, 12:49:45 pm »

Well, that's what inducements are for.

Even if you've got a massively skilled opponent, get a master chef to steal their rerolls, a star player to give you an edge or a horde of wizards and bribes... It's not perfect, but it does even the sides somewhat.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19