Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 19

Author Topic: Bloodbowl: LE - Season 2 - Morg's Meat Mashers Wins!  (Read 21610 times)

DMBlackhart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bloodbowl: LE - Season 2 - Week 2!
« Reply #105 on: June 18, 2011, 11:16:45 pm »

Lo and behold, it has been done. His will has been wrought, and the time of passing has come.

In normal speak, I got my explicative handed to me by Sartain. Everything was going well *

* Meaning I had the most horrible of luck (although sartain only faired slightly better) and ended up being trumped 2 - 0.

Finally however, on turn 15, I got a lucky play in and made a SINGLE touchdown. Final score 2 - 1, Sartain v. Me.

All in all VERY fun match, if not horribly frustrating.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 19, 2011, 09:09:27 am »

Matches have been validated.

SquidBub vs Flat Eric has been set at 2-0.

Week 2 Ends.

Week 3:

ndkid - Orc - Morg's Meat Mashers vs DMBlackhart - Undead - Blackhart's Blighters
Magentawolf - Chaos - The Ides of Khaos vs Fikes - Skaven - Dah Fikeseas
Sartain - Lizardmen - Black Pyramid Spawnlings vs AlStar - Goblin - Giving the Boot
Vherid - Human - Brooklyn Brawlers vs Cthulhu - Nurgle - Squid's Blubs
Xgamer4 - Dark Elf - X's Deathbringers vs Flat Eric - Elf - Blacktoof Co (BYE)

Sartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bloodbowl: LE - Season 2 - Week 3!
« Reply #107 on: June 19, 2011, 09:34:48 am »

I liked how we had like 8 or 9 failed pickups, including rerolls, in that match.
That ball was damn slippery.

I also liked how my skinks managed to KO 2 wights :)

As for match planning, looks like if I'm to have any chance of meeting with all you "across-the-pond" people we're talking playing weekends.
Which is great since my next 2 saturdays are pretty much booked up  ::)

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 19, 2011, 04:03:07 pm »

Week 3:
ndkid - Orc - Morg's Meat Mashers vs DMBlackhart - Undead - Blackhart's Blighters
I've written DMBlackhart; I work at Origins, and won't have my computer, so if I don't fit the match in by Tuesday night, I won't be able to fit it in until next Monday, probably.

DMBlackhart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 19, 2011, 05:25:51 pm »

Tuesday should be good Nkid. No promises though.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 20, 2011, 09:44:40 am »

Sartain - Lizardmen - Black Pyramid Spawnlings vs AlStar - Goblin - Giving the Boot

Giving the Boot defeats the Black Pyramid Spawnlings in a brutal 2-1 game.

Casualties were high this game - one skink and one lizard were killed, the Krox was SI'd, and a skink was BH. Two goblins were SI'd (niggle and -ST).

Play started with the Boot receiving, and I decided to throw in all the tricks - fanatic, chainsaw and bomber.

Sartain set up VERY aggressively - all but two skinks on the front lines. I was about to show him why that's a bad idea against goblins when my chainsaw, as my first move of the turn, rolled a 1, re-rolled a 1 and promptly stunned himself.

The Spawnlings, seeing this as the mark of a weak team, started pushing forwards... until a both down result between a lizard and a goblin killed the lizard, leaving the gobo merely knocked down.

The ball was picked up by the pogo’er and moved forward, while elsewhere chaos reigned – the fanatic pushed huge lizards around like they were nothing, while the bomber’s first attempt at a throw fell far short, exploding in his hands and knocking him down.

In a move that showed true… something… the Spawnlings dodge their Krox (who, it may be noted, doesn’t have break tackle) away from the fanatic and plow into the cage surrounding the ball carrier. They got their needed 6 without a reroll, although the Krox was unable to actually hurt anything, he did get a tackle zone on the ball.

However, this left him right next to the chainsaw, who, on the Boot’s turn, got up and sliced a giant gash in the Krox, SI’ing him with broken ribs.

After that, a combination of the fanatic and the trolls kept the remaining lizards in check. A couple of bombs were thrown, but never managed more damage then to knock down a couple of lizards.

Late in the 1st, however, two goblins are SI’d. This doesn’t affect the team now, but becomes fairly huge in the 2nd.

On the final turn, the pogo’er scores 1-0.

Start of the 2nd and all of the fancy tricks are sent off the field, leaving only 8 players to the Spawnlings 10.

The lizards move forward quickly, and although it’s not a sure thing (an open cage allows a 1d block on the ball carrier, and after that 1d block fails to take him down, the player needed 2 GFIs to score… which he did, although a RR was needed on GFI number 2) the game is tied 1-1.

Kick off to the Boot. More violence as a skink is killed and another is BH.  The pogo’er moves the ball up, but is beset by two lizards. He makes a handoff to a gobbo. The gobbo gives the thumbs up to the troll next to him, and is flung down the field. Surprisingly, none of this requires a reroll, and the goblin lands safely on his feet and quickly scampers far enough away so that no lizards can hit him.

Some stalling, and the score is walked in 2-1, Giving the Boot wins!

Good game Sartain, I mangled your team but good and you managed to not rage too hard while it was happening.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 22, 2011, 10:03:00 am »

I'm trying to get a hold of Vherid but a storm last night messed up my internet and I don't know if I'll be able to play even if I can talk to him.
Shoes...

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 23, 2011, 04:54:07 pm »

Looks like MagentaWolf and I should be able to play tonight or tomorrow. I'll be out of town for the weekend, so hopefully we can get our game in straight away.

Magentawolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 23, 2011, 05:34:13 pm »

Yep, I'm Magentawolf (strange, that) on Steam, and I'm available any time tonight. I'll try poking at you through the group. :)

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 23, 2011, 05:49:46 pm »

I am [oo]No Skill on Steam. I'll be home in an hour or so.

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 23, 2011, 08:19:07 pm »

Should update the kills, Fikeseas got a kill on me in last week's match, also just finished with the nurgles they won 1-0, Lots of injuries on my side, and he killed one of my guys too.

Magentawolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 23, 2011, 08:54:33 pm »

Fikeseas won, 2-1 on the last play of the match.

At the end of the first half, there were five rats KO'd on the ground, but he had spares... then four of them got up and walked it off for the second half.

One serious injury with no lasting effects for me, and a set of smashed hips and a broken neck for the rats.

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 23, 2011, 09:06:21 pm »

My rats spent more time on the ground then on their feet. It was an extremely hard fought game on both sides.

Megenta tied the game on turn 13 or so. I set up a strong right side for the kick off return and it paid off. There were simply too many skaven around to loose the ball. On the second to the last play a gutter runner was in the perfect position to score, but failed a hand off. Next turn he managed to pick the ball up and run it in.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 23, 2011, 09:28:03 pm »

I've validated both games.

We're now just waiting for Morg's vs Blackhart's.

DMBlackhart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 24, 2011, 06:12:40 pm »

Sorry, been trying to get ahold of Nkid. He doesn't seem to be online much.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 19