Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: If Dwarves(God Forbid) had acess to the internet  (Read 10602 times)

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
Re: If Dwarves(God Forbid) had acess to the internet
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2011, 03:44:05 am »

Dwarf hacking...

Farmerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2011, 04:50:49 am »

Brain hurts.

Dwarves with internet.

Too many absurd and/or catastrophic scenarios present to contemplate.
How did I miss the existence of this thread?
(Don't attempt to answer that.  Down that path lies ... well I was going to say madness but you all run towards madness as if it was made from chocolate and puppies.  Just forget I said anything.)

Befenismor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2011, 08:29:20 am »

Dwarfs will have access to the internet in version .99.99, when even Toady cannot push the game further. They will then discover the Bay12 Games website, creating an infinitely recursive chain of realities that will eventually reach critical mass and coalesce into DF 1.0, emerging from their web-based cocoon like some kind of meme-encrusted chrysalis.

Wait, are you implying toady will ever finish this game? LOL
1024: You brag about your golden goblin ejaculator.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2011, 11:01:27 am »

There will never be a "final version" of DF. There will only be version ∞.∞.∞.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Urk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2011, 02:27:42 pm »

I think there is 10 different kinds of dwarfs, those who understand binary and those who don't.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2011, 04:47:22 am »

When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!

PlainTextMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Babbler
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2011, 05:33:57 am »

Urist McCheesemaker's Facebook.
Status update
12:34
I just totally got promoted, gents. You're looking at the newest Miner to the society!
AWWWW YEEEAAAH
13:04
Got a new mission and debrief. Got to mine this section out.
13:06
With a pick, I mine my way to glory.
13:07
Last block. Why is the wall warm?
13:08
MAGMA! ARGH!
7 dwarves liked this.

Hahahahaha!

Waterfalls
435,106,932 dwarves liked this

or

Thikot McCitizen
Stricken by melancholy!
Thikot McCitizen has been miserable lately. He has found out his online girlfriend is actually a Nigerian Kobold guy recently. He has forgotten an account password as of late. His identity has been stolen by a goblin master thief hacker recently. He has hit is monthly bandwidth cap recently. He was unable to order booze from a different fort recently.

or

Things you need to stop tweeting about:
(http://theoatmeal.com/comics/twitter_stop)

#1 What you are eating: This *forgotten beast spleen roast* is decadent!
#2 Social media: It's all about party and instant messaging until you get legendary, drunks!
#3 The conference or event you're at: Minkot and Urdim's wedding reception at =pig tail fiber rope= rocks.
#4 Twitter itself: Posting this is my daily happy though. Teh internetz iz awesum.
#5 Your workout: (Urist McLegendarySoldier) Just pwnd three n00bs down the stairwell in sparring today. Think I'm leveling up another stat...
#6 Your pet or kids, cause their just an overglorified tamagochi to everyone else. Then again, that's not far from the truth for you either.
#7 Speaking out of context: *has gone stark raving mad!* *babbles senselessly on twitter!*
#8 Dailybooth photos: I love my extremely concave nose bridge, eliptical thin copper irises and greasy long hair arranged in double braids.
#9 Emotional breakthroughs: I lost all my family today. Then came this new dining room. Oh the healing to my soul I can't describe! *sob*
#10 The number of followers you have: Wooo 6 followers! That's the rest of the fort! Wait... 4 of them are dead already, but thanks for sticking on my list anyway, guys! (think the bug in the past with dead militia not being removed from squads)

So that's my share of silliness for the day...  :P
Quote from: Loud Whispers link=topic=95349.0
5. You haz rage and you must punch things, but you haz no arms. Pray to ARMOK - Dwarf Mantra
This is an exceptional Post, well crafted with paragraphs and encrusted with attempted punctuation, bad non-native-English-speaker glitches. May exhibit great insight and/or stupidity.
Quote from: Aramco link=topic=81421.msg2149268#msg2149268
I hate English. It may be my first language, but I hate it. It doesn't make any sense.

Farmerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2011, 06:13:07 am »

I'm just imagining Charlie Sheen as a dwarf.  I think it works.  He was obviously unable to find something he needed to create an artifact.
(Don't attempt to answer that.  Down that path lies ... well I was going to say madness but you all run towards madness as if it was made from chocolate and puppies.  Just forget I said anything.)

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 04, 2011, 06:57:39 am »

Urist McIdiot: Hey guys, I downloaded a file called "free booze, totally not trap from a goblin civ.exe"! Let's check it out.

*1 boot up later*

Huh? It says "Fort location and crap sent to Dark Tower at the Green Grasslands."
I hope my booze will arrive soon!
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 04, 2011, 08:50:40 am »

I'm just imagining Charlie Sheen as a dwarf.  I think it works.  He was obviously unable to find something he needed to create an artifact.
This will be sigged.
(If its okay ith you)
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Farmerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 04, 2011, 01:00:24 pm »

This will be sigged.
(If its okay ith you)

Lol feel free :)

Audioworm333

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: weirdness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 04, 2011, 07:49:42 pm »

Dwarves with the internet...

"Urist McInternet has been very unhappy lately. He got a computer virus recently. He got scammed on an MMORPG lately."
I didn't really understand why I died until I discovered I was teleporting my own spine into my enemies' body as a primary way of attack.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 04, 2011, 08:36:22 pm »

I can imagine a new fps
Urist McGame Designer has withdrawn from society
Urist McGameDesigner began a mysterious construction
Urist McGameDesigner has created:

Team Dwarf Fortress 2
 The game menaces with spikes of hats, engraved on the cover is an image of a Dwarven Demoman placing bombs near the spawn point, a Golbin Scout , and Rainbows
The Goblin Scout is crying.
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Audioworm333

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: weirdness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 04, 2011, 08:44:16 pm »

I can imagine a new fps
Urist McGame Designer has withdrawn from society
Urist McGameDesigner began a mysterious construction
Urist McGameDesigner has created:

Team Dwarf Fortress 2
 The game menaces with spikes of hats, engraved on the cover is an image of a Dwarven Demoman placing bombs near the spawn point, a Golbin Scout , and Rainbows
The Goblin Scout is crying.

"Urist McInternet has been miserable lately. He was punished by Urist McGameDesigner for using idling software on TDF2 recently."
I didn't really understand why I died until I discovered I was teleporting my own spine into my enemies' body as a primary way of attack.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 05, 2011, 03:58:20 am »

"Urist McFairPlayer has been happy lately. He was awarded a 'Cheater's Lament' recently. He found a hat recently. He won a game recently."

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4