Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Cleaning thyself toward ... Doom!!  (Read 561 times)

vorpal+5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Cleaning thyself toward ... Doom!!
« on: May 26, 2011, 01:43:13 pm »

hail,

I have an invasion that has begun, and one of my soldier had the good idea to decide to clean himself to the river. How can I stop him from walking to his doom, because cleaning will become a blood bath if I don't stop him.

Any idea? 

Marthnn

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything's possible
    • View Profile
Re: Cleaning thyself toward ... Doom!!
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2011, 01:52:18 pm »

Set (o)rders  =>  Activity (z)one orders  =>  Zone-only (d)rinking
Your dwarves shouldn't clean themselves in random water puddles.

(j)ob list  =>  find the clean job, and (r)emove it
The soldier should stop it. At least I hope it is a removable job...

Also, why is it going to be a bloodbath? The invaders are close to the river and he's untrained?

Edit : you can also remove him from military, or delete his current scheduled order and cancel any move/kill orders. He will become civilian and run from any threat. Watch out if you remove him from military, he will store his equipment.

Or put him in a burrow that does not include the river.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 01:55:36 pm by Marthnn »
Marthnn likes obsidian, steel, star ruby, goblin-cap wood, the color bloody red and giant desert scorpions for their tails. When possible, he prefers to consume sunshine. He absolutely detests cave blobs.

A dwarf wants to heal.  A dwarf is motivated to heal.  A dwarf is, by Armok, going to heal or die trying!  Because if he doesn't heal, he doesn't get alcohol.

nordak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2011, 01:57:31 pm »

I think he said "INVASION".  I think that means that he has a large seige, even the best will tire to death... Adamantine armor only goes so far...
Exerpt from townbrush.txt by Internet Kraken:

"Nobody wants to live in Townbrush, and for good reason. Almost everyone that has come to Townbrush has been eaten, stabbed, crushed, drowned, hacked, incinerated, or beaten to death with an octopre skin backpack. When we're not under siege, we're being attacked by Forgotten Beasts. And when we're not being attacked by Forgotten Beasts, there's probably a zombie whale crushing someone to death in the dining room."

Marthnn

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything's possible
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2011, 02:01:15 pm »

I guess if there are ogres, he might get pushed around too much to decapitate several squad leaders and send the rest running.
Marthnn likes obsidian, steel, star ruby, goblin-cap wood, the color bloody red and giant desert scorpions for their tails. When possible, he prefers to consume sunshine. He absolutely detests cave blobs.

A dwarf wants to heal.  A dwarf is motivated to heal.  A dwarf is, by Armok, going to heal or die trying!  Because if he doesn't heal, he doesn't get alcohol.

vorpal+5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2011, 12:18:48 am »

thanks for the tip guys, I switched out then in of the military and it worked.