Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19

Author Topic: Bloodbowl: LE - Season 2 - Morg's Meat Mashers Wins!  (Read 21575 times)

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bloodbowl: LE - Season 2 - Create Your Team, Sign Up!
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2011, 12:03:03 pm »

Same here. Looking forward to rats playing dead!

DMBlackhart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2011, 02:54:26 pm »

Curious, how will the lineup be planned? Will Alstar be the one deciding who plays who? Or is it generally up to vote?

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2011, 04:14:37 pm »

The schedule is set up automatically by the league system.

All I do is validate the match results and advance the week when all games are complete.

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2011, 04:31:09 pm »

The schedule is set up automatically by the league system.

All I do is validate the match results and advance the week when all games are "complete".

History clearly states that complete needs to be in quotes and generally means "When we get tired of waiting".

Everyone should try and play a quick pre-season game of some sort so we can iron out any connection issues. I'll be home in a few hours if anyone is interested.

Sartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2011, 06:05:23 pm »

Right, the Black Pyramid Spawnlings have applied for the league

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2011, 07:17:01 pm »

As have "Dah Fikeseas"

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2011, 10:46:39 pm »

Applied

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2011, 10:52:05 pm »

Currently Signed Up:
Sartain - Lizardmen - Black Pyramid Spawnlings
Fikes - Skaven - Dah Fikeseas
ndkid - Orc - Morg's Meat Mashers
DMBlackhart - Undead - Blackhart's Blighters
Cthulhu - Nurgle - Squid's Blubs
Vherid - Human - Brooklyn Brawlers
Xgamer4 - Dark Elf - X's Deathbringers
AlStar - Goblin - Giving the Boot

Magentawolf - Chaos

We're still at 9, so I've asked my friend to join in. Not sure what he'll be playing as yet. Still not too late for a Bay12 player to join in if they want.

It looks like we'll be starting soon, which is good.

Edit: Also, if everyone could join this Steam group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/B12Bloodbowl it would be appreciated - it makes it that much easier to get games set up. If your name on Steam is different than your Bay12 name, please post in the comments section.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 11:00:33 pm by AlStar »

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2011, 12:22:42 am »

Just wanted to point out that there are 13 members in the group and the group has 359.5 hours in games in the past week. That is an average over over 27 hours per person in a week. A WEEK! 4 hours a day!

Life is good eh?

Magentawolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2011, 08:28:04 am »

I've signed up, as the Ides of Khaos.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2011, 08:31:34 am »

Anyone want to start making predictions?  I don't know who'll be first place, but I bet I know who will be last place.
Shoes...

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 02, 2011, 09:27:21 am »

Here's my take on the teams:

Dah Fikeseas: No Stormvermin or Rat Ogre - an interesting choice, since the vermin have block and AV 8, and the Ogre would provide ST 5. Prudently has a couple of reserve rats, since av 7 means they'll get hurt.

Morg's Meat Mashers: Trades off Black Orcs for extra rerolls. Personal choice here, I like to start with 4 Black Orcs, just because they're so bloody hard to level up, plus the extra strength never hurt.

Squid's Blubs: Gets Beast of Nurgle at cost of Pesigors. Personally, I feel that the extra flexability of four Pestigors adds a lot more than the ST 5 Beast. Also, since you don't have the Pestigors, you've got to fill in with Rotters, who are slow and prone to violent death.

Black Pyramid Spawnlings: Average Lizard start.

Blackhart's Blighters: Average Undead start.

X’s Deathbringers: Trades off a Blitzer and rerolls for an Assassin and Witch Elf. Elves need less rerolls then most teams, due to their excellent ball handling, but 1 RR is risky. Witch Elves are powerful, but flimsy (AV 7) and expensive ($110k).

Brooklyn Brawlers: 0RR, 16 players. Umm, good luck.

The Ides of Khaos: Minotaur, cheerleaders, coaches instead of Chaos Warriors. I like starting with all four Warriors for the same reason I like starting with all four Black Orcs. They’re one of the best players… when they’ve leveled up.

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 02, 2011, 09:47:39 am »

Anyone want to start making predictions?  I don't know who'll be first place, but I bet I know who will be last place.
Because early injuries/deaths can make a pretty drastic change to a team's prospects, I prefer to wait until week one before making predictions. Broadly, I think the chances are never bad for Elven and Skaven teams, if they can hold together long enough. And I trust my own skills well enough, of course. :-)

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 02, 2011, 11:10:02 am »

Rat Ogres seem great, but evey game I've played with them, they get knocked down on the first play and wild animal every play after that. I refuse to blitz with them (since if they wild animal you lose the blitz) so they almost always stand up back in base to base with an enemy meaning... they get knocked down again.

I am not going to give away my offensive strategy but it involves long shots, lucky plays, and gutter runners. It is all about going from "We are boned, the cage is crumbled, GG" to "How did that gutter runner do that!?"/

Defense is taken straight out of a guide, "How can I get my hands on the ball and score right now?"

It won't work every time, or even very often, but I think it will work often enough.

DMBlackhart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 02, 2011, 01:44:12 pm »

Yep. average undead.

Just don't be TOO suprised when you lose to those average undead.  :P
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19