Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Frozen Synapse  (Read 5918 times)

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
Re: Frozen Synapse
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2011, 03:51:55 pm »

Finding it very hard though :D

Heh, I lost twice on the first mission last night.  Inconceivable!  :)
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2011, 03:54:06 pm »

I haven't even beaten the first mission yet, everyone knows assault rifle > shotgun :(

chewie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2011, 04:56:10 pm »

everyone knows assault rifle > shotgun :(
Not true. As long as the MG doesn't stand around in open spaces the shotgun will be able to sneak close to it and take it out. And since most of the single player missions are "light", you should be able to find cover for your unit for almost each possible scenario.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2011, 05:11:35 pm »

Humm... :/ It is just sitting there. Saying Requesting new account.

Gimhalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2011, 05:33:38 pm »

Humm... :/ It is just sitting there. Saying Requesting new account.

Their servers have a really heavy load right now. If it doesn't work in 20 seconds just exit and try again. It took me a second time to get it to work.

Alehkhs

• Bay Watcher
  • The Sorrow of Poets
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2011, 07:27:10 pm »

Well shit, I guess I'll throw my hat into the beggers' circle, as I'll be dropping my money on a much needed new computer within the week.

So if anyone has an extra copy, let me know.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2011, 09:34:57 pm »

I suppose if after everybody who has asked has gotten  a copy I wouldn't mind getting something for free =p Put me at the bottom of the priority list, it's not going to kill me if I don't get the game, and there's plenty people here would want it more and might even enjoy it more than I.

If you still want to give me a copy just send me a PM.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2011, 10:20:33 pm »

I keep popping in here to see if anyone posted about how they like the game, since it sadly lacks a demo - but all I find are people asking to be given a copy.

:o

I'll probably be waiting until they either release a demo or drop the price a bit. Not really in the mood to pay $20 for a game that I don't even know if I'll like.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2011, 10:32:48 pm »

Yeah, 20 bucks is a little high for a game like this.  I'd put myself up for one of the extras but I have this thing called self-respect.

:|
Shoes...

Alehkhs

• Bay Watcher
  • The Sorrow of Poets
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2011, 11:04:01 pm »

Yeah, 20 bucks is a little high for a game like this.  I'd put myself up for one of the extras but I have this thing called self-respect.

:|

Hey, if they're giving out two copies to everyone who buys one, the extras need to go to someone.

I'd split with someone if there were some system for that.

Gimhalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2011, 11:14:41 pm »

I keep popping in here to see if anyone posted about how they like the game, since it sadly lacks a demo - but all I find are people asking to be given a copy.

I'll probably be waiting until they either release a demo or drop the price a bit. Not really in the mood to pay $20 for a game that I don't even know if I'll like.

I like it. The WTF review gives a good idea of what the game's really like.

It seems like most of the strategy revolves around having a contingency plan for everything you think your opponent could do, i.e. don't leave any open spots and use your guys in the right spot. It's a highly tactical and pretty difficult game though. I haven't gotten owned this much in a tactical game since jagged alliance 2. Accept now when I lose I feel stupid instead of just feeling cheated.

It's also worth noting there were almost 1000 people on multiplayer earlier, so there will be plenty of people to game with for a while.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2011, 11:41:26 pm »

I like the game. Maybe not 20 bucks worth. But just maybe 10 bucks worth.

It can be hard though.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2011, 12:41:03 am »

We are thinking the same thought.

I looked at this thread a few hours ago, and looked at the way they were selling it, and thought about exactly how much I've played UFO:TTS multiplayer (not at all) and the last time I played UFO2000 (years ago, and then only for something like 3 days), among other things. I decided there was almost certainly no reason to waste money on this.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

noah22223

• Bay Watcher
  • No. you fucking lose.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 28, 2011, 01:06:49 am »

I am in need of this game, yet I lack the neccesary funds.
Care to donate an extra?
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198025388193
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWTFG3J1CP8
So I'm a Depressing Jesus Wizard being stalked by Satan Lights, and my home's wiring is going bad?
Goddammit.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 28, 2011, 01:10:52 am »

Oh man, a sassy AI.  They're really breaking new ground with this characterization.
Shoes...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6