Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Raw cotton candy  (Read 3515 times)

nanomage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Raw cotton candy
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2011, 05:50:37 am »

You do realize that once you strike the Adamantine your dwarfs will only request that for strange moods. Hope you got enough of it to make it worth your time and efforts and dwarfs.

Never heard of this - is it true?

Me neither - I've had adamantine for ages and it seems that my dwarfs have a thing for llama wool and gabbro instead.

Sometimes a moody smith explicitly states he needs "adamantine wafers". However i think it can happen any time no matter if you have it or not. Also, they seem to continue to use other metal bars sometimes despite there being wafers lying around.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2011, 06:42:38 am »

I've never had a mooder demand adamantine if I don't have it and I've had mooders demand other things when I have adamantine. I guess it's just that when you discover it it is added to the list of 'moodable' materials.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2011, 07:18:00 am »

I think he meant that the dorfs will always require adamantine when requiring a metal.

At least as a base component, after mining some I have never had any other metal as a base metal in moods.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Chessrook44

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2011, 10:23:25 am »

You do realize that once you strike the Adamantine your dwarfs will only request that for strange moods. Hope you got enough of it to make it worth your time and efforts and dwarfs.

Never heard of this - is it true?

Me neither - I've had adamantine for ages and it seems that my dwarfs have a thing for llama wool and gabbro instead.
Never happened to me either.  Then again, I JUST started the actual mining process...

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2011, 11:05:55 am »

All of my metalworking moods have had adamantine as their base item since I've refined it, but other moods haven't. In addition, for parts other than the base item, other metals will be accepted, even for metalworking moods. I'm not sure if adamantine wafers are actually considered "metal bars" as such, since I've not had anyone take adamantine for a decoration, though that could just be due to the fact that all my hundreds of metals are in one stockpile.
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2011, 02:40:24 pm »

All of my metalworking moods have had adamantine as their base item since I've refined it, but other moods haven't. In addition, for parts other than the base item, other metals will be accepted, even for metalworking moods. I'm not sure if adamantine wafers are actually considered "metal bars" as such, since I've not had anyone take adamantine for a decoration, though that could just be due to the fact that all my hundreds of metals are in one stockpile.

This. My posessed metalworker made a funobtanium flask decorated with funobtanium. The rest of them make stuff like rock grates decorated with gems.

If you manage to mine a whole level of funobtanium spire, and there is no hole in it, levels above should be perfectly safe to mine. Uhm, probably.
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral
Pages: 1 [2]