Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 19

Author Topic: Bloodbowl: LE - Season 2 - Morg's Meat Mashers Wins!  (Read 21606 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: Bloodbowl: LE - Season 2 - Week 3!
« Reply #135 on: June 30, 2011, 02:23:26 pm »

OKay, send me a message when you're good, I'll probably be good too.
Shoes...

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 30, 2011, 09:29:44 pm »

Morg's Meat Mashers v. X's Deathbringers

Mashers Kick Off. Pitch invasion stuns 4 orcs.

Deathbringers1: Elf picks up ball. Elf knocks over an orc. Elves end turn.
Mashers1: Orcs KO a witch, knock a couple down, and are glad to see the four down linemen will be getting up next turn.
D2: Orc Blitzer gets pushed off the pitch, but comes out okay. Ditto orc lineman.
O2: Several knocked down Elves, one stunned, none off the pitch. Covered the edge that the elves were going to run around, though.
D3: Dark Elves draw first blood... injury blood I mean, of course. A niggling injury gets apoc'ed into just a BH. Whew! Then an elf knocks himself out trying to dodge.
O3: A few blocks, a Black Orc runs for the ballcarrier in the open field... and trips over his feet going for it, despite the reroll.
D4: A both knocked over blitz with no rerolls left.
O4: Black orc knocks elf off the pitch. A few more elves go down... and then an orc gets called for his three assist foul. And it only stunned the man! That was hardly a foul, much less worth a whistle!
D5: No blocks, but the ballcarrier makes it to the orc side of midfield.
O5: Orcs get a 2-die block on the ball carrier. He dumps it off... and fails the catch. The block... double skull. A pox on both our houses, apparently.
D6: The elves pick up the ball and get it downfield.
O6: The ball carrier gets pushed back, but not down. As many orcs as possible get elves in their tackle zones.
D7: Dodge failure ends the turn quickly.
O7: Blitzer knocks down the ball carrier and picks the ball up. In a tackle zone, but what can you do? Changes look good for a 0-0 half.
D8: Double attacker down on first block. Luck is capricious.
O8: Injury-time manages to BH an elf.

Score at the Half: All nil.
Kickoff is a perfect defense.
O9: Orks control the line of scrimmage. One elf KO'ed, two down, two pushed. Before the ball carrier moves, a 2-die block rerolled goes double-double down.
D9: Elves KO an Orc and get a man deep downfield.
O10: The orcs, seeing the Elves bought the ruse, run the thrower forward, pass to a free lineman, and get the ball halfway into Elven territory. They then control the line of scrimmage some more, buying space for the runner.
D10: The Elves take the gambit, and dodge an elf out for a single-die blitz on the ball carrier. Double down.
O11: The orcs play conservative this time. The ex-carrier stands up, picks the ball back up, and lets a wall form behind him.
D11: An attempted block leaves an elf with a broken hand, that gets apoc'ed into... a broken arm. No fun.
O12: A couple of blocks, and the lineman is in for the TD.
D12: 8 Elves face 10 Orcs. The kickoff lands deep. Orcs have 2 rerolls left, Elves none. First block is an attack down.
O13: With so few Elves defending, the Orcs surge over the front line, keeping downed players in TZs to be safe.
D13: Elves go for a throw gambit, but the throw is off, getting to slightly behind an orc.
O14: Orcs get the ball with the A4 thrower, GFI twice, and get it into the hands of a lineman, who gets it a couple of spots from the end zone. They then make sure as many elves as possible hit the ground.
D14: More attacker down rolls. This is getting silly.
O15: A couple of blocks, and another Lineman in for the TD.
D15: Elves fail to pick up the ball. Fact that this is not the elves' game: confirmed.
O16: Orc thrower falls on ball.
D16: Dark Elves pick up the ball.

Thoughts: Overall, this just felt like piling-on to me. The elves, as elven teams often are, were gimped by their lack of rerolls. They generally could not field anything resembling a full team, and the Dark Elves aren't as speedy as their woody cousins, which makes it harder for them to maneuver the way they need to.

My orcs did approximately what they were supposed to do: slow down an elven team, force him to always roll to do anything, and slowly plod the ball down the field with short throws followed by short runs followed by walls of downfield blockers. The fact that my main thrower got an agility gain before the game certainly didn't hurt. Now all I need is a blitzer or lineman to get an "any" skill roll, and my orcy throwing game will be ready for prime time. 2 Passes. 2 TDs. and 2 Casualties is about what I expect from a game with this squad, and they delivered for a change.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 01, 2011, 08:27:43 am »

Game's validated.

Megenta: what's your availability look like?

Magentawolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 01, 2011, 10:53:05 am »

Game's validated.

Megenta: what's your availability look like?

After 6pm EST tonight, or pretty much any time over the weekend.

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 01, 2011, 03:23:47 pm »

So do all bye weeks get a 2-0 win?

Sucks I got no one to play this week. Vherid, how do you feel about an exhibition game with different teams? I know you said you wanted to try Nurgle or some such.

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 01, 2011, 03:44:06 pm »

So do all bye weeks get a 2-0 win?

Sucks I got no one to play this week. Vherid, how do you feel about an exhibition game with different teams? I know you said you wanted to try Nurgle or some such.

Id love to play something haha, I got a bye guy this week and next week, brings my terrible 0-3 to 2-3 but still sucks I don't get to play.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 02, 2011, 11:03:37 pm »

Giving the Boot fights the The Ides of Khaos to a 1-1 tie.

The first half had massive goblin casulties (plus a troll was struck down for -STR... but he got better), which turned out to be a very bad thing when, on turn 7, Khaos ran in their first point. The loony was thrown out, and without enough backbenchers, the goblins were forced to play their chainsaw and bomber for what was going to be, at most, 2 turns.

However, let it not be said that we didn't use our time well. In a single blow, the chainsaw struck down the Khaos Minotaur, BH. Then, in a stunning display of agility, a troll picked up a goblin, flung him downfield, where he landed without problems, and he scampered into the goal 1-1.

Second half, The Boot was recieving, but had only 9 players - two trolls and a mere 7 goblins. They set up their players for another airborne assault, but they hadn't counted on a trick that Nuffle played - he'd greased the ball up but good! I didn't keep count, but I would say that at least 9 out of every 10 ball pickup attempts failed for both teams.

A massive scrum broke out mid-field, with only their dodging saving the goblins from being blown away. At one point, the ball carrier was surrounded on 5 sides with Khaos players. The Boot tried, over and over again, to get the ball to a player that could be thrown by a troll. Every time they got close, the hand off failed.

Really, the only good things that can be said about the second half is that:
1) Khaos was unable to score.
2) We managed to SI (-STR) a beastman.

By the end of the game, 7 goblins were off the field (3 secret weapons, 3 BHs, 1 SI (MNG)) and two Khaos (1 BH, 1 SI (-STR))

Great game Magenta!
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 11:05:09 pm by AlStar »

Sartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 03, 2011, 04:24:44 am »

OKay, send me a message when you're good, I'll probably be good too.

Barring any unforseen happenings I'm hoping to catch you for our game today.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 03, 2011, 08:12:37 am »

I sent you a friend request on Steam.
Shoes...

Sartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 06, 2011, 08:29:54 am »

I sent you a friend request on Steam.

Something unexpected came up. Specifically, my gfx card fried the other day, so I don't know when I'll be able to play again :(

Magentawolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 06, 2011, 10:06:25 am »

So, we're down three people, now? Blargh.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 06, 2011, 11:23:42 am »

Vherid - Human - Brooklyn Brawlers vs Flat Eric - Elf - Blacktoof Co SET TO 2-0
Sartain - Lizardmen - Black Pyramid Spawnlings vs Cthulhu - Nurgle - Squid's Blubs SET TO 0-2
DMBlackhart - Undead - Blackhart's Blighters vs Fikes - Skaven - Dah Fikeseas SET TO 0-2

Week 4 Ends.

Week 5:
Cthulhu - Nurgle - Squid's Blubs vs ndkid - Orc - Morg's Meat Mashers
(BYE)Flat Eric - Elf - Blacktoof Co vs AlStar - Goblin - Giving the Boot
Xgamer4 - Dark Elf - X's Deathbringers vs Fikes - Skaven - Dah Fikeseas
Vherid - Human - Brooklyn Brawlers vs DMBlackhart - Undead - Blackhart's Blighters(BYE)
(BYE)Sartain - Lizardmen - Black Pyramid Spawnlings vs Magentawolf - Chaos - The Ides of Khaos

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
Re: Bloodbowl: LE - Season 2 - Week 5!
« Reply #147 on: July 07, 2011, 08:49:30 pm »

Squid's Blubs vs. Morg's Meat Mashers: Clash of the Undefeated

won the toss, elected to receive. Orcs line up in their standard smash formation.

Nurgle Turn 1: Ball is kicked fairly deep. The Nurgle line does a good job of pushing the orcs, putting five on their back.
Orc Turn 1: The orcs return the favor by knocking down 4 of Nurgle's host, including 1 KO, before having a Blitzer fall down when trying to sprint to the beastman beside the ball.
N2: Said Beastman picks up the ball and runs it back to the center of the Blurbs' backfield. The Orcs hold better this time, with lots of pushes.
O2: The orcs break the right-hand side of the line, and manage to get a blitzer and a lineman on the ballcarrier, who goes down. A couple of men on the line also go down, but most stay upright.
N3: The beastmen push the orcs back off the ball on the ground, and manage to get it a couple of steps away from them. The now-routine fight on the line sees an orc go down, but then a rotter running back to guard the ball manages to drop.
O3: The orcs break the left side of the line this time, to peel two linemen back to get to the beastman with the ball. Sadly, they get only a push.
N4: The beastman turns and runs back to the side he started on, looking for room. The push war on the line continues.
O4: The orcs knock the ballcarrier down, leading to the fans throwing the ball back into the Blubs' side of the field.
N5: The Blubs', out of rerolls, get a attacker down-both down roll against a Blitzer.
O5: The Blitzer gleefully picks the ball up and runs it in.
N6: Both teams get a reroll from Brilliant Coaching. The orcs take a beating on the line, with four down plus a KO.
O6: The scent of the Blubs finally gets to the Orcs. Three different orcs refuse to block. Only a couple of Rotters fall.
N7: A rotter goes to run, neglecting to notice the orc standing beside him. The orc obliges by sticking his leg between the Rotters'.
O7: Just in case, the orcs back up in a prevent defense.
N8: Accepting scoring is out of the question, the Blubs push some orcs around.
O8: Trying too hard, a black orc gets ejected for a foul that did no damage.

Score at Half: Mashers 1-0 Blurbs

O9: Due to the knockout, the orcs are fielding 10 men. The Blubs blitz, getting a rotter under the ball, and making the catch. The orcs manage to knock him down, the A4 thrower picks up the ball... and falls down on the dodge out, with reroll.
N9: The rotter stands back up and retrieves the ball, and gets some support.
O10: The orcs manage to knock over the rotter again, and get the ball back into the thrower's hands. They also have an impressive run at the line of scrimmage, knocking over several rotters.
N10: The rotters give an orc a choice between -1M and -1A; he elects for -1M. Ouch. The ballcarrier gets knocked over, and a beastman again gets the ball.
O11: The orcs only manage to push the ballcarrier, but then get three men on him. They also get a couple of KOs back at the line of scrimmage.
N11: One of the three orcs blocking the ballcarrier gets knocked into the crowd. The ballcarrier dodges out and gets to within an inch of the end zone.
O12: Black orc falls trying to get beside ball carrier.
N12: Ballcarrier scores.
O13: The KOed player still doesn't recover, so the orcs are at 9 players. They manage to pick up the ball and toss it to their A4 man on the line. Some blocks are successful, but it's not a good situation, overall.
N13: Beastman knocks down ballcarrier; crowd plays toss-the-ball, it ends up near centerfield, where a beastman picks it up, tries to hand it off, and muffs it. Still, the ball now has three Blub players surrounding it.
O14: Orcs manage to get a player with the ball in his hands.
N14: Bad block ends the turn early
O15: Orcs manage to get a lineman with the ball in hand, with a couple of GFIs, that could score.
N15: Beastman blitzers ball carrier. Both down. Game will end in a tie. Sadness.
O16: Orcs try to throw the ball for a SPP, fail.
N16: Blub tries a block, attacker down.

Final: 1-1 Tie; still two undefeated teams left in the league.

Thoughts: This was a pretty underwhelming game. No big plays, few casualties, only two TDs. The extra rerolls I had over my opponent had a few moments of being decisive. The big turning point in the game was the blitz at the half, when I had left a flank open due to being down a player. In hindsight, I'd go with the same formation again; blitzes by players able to get to where the ball will land in that circumstance just aren't that common and, had anything else but that happened, the thrower would've been able to pick it up and toss it forward.

Sartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 08, 2011, 03:22:53 am »

Just a heads up, unless something magical happens it'll probably be around a month or so before I get a computer capable of running Blood Bowl (or even Steam) again.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 08, 2011, 07:15:37 am »

O8: Trying too hard, a black orc gets ejected for a foul that did no damage.

Ouch! Don't do that! The goal of fouls is to trade one of your low-cost players for one of his high cost players. Always assume that your fouling player will be caught.

Anyway, game's been validated. Due to how the BYEs worked out this week, that means that if Xgamer4 and Fikes can get their game in, we can move the week up again.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 19