Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Frozen Synapse  (Read 5909 times)

rhesusmacabre

• Bay Watcher
  • UNDEAD-CANNOT BE ATTACKED
    • View Profile
Re: Frozen Synapse
« Reply #75 on: March 24, 2013, 04:24:06 am »

Is that the one with the single long turn?

If I remember correctly it's the same each time you play, so if you let it run and make a note of the time the enemy shapes reach particular positions you can set up a series of ambushes using the time delay.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 24, 2013, 04:45:35 am »

Nope, it has quite a few turns.  Second part of the first mission where you work with the Nin.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 28, 2013, 02:43:57 am »

Nope, it has quite a few turns.  Second part of the first mission where you work with the Nin.

That one is insane, but I think I can help.  Duck your rockets under the long window at the top and have them quickly pop out of cover to fire at the start of each turn.  This leaves you with three soldiers for three doors.  If the enemy sets so much as a foot inside the lift you immediately lose, so you need to position the shotgunners to cover the approach to the door.  Ignore the lower-left door unless you see someone heading for it, and put one shotgunner at each remaining door.  Your rifleman is pretty useless; if he defends the inside he'll get shotgunned, if he shoots out he'll get sniped.  Use him as you will, and don't give up if he dies.

There are no perfect solutions, unfortunately.  Nowhere on your lift is 100% safe, but there are two good spots to cover the doors: ducked on the far left side of the upper window (so that your soldier is covering the right side door and out of sight of all windows), and in between the two walls on the left side, covering one door or the other.  Use your rockets as offense and your other soldiers as defense, and be prepared to get creative if the enemy gets up to the lift's walls.  There's no law you need to stay inside the lift but leaving usually results in death.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 28, 2013, 05:10:09 pm »

Oh!  This game ... yeah, I kind of forgot about it when I got stuck too. 

The one round with the single long turn and the maze was a pain in the ass, but I did somehow get past it. 

Now I'm stuck on the round where you control Nix (I think?) and you have to get him to the right side past these 4 snipers and there's only a bunch of half cover around. 

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 29, 2013, 12:37:15 am »

If you duck behind cover they can't shoot you.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 29, 2013, 08:59:01 am »

If you duck behind cover they can't shoot you.
Yes, I know, but getting from cover to cover is ... tricky. 

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 29, 2013, 09:22:35 am »

Oh, you don't want to even bother trying that.  Get to the rightmost point where you're still covered by the initial waist high bits and remain ducked down there.  Don't move Nix any further until the snipers have been taken care of by getting a unit into the lower glowing area.  You'll need to do this by the start of turn 8 in order to allow Nix enough time to cross the room.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 29, 2013, 11:17:10 am »

Oh, you don't want to even bother trying that.  Get to the rightmost point where you're still covered by the initial waist high bits and remain ducked down there.  Don't move Nix any further until the snipers have been taken care of by getting a unit into the lower glowing area.  You'll need to do this by the start of turn 8 in order to allow Nix enough time to cross the room.
Yeah ... I just kind of ignored what was going on on the left side to see if I could just sneak Nix across anyway.  Oh well, guess I'll give that way another shot.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]