Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19]

Author Topic: Bloodbowl: LE - Season 2 - Morg's Meat Mashers Wins!  (Read 21559 times)

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
Re: Bloodbowl: LE - Season 2 - Finals!
« Reply #270 on: October 06, 2011, 04:50:36 pm »

Well, that's what inducements are for.

Even if you've got a massively skilled opponent, get a master chef to steal their rerolls, a star player to give you an edge or a horde of wizards and bribes... It's not perfect, but it does even the sides somewhat.

Not to mention that, frankly, anytime I'm facing a Skaven or Wood Elf team, no matter how experienced my team is, I'm going into the match assuming I'm going to lose... giving them inducements just makes it worse. (Q. What's worse for your record than facing a Wood Elf Team? A. Facing a Wood Elf Team that can buy extra rerolls!)

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: October 07, 2011, 08:36:39 pm »

Season 2 Final: Brooklyn Brawlers @ Morg's Meat Mashers

Such was the push for a human victory that the Brawlers managed to convince Griff Oberwald to join them for the match. The orcs had their standard All-Stars, including their A4 leader passer, their S5 black orc, and their S4 A4 blitzer. (Yes, my rolls have been insane.)

The orcs win the coin flip, and elect to kick off.

B1: The brawlers get the ball into the hands of Griff, and pull him to their left-hand side. They find the orc front line impenetrable, so they elect for a conservative start.

M1: The Mashers start the game the orcy way, knocking down most of the human front line, and getting a couple of players standing beside Griff.

B2: The Brawlers converge on Griff.

M2: The orcs push Griff up against the sideline, and knock another human out of bounds.

B3: The humans knock an orc over, and then attempt to foul him, leading to the ejection of another player.

M3: The orcs knock another human out of bounds, and then Griff, leading the ball to be thrown back in near midfield. The star passer Morkaf was down, and so could not get to the ball. A lineman who attempted to do so fumbled it.

B4: A brave human player makes an attempt for the ball despite the tackle zones, and knocks himself over in the process.

M4: Morkaf picks up the ball and passes it to a waiting lineman. Then the orcs begin knocking the few humans left on the field over.

B5: In a despirate play, one of the few standing humans makes a two-die-against block, and gets two knock-downs, KOing the ball carrying lineman. Unfortunately, a human trying to get over to support him failed to dodge.

M5: Morkaf picks up the ball and throws it to a blitzer making a beeline for the end zone. Touchdown!

B6: A touchback puts the ball in the hands of Griff once again. Before he ran, however, a lineman failed his block.

M6: The orc line knocks over the human line, but an attempt to get a blocker on Griff leads to Morkaf falling over due to running too fast.

B7: The humans knock over an orc or two.

M7: The orcs knock over the human line again to little gain.

B8: Griff makes a run for the end zone, only to have the half end.

M8: The orcs knock a few more humans over, then go into halftime and get a chewing out from the coach about how not a single injury had been inflicted yet.

M9: Morkaf runs the kicked ball back toward midfield; the orcs leave two humans standing on the pitch.

B9: Griff Oberwald fails a dodge, leading to a very short human turn.

M10: The orcs get too aggressive, and two failed black orc blocks lead to a short turn for them.

B10: Griff stands up and gets beside Morkaf, but only manages to push him back. A failed dodge finally leads to a human injury (which the apothecary deals with).

M11: Morgaf dodges away from Griff, who now has two orcs on him, and gets back toward centerfield.

B11: Griff again pushes Morgaf, now toward the sideline, but another failed dodge by a human ends the turn early.

M12: The orcs knock over most of the humans, but can't shake Morgaf's tails off. He attempts a pass in two tackle zones, and fumbles it.

B12: Griff again tries a dodge, and again fails.

M13: A black orc blocks a human out of bounds, and finally gets a true orc casualty for his efforts. Morgraf gets the ball to a blitzer running downfield. Another two humans get KOed from a block and foul.

B13: Human passes

M14: The orcs push another human out of bounds, then run the ball in for a touchdown.

B14: Griff catches the kickoff in the air, runs it up the gut, and manages to knock over a black orc, who another human then stuns via foul.

M15: The human standing beside Griff manages to pick up the ball as Griff and most of the rest of the humans go down to blocks.

B15: An attempted pass by the humans fails.

M16: A blitzer rolls snake eyes, ending the orc turn.

B16: A failed human pass ends the game.

Final Score: Mashers 2 - 0 Brawlers

Thoughts: 3 passes, 2 TDs, and 0 Casualties (I'm not sure why the black orc didn't get credit... I assume because it was a knock out-of-bounds) is not a particularly orcy win. Goodness knows it wasn't for lack of trying... the volume of armor rolls the humans had to make was substantial. Still, in the big game, any win is a good win.

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: October 08, 2011, 10:36:29 am »

Yeah I knew you were gonna win lol a orc team against a human team with a 300 rating lead, all you had to do was wall up and turtle, there wasn't much I was gonna be able to do. I hate my human team though I fucked it up from the start and getting into the finals is pretty hilarious but I want to start a dark elf team.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: October 08, 2011, 12:25:42 pm »

Match verified, congrats to Morg's Meat Mashers!
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19]