Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 19

Author Topic: Bloodbowl: LE - Season 2 - Morg's Meat Mashers Wins!  (Read 21586 times)

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
Re: Bloodbowl: LE - Season 2 - Week 5!
« Reply #150 on: July 08, 2011, 09:05:35 am »

O8: Trying too hard, a black orc gets ejected for a foul that did no damage.

Ouch! Don't do that! The goal of fouls is to trade one of your low-cost players for one of his high cost players. Always assume that your fouling player will be caught.

Even funnier: I realized near the end of the game that the black orc I used was the only one who had a skill: my Guarding Black Orc. I felt even dumber, then.

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 08, 2011, 11:52:03 am »

I should be able to play tonight, but in a very small window around 4pm Pacific. Tomorrow or really any time this weekend should work.

Also, I believe I have zero defeats still, and one tie.

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 09, 2011, 12:58:44 am »

Xgamer and I tried to play our game. At the end of the first half it was tied 1-1. Then my network adapter took a dump. Alstar can you reset the match so we can play again?

Xgamer4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 09, 2011, 01:06:34 am »

Well, we half-got a game in. We made it to a 1-1 tie at half-time, then Fike's network adapter decided to go crazy, and he got it working 10 seconds too late, literally. It resolved itself as a 3-1, my favor. Your call as to what to do, AIStar. I'm not against a rematch, but we seem to be the last group to go, so I'd completely understand if you just accepted it and went on for the week.

As for the scores:

Third turn, Fikes runs the ballcarrier out of a block of Skaven, passes it halfway into my end, then makes a run for the goal. Touchdown.

Seventh turn, I break away with the ball and start running down the field, with the left, left-back, and back square covered on the runner. Fikes covers what he can, then blitzes the runner. Dump-off fails, leaving the ball alone and a square behind. One-die roll comes up Attacker Down, and it's a turn over. My turn, I tackle a defender on a two-die, my favor, roll. Kill him, but an apothecary roll saves the unit's life. Run another unit over and stumble the only unit guarding the ball. Send my runner back, pick up the ball, and a single go for it gives me a touchdown.
insert something mind-blowing/witty here*

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 09, 2011, 07:53:46 am »

We're still way under-time. I'll reset your game.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 11, 2011, 02:45:29 pm »

Any word if/when you'll be able to do your rematch?

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 11, 2011, 02:47:49 pm »

X and I seem to have pretty similar schedules, so hopefull within the next couple days.

Magentawolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 13, 2011, 09:19:01 pm »

How are things looking over here?

Xgamer4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 14, 2011, 12:04:23 am »

Well, we finished our game.
Final Score: 3-1, in favor of Fikes.

My luck was absolutely horrendous. I'm not even sure how to do begin describing it, but Fikes will vouch for just how bad it was. Two of my units died within a round of each other.
First Unit:
*attempts a single dodge*
*trips*
*dies*
Me: "Oh crap..." *apothecary*
Apothecary: "I can make him dead!"
Me: ;_;

My very next turn.
Me: "Two-die dodge, seems like a good start."
*rolls*
[Attacker Down][Both Down]
Me: "...Eh, I better reroll. It's an opening move." *reroll*
[Attacker Down][Attacker Down]
Me: -_-
*attacker down*
*unit manages to fall down and die*
Me: -_-;; ... ;_;

And then my luck stayed that bad for the next ~6 rounds.
insert something mind-blowing/witty here*

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 14, 2011, 12:08:55 am »

So X and I sat down to play. At the end of the first round he blue screened. Alstar happen to be online so he reset the game.

I (skaven) scored on turn 4. Towards the end of the first half I came close to scoring again but lost the ball deep in his side of the pitch, he picked it up, threw some well placed blocks and was one turn away from scoring himself. I sent a Gutter runner in for the assist, thinking it was the safe thing to do, but rolled a 1 twice in a row. He scored to end the first half. We were tied 1 to 1.

That was where my bad luck ended and X's began.

He tried to dodge one of his players out of a tacke zone, failed, and died. Yes died. Dead. Apothacary? Still dead.

On his next 3 or 4 turns every die roll came up with double defender down. One of these resulted in another death. Two deaths for X. At one point he was fielding only 4 or 5 players.

I ran up the score a little bit since I seem to be at a lack of SPP. In the end it was 3 - 1. X, if your keyboard survived that game you are a gentleman and a scholar.

EDIT: Ninja'ed, but kept intact.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 14, 2011, 01:02:37 am »

Vherid - Human - Brooklyn Brawlers vs DMBlackhart - Undead - Blackhart's Blighters SET TO 2-0
Flat Eric - Elf - Blacktoof Co vs AlStar - Goblin - Giving the Boot SET TO 0-2
Sartain - Lizardmen - Black Pyramid Spawnlings vs Magentawolf - Chaos - The Ides of Khaos SET TO 0-2

Week 5 Ends.

Week 6:
Fikes - Skaven - Dah Fikeseas vs ndkid - Orc - Morg's Meat Mashers
AlStar - Goblin - Giving the Boot vs DMBlackhart - Undead - Blackhart's Blighters (BYE)
Cthulhu - Nurgle - Squid's Blubs vs Magentawolf - Chaos - The Ides of Khaos
(BYE) Flat Eric - Elf - Blacktoof Co vs Sartain - Lizardmen - Black Pyramid Spawnlings (BYE)
Xgamer4 - Dark Elf - X's Deathbringers vs Vherid - Human - Brooklyn Brawlers

Flat Eric - Elf - Blacktoof Co vs Sartain - Lizardmen - Black Pyramid Spawnlings SET TO 1-1

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bloodbowl: LE - Season 2 - Week 6!
« Reply #161 on: July 16, 2011, 12:05:55 pm »

Bumping this topic since it's fallen to page 4 - come on people, 2 of the BYE's are playing eachother this week, so there's a lot of games to be played!

Magentawolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 19, 2011, 09:09:04 am »

I've been somewhat out of it for the last couple of days, but I'll see if I can't get in touch with Cthulhu in the very near future.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 19, 2011, 09:23:16 am »

I sent you a friend request, so you can send me a message about it whenever.
Shoes...

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 20, 2011, 01:03:58 am »

\Morg's Meat Mashers vs. Dah Fikeseas

Mashers kick off

Fikeseas 1: The Skaven break down the left side of the orc line, make the pass, and get the runner down the sideline.
Mashers 1: The orcs knock over the Skaven "line", get a man on the ball carrier, run another in for the blitz... and falls over, with reroll.
F2: Touchdown
O2: The orcs again take down the Skaven 3-man line, the A4 passer picks up the ball, runs to his A4 catcher... and fails the 3+ pass despite having Pass. Sad face.
F3: The Skaven amass around the ball.
O3: The orcs also amass around the ball, knocking over as many rats as they can manage in the process.
F4: Lots of blocking, and a pass across the field that is inaccurate, but lands in the catcher's hands anyhow.
O4: A blitzer manages to blitz the ball carrier into a KO. Another KO along the morass that the line has become.
F5: The Skaven manage to get a man free to pick up the ball and toss it across the field again. Not caught this time, thankfully.
O5: The orcs return the favor, getting their thrower to the ball, who tosses it to an upfield lineman. He 2-die blitzes to get away... and gets double down. Whoops. Thankfully, his partner picked the ball up.
F6: The Skaven knock down the ball carrier, get the ball, try a quick pass to a waiting skaven... who boffs it.
O6: The thrower gets the ball in traffic and tosses it back to a waiting Blitzer at midfield, who carries it well into the Skaven half of the field. The orcs also manage to knock a skaven off the field, who breaks his ankle on the way.
F7: A skaven blitzes the ballcarrier back, but another falls over on an attempted dodge.
O7: The orcs can't quite decide whether it's worse to tempt fate and not score or to give the Skaven another kickoff. They opt for the score in hand being better, and run the ball in.
F8: Seeing that scoring was not an option, the Skaven attempt a bunch of 1-die blocks, mostly pushing.
O8: Seeing that scoring was not an option, the Orcs attempt a bunch of 2-die blocks, doing nothing.

Score at Halftime: 1-1 Tie

O9: The kickoff lands near the thrower, who picks the ball up and moves it forward. The orcs control the line of scrimmage, though with only one stunned Skaven to show for it, but with the whole line on the Skaven side of midfield.
F9: The Skaven meet the Orcish line, and manage to knock over a man on the right side, leaving a hole that a gutter runner tries, and fails, to sneak through.
O10: The orcs again control the line, run the thrower with the ball to the right, try a quick pass... and butterfingers again manages to fumble the ball, dropping it backward a space rather than throwing it forward 2.
F10: An orc goes into the crowd with superficial bruises. Then the Gutter runner gets the ball and tosses it to a waiting lineman halfway into orc territory.
O11: The orcs pull back, knock the new ballcarrier over, and get three men surrounding the ball, the gutter runner, and the lineman. That'll be enough, right?
F11: Some movement, a couple of blocks that knock down a black orc.
O12: The orcs knock over the gutter runner, get the ball back in the thrower's hands, and start moving forward. The black orcs knock around some skaven, and a linemen knocks a storm vermin on the edge off the pitch.
F12: A lineman gets some help and knocks over the thrower, getting the ball himself for his trouble.
O13: The orcs knock the ball carrier over, and surround the ball as best they can. Sadly, a black orc manages to knock himself over when slamming a skaven back near the line of scrimmage.
F13: A lineman is blitzed into the ball, pushing it one square closer to midfield. Sadly, this leaves the Gutter Runner able to pick up the ball. Thankfully, he fumbles it.
O14: The orcs decide it's time to get serious. They kill the Gutter Runner (though he was revived on the sideline). Sadly, another clumsy Black Orc manages to get his fist stuck in a skaven when knocking him over, leaving the thrower, who has run forward with the ball, more vulnerable than would be preferred.
F14: The Skaven blitz for the ballrunner ends in a push, rerolled for both down.
O15: The orcs pick the ball up, start to move forward for a mad sprint for the goal line... and trip.
F15: The Skaven pick up the ball, pass for the orc end zone... into the hands of the A4 lineman orc. Whew!
O16: The orcs move into violence mode, to little avail. They also run the ball back to the Skaven side of the field, just in case.
F16: Skaven attempts at damage go poorly... a lineman knocks himself down and dies.

Final Score: 1-1 Tie

Thoughts: Tense is the word for this game. It started in typical flashy Skaven style, but slowed down to more of an orc slog, with occasional clove shaves of more Skaven brilliance. At the end, only 4 Skaven were left on the field, though only 2 casualties were scored. With the Skaven, it always feels like I'm one turn away from losing the game, and a Skaven team with 3 rerolls feels even worse. But I held to my aggressive strategy, which helped to clog the line, and forced enough dodges that, every now and then, one failed. It could've gone either way, and I expect we'll see each other again in the playoffs.

Only bad news? My fans were unimpressed... I lost a fan factor, despite this being a fairly awesome game for its 15/20 rating.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 19