Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 19

Author Topic: Bloodbowl: LE - Season 2 - Morg's Meat Mashers Wins!  (Read 21591 times)

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bloodbowl: LE - Season 2 - Week 7!
« Reply #180 on: July 22, 2011, 07:31:20 pm »

How many more games do we have this season and do we have a decision on how playoffs will work?

There are 9 weeks of games, then the top 8 teams play in 3 rounds of finals, which are single elimination.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: July 23, 2011, 10:13:56 am »

Awesome, I have a bye week.  I won't have to play another agonizing game without my Beast.
Shoes...

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 23, 2011, 10:21:00 pm »

I said I wasn't going to do a writeup, and I won't... but I'll let these pics tell the tale:

edit: Ha, he posted pics too... I'll just spoiler these then. It's pretty much the same stuff posted below.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Most one-sided game I've ever had... and that's in about 300 games of experience. It was... well, I'm just glad I'm a mellow guy.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 10:29:15 pm by AlStar »

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 23, 2011, 10:25:19 pm »

Well. The brawlers finally got to fight someone they could pick on, and they certainly brawled a hell of a game. Brawlers managed to push out their first real win of the season.

As soon as things started out, it looked bad already, things looked like the goblins were going to score in a matter of 2-3 turns. The agile little bastards managed to squeeze the ball carrier through my line of defense right after receiving the kick off and was already heading for the touch down.

Things quickly changed however. The goblins started to receive an absolute slaughter upon themselves, and when I mean slaughter, I mean a complete massacre. The brawlers must have had some insane pent up rage, because goblins started to drop left and right. Chances are it was their star blitzer getting injured however. Right after the goblin chainsaw wielder injured their star blitzer, their most prized position in bloodbowl, that goblin was instantly retaliated upon and received an injury. The ball carrier was caught up too, and also knocked the hell out. Goblins started to drop left and right to concussions and injuries, and eventually the brawlers picked up the ball that they had beaten from the goblins twitching hands and brought it all the way to a touchdown.

Already reinforcements from the benched goblin players had to fill positions, and they were set up to receive their second kick off in the first half. One of their larger friends tried to toss the gobbo with the ball way towards our endzone which actually ended up giving the thrown thing a concussion and an instant turnover. The brawlers resumed beating the piss out of as many of the goblins as they could and recovered the ball, severely inflicting more concussions and injuries on the goblins and a lot of stomping. The ref was clearly wasted, or blind, because he would not call anything worth a foul hit. The brawlers almost made their second goal but time ran out and it was half time.

Coming into the second half, the goblins were already outnumbered. It was 11 vs 9 at this point and they only had one of their trolls. A complete, even worse repeat of the first half happened as even more goblins were subjected to concussions and injuries, eventually leading to a second touchdown for the Brawlers and by kick off, it was 11 vs 3. The goblins tried their best to do some sort of throw plan at this point, but it was just 3 little ones. The brawlers converged on them and took out two more of them leaving just one goblin left standing. Last man standing.

The game ended 2-0 in favor of the Brawlers, and boy are they excited.

Unfortunately, no really effective injuries or deaths were handed out.

Magentawolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 23, 2011, 11:31:28 pm »

That's... impressive, I must say.

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: July 25, 2011, 03:18:24 pm »

Wow. That is the best screenshot ever. Hopefully Sartain and I can hook up for our game soon. I finally bit the bullet and picked up a rat ogre. Also replaced my beaten-to-hell linemen with a stormvermin.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 27, 2011, 03:07:44 pm »

Fikes, Sartain - any luck getting a game?

Because of the byes, you two are the only ones left for this week. I'm leaving for 10 days on Friday, and it'd be great if we could advance the week before I go.

Sartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: July 27, 2011, 04:16:37 pm »

Fikes, Sartain - any luck getting a game?

Because of the byes, you two are the only ones left for this week. I'm leaving for 10 days on Friday, and it'd be great if we could advance the week before I go.

I actually passed on it sunday because I was so damn hungover, haven't been in contact with Fikes since. Not even sure what his Steam name is, come to think of it...

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: July 27, 2011, 04:51:49 pm »

It is No Skill. I'll have time tonight if you want to Jam. Pretty much every weeknight after 5 pacific is good for me.

Sartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: July 29, 2011, 05:29:03 am »

It is No Skill. I'll have time tonight if you want to Jam. Pretty much every weeknight after 5 pacific is good for me.

Looks like perfectly opposite parts of the world strikes again. My weekend is pretty booked too, but I guess we'll figure something out since this obviously isn't happening before Alstar leaves for his 10 days :(
Why do you all have to be americans, anyway? Haven't you ever heard of diversifying? :p

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: July 29, 2011, 08:44:00 am »

Looks like perfectly opposite parts of the world strikes again. My weekend is pretty booked too, but I guess we'll figure something out since this obviously isn't happening before Alstar leaves for his 10 days :(
Why do you all have to be americans, anyway? Haven't you ever heard of diversifying? :p

You're assuming some other country would take us in. ;-)

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: July 29, 2011, 10:26:44 am »

My weekend is full to, so tonight is our best bet.

I get home around 5 pacific (GMT -8)

Sartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: July 29, 2011, 11:24:35 am »

My weekend is full to, so tonight is our best bet.

I get home around 5 pacific (GMT -8)

I guess I'll be at the computer most of the day, unless my girlfriend says otherwise :)

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: July 29, 2011, 07:23:34 pm »

We tried. On turn one the game lost connection but didn't assign a score for some reason. We tried to play again, but this time both of us got the stupid "check your firewall" crap. We are going to try early tomorrow.

Sartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 02, 2011, 03:48:33 pm »

We tried. On turn one the game lost connection but didn't assign a score for some reason. We tried to play again, but this time both of us got the stupid "check your firewall" crap. We are going to try early tomorrow.

Looks like we'll have to wait until Alstar gets back to reset our game :(
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 19