Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 19

Author Topic: Bloodbowl: LE - Season 2 - Morg's Meat Mashers Wins!  (Read 21581 times)

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
Re: Bloodbowl: LE - Season 2 - Create Your Team, Sign Up!
« Reply #45 on: June 02, 2011, 02:25:48 pm »

Brooklyn Brawlers: 0RR, 16 players. Umm, good luck.

Don't worry, It'll be like a drunken Irish mob ready to fight, It gets shit done.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 02, 2011, 02:47:43 pm »

I've got my prediction for last place on a PM to myself.  I'll post it after five or so games to see if I was right.
Shoes...

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 02, 2011, 05:54:04 pm »

Sorry if I'm taking this a little off-topic here, but I'm really struggling to figure this game out and could use a little help.

Is turnbased or real time considered to be the 'proper' way to play?  What races are best for noobs?  Any decent guides floating around the interwebs?
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 02, 2011, 06:09:08 pm »

Sorry if I'm taking this a little off-topic here, but I'm really struggling to figure this game out and could use a little help.

Is turnbased or real time considered to be the 'proper' way to play?  What races are best for noobs?  Any decent guides floating around the interwebs?

Turn based. Orcs or Dwarves. Look at the spoilers of this post: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=81089.0

WEEK 1 STARTS:
ndkid - Orc - Morg's Meat Mashers vs Vherid - Human - Brooklyn Brawlers
Xgamer4 - Dark Elf - X's Deathbringers vs Sartain - Lizardmen - Black Pyramid Spawnlings
Flat Eric - Elf - Blacktoof Co vs Magentawolf - Chaos - The Ides of Khaos
Cthulhu - Nurgle - Squid's Blubs vs  DMBlackhart - Undead - Blackhart's Blighters
AlStar - Goblin - Giving the Boot vs Fikes - Skaven - Dah Fikeseas
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 06:13:37 pm by AlStar »

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: Bloodbowl: LE - Season 2 - Week 1!
« Reply #49 on: June 02, 2011, 06:19:36 pm »

Dwarves are the devil.  Don't play them.  The only reason they win games is because the other player falls asleep and lets his turns run out.
Shoes...

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 02, 2011, 09:10:05 pm »

AlStar - Goblin - Giving the Boot vs Fikes - Skaven - Dah Fikeseas

Giving the Boot fights Dah Fikeseas to a 3-3 tie.

It was a fairly amazing game, if for no other reason than because neither team was able to hurt each other. There were two CAS all games - a goblin failed a dodge and BH himself, and another was eaten by his fellow troll on an attempted throw.

This despite multiple blitzes from a chainsaw, my loony running over downed players, and (when they weren't staring... OFTEN... at their toes) my trolls hitting AV7 rats.

I started receiving, and played fairly well, managing to get the ball into such a position that I was able to stall for a couple turns before there were just too many rats about to jump me. Of course, rats being rats, they managed to tie the game 1-1 in the final two phases. This also got my bomber kicked out of the game before he got to throw a single bomb.

The rats, after mishandling the ball a couple of times, manage to run in a score, 1-2.
The Boot clears the front lines, then hands the ball off to a goblin next to a troll. The troll picks up the goblin… and eats him. Goblin dead.
Fortunately for the goblins, the rats are unable to pick up the ball, and they are able to make another handoff. The troll picks up the goblin… and this time throws him far. The goblin lands on his feet and dashes for the goal. 2-2.

The rats once again manage to fumble some fairly basic ball handling rolls, but still manage to run in the ball on their last turn. 3-2.

With the pressure up, the ball is kicked long by the rats, so is handed to the goblin next to the trolls. The rats in front of the troll are cleared, and he picks up the ball carrier… the throw is good… the goblin lands on his feet next to a rat… a successful dodge… and one GFI later and he scores! 3-3, game ends!

Great game Fikes!

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 03, 2011, 09:59:06 am »

As a side note (and to push this topic back to page 1), Flat Eric is the friend who I mentioned. His Steam name is evildead, and he's in the Bay12 Steam group.

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 03, 2011, 11:55:18 am »

I had a very good time. I generally expect my rats to fail at the basic stuff and succeed at the hard stuff so I wasn't surpised when my Thrower with Sure Hands failed to pick up the ball but the next turn threw a touchdown pass to a LINEMEN.

Alstars trolls suffered from a very serious bout of Really Stupid, so they spent much of the game standing in the middle of the field, which worked just fine for me!

Alstars going to be a tougher player to beat, he didn't make any basic mistakes that I caught. Watch out for flying goblins!

None of my guys leveled up :(.

Xgamer4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 03, 2011, 09:03:17 pm »

Gah, I'm playing a few games against the AI to get used to how to play/how to play Dark Elves, and lost a win because I didn't take 30 seconds to *think*. Dark Elves vs Wood Elves, the Wood Elves started out with a 2-0 lead, and I just barely inch it to 2-1 before half. I even it out a few turns later, and wind up something like 10 squares from the goal line with two turns on the clock. I should've been able to score, but instead I make a few incredibly stupid moves and leave it at a draw. I'm so mad at myself right now.
insert something mind-blowing/witty here*

Sartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 04, 2011, 07:40:09 pm »

I just wanted to let you guys know I've had some busy days but will play my match of the coming days

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 04, 2011, 08:35:25 pm »

Played my game against Blackhart's Blighters.  Won 1 - 0.  Pretty by-the-numbers games, took his ghouls off the pitch (One cas, one KO, one crowdsurf) and scored on turn 5 or 6.  His ghouls couldn't keep a hold of the ball and he couldn't do much damage to my team with their toughness and Frightening Appearance.  The last few turns were basically both teams standing around the ball trying to dislodge each other.

Still, my first Blood Bowl win against a human player, so I'm pretty excited.  No levelups though, but thankfully the MVP went to a warrior and not a rotter.
Shoes...

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 04, 2011, 09:28:12 pm »

I've validated the match. You can now see how much you actually earned (stupid bug - wish they'd patch that) and spend cash.

DMBlackhart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 04, 2011, 11:08:39 pm »

Aye my match against Cthulu was pretty nice. I now have a new found hate for Nurgels. Or rather, a seething, unbridaled rage for nurgels.

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
Comedy of Errors
« Reply #58 on: June 05, 2011, 09:49:45 pm »

Morg's Meat Mashers vs Brooklyn Brawlers
Final: MMM 1-0 BB

1H: Humans pick up the ball, get a both down result, turnover
1O: Lots down, no injuries
2H: Humans don't move forward due to a couple of successful blocks followed by a both down
2O: Several knocked down, final both down leads to turnover
3H: Inaccurate pass goes behind orc line
3O: Pick up ball, *fumbled pass*
4H: Fails to pick up ball
4O: Pushes instead of knock downs lead to the passer who wanted to pick up the ball having to make a defensive block instead. Black orc on main line gets a both down result.
5H: Early attacker down ends turn
5O: Successful pickup *and* throw gets the ball to the safe sideline, and knock down a few humans in the process
6H: Blitz ballcarrier immediately. One die roll gets a knockdown. Results in dealth. Apocothary still results in death. Ouch. Followed almost immediately by a KO to an orc on the line. Orcs now officially in "defensive" mode, though the ball is still halfway into the human's side of the field.
6O: Several good blocks, movement of orcs to side of field with ball, but stupid read by me lead to picking a both down result when it was *him* with block, not *me* with block. D'oh.
7H: Successful pass to catcher who got open downfield.
7O: More blocks get a blitzer in the path of the catcher.
8H: The catcher fails to dodge.
8O: Take revenge. Two KOs, one successful pass, one badly hurt player.

9O: Down a couple of men, the orcs try an ideocyncratic formation, strong side left. The kick went surprisingly centered. Orcs win the line of scrimmage, succeed in the pass, and get the ball halfway down the human sideline.
9H: Successful blitz on ballrunner leads to the ball going out of bounds... and back behind the orc line of scrimmage.
10O: Good blocks lead to getting the ball back. Passer picks it up... and fumbles. So far, fumbles are as likely as not. :-)
10H: An early foul and an early failed dodge lead to an early end of the turn.
11O: Solid blocks get the ball back; good dodges get a wall around it.
11H: Maneuver to surround the wall. Blitz pushes ballcarrier.
12O: Black orc blitz gives the thrower with the ball room to run to break away from the surrounded wall. Several lucky 1-die blocks leave most of the humans down on the ground.
12H: Humans seek revenge on the wall. Lots of downed orcs. One successful dodge gets a human toward the ballcarrier... until he falls going for it. Even hurts himself in the process.
13O: Ball runner plays it safe and doesn't go for it, since nobody was around. Orc attempting to blitz guy on sideline falls when going for it, even with reroll.
13H: Human attempts early foul. Methinks he's given up.
14O: A couple of safe blocks, then the TD.
14H: Humans have 1 eject, 2 hurt, 2 KO. Orcs have 1 hurt. Thus 11-10 on field. Orcs kick a touchback. Humans solidify on their left sideline, get the ball forward, and even get a catcher behind the orc line. Humans eventually get the dreaded both down, ending turn.
15O: Lots of 2-die blocks get almost the entire human team down. The catcher stays up, but now has two orcs behind him. The thrower is still safely behind the line.
15H: Throws interception.
16O: Gets ball safely into human territory. The orcs get some more humans down, and try one 3-assist foul, and still fail.
16H: Humans blitz and knock out ball carrier. A foul leads to another ejection.

Thoughts: This was, indeed, a comedy of errors. It felt like there were far more failures of everything... dodges, passes, blocks, injury rolls, than successes. Part of that was simply the lack of rerolls on the part of the humans, but the luck gods didn't seem to love anyone today.

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 05, 2011, 10:27:54 pm »

Yeah, first game online, pretty much just started playing again since like half a year, and only played dark elves edition, was a pretty good impasse until orcs got a goal, so then I just tried to take out as many more of the orc players as I could.

Killing a player is all I could have asked for that match though, so I'm happy.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 10:30:23 pm by Vherid »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 19