Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14

Author Topic: Wallslaughters - Sucession Fort [31.25] sign-up thread  (Read 18663 times)

diamondwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wallslaughters - Sucession Fort [31.25] sign-up thread
« Reply #165 on: June 28, 2011, 06:23:50 am »

If it is not a problem, it is not a problem.

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 28, 2011, 10:05:27 am »

Unless it becomes a problem. *Throws Nuka Grenade*
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 29, 2011, 12:19:32 am »

And I'm done. Save's here.
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

andyman564

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 29, 2011, 09:27:56 pm »

Awsome, sent the PM out to goge, though he hasn't been on in a month... i'll still wait the three days (just in case)
Yeah.  Thus why I didn't make a trap.  In it's current state the fortress didn't need a trap, the whole damn fortress is a trap.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #169 on: June 30, 2011, 02:40:55 pm »

Why do people sign up for succession games and then disappear?
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

goukaryuujin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: June 30, 2011, 02:46:32 pm »

Why do people sign up for succession games and then disappear?

Tis the way of baytwelvers, for we are a mysterious bunch.
My wife, on the other hand, is sitting right next to me on her own computer playing DF, and her worldgens and embarks yield copious amounts of flux and iron. Armok likes her best.
Ok I stuffed up some how... I have Forgotten beasts and Mosswines as a Hostile Civ...

andyman564

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 02, 2011, 07:56:21 pm »

goge has been skipped, hopefully Sir Leonard will get this moving again.
Yeah.  Thus why I didn't make a trap.  In it's current state the fortress didn't need a trap, the whole damn fortress is a trap.

andyman564

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 05, 2011, 10:24:35 pm »

no response from Sir Leonard, has been skipped.

notified PTTG?? of his turn.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 06, 2011, 12:57:47 am »

OK, lemme show you how you do a succession game. Everybody take notes.

Quote from: From the Journal of an unknown overseer
Ah! What a wonderful day!

It's been a long journey, but we are almost to the end of our weary road. As I write this, we are soon to enter the territory of the fortress Laughterwalls, or perhaps it was the walls of laughter. I can't quite remember the exact name, but I've seen it written out and am certain it is something to do with laughter and walls.

I can just imagine the cheery sounds of dwarves laughing as the work so industriously in the halls, surrounded by the vast walls of secure stone.

There I have been sent to oversee the operations and expansion of, oh, I'll look it up- ah yes, Wallslaughter. Ha ha! The way it's written here, it could almost be- he he- I'll ask them if they butcher the walls for meat!
Oh, how droll. Surely that will add some laughter to those walls!

-The next day-
Oh dear.

Oh dear, oh dear.

andyman564

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 06, 2011, 02:52:23 pm »

looking forward to reading your year!

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: July 06, 2011, 03:23:46 pm »

I'll ask them if they butcher the walls for meat!
Never heard that one before.
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 11, 2011, 07:48:11 pm »

I'm not dead!

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: July 11, 2011, 11:21:59 pm »

How we got past the goblin siege, I'll never know, but no sooner was I within the compound than did my guards turn around and take the same way out.

I rather wish I could have gone with them. I suspect that there has been some terrible mistake. I'm sure the king would never have intentionally sent me here. Why, he said my charitachures were quite insigtful.

I suppose I must make the best of things.

You know, walking around the fortress, I've found a few places were a little work would really brighten the area. For instance, the north wall of the dining hall is dotted with blank spots on the stone. I ordered some smoothing done. Looking at the plans, it appears that this is designed to be a massive internal waterfall. Well, I'm no hydraulic engineer, but I'll see if I can get this working.

As for the invaders on the surface, I've ordered a thourough check of all surface accessways. Hmm... most of these upper tunnels seem to be dug in just the raw soil. We may need to seal off these chambers entirely; they're disused as it is.

Peh, these dogs are everywhere. I'll ask someone to put them away safely.

-----

Found some miners sitting around making gears out of rock, instead of holes out of rock. I told them to stop wasting time. "Aye, I'll get right on it sir, as soon as my break is over."

-----

To shut up the constant complaints about not having fresh water for cleaning patients, I ordered a well room cleared out over the underground lake.

-----

What did they do with all the dogs? Not that I'm complaining, my alergies were really getting to me for a while there. I supppose they must be kenneled down in one of the deeper chambers.

-----

Well, we have dozens of leversm and none of them are labled. This will be interesting. I suppose I'll have to order mechanics to very, very carefully pull them, one at a time. I might put that off for the moment.

-----

Hmm... We seem to have more meat than we anticipated. I must have missed a shipment on the stockpile records. Aside from the meat, our current food stockpiles have lye and venom stored in there too, for some reason. I've declared a properly designed food storage room.

-----

One of the mechanics- Zuglar Swelterflags- started wandering around talking about currents- or maybe currants- in metal and how he could harness lightning for something or the other. I told him it's not much use to harness lightning unless you're trying to go from a cloud to the ground, but he wasn't listening. He's been gathering copper and rock salt and just now ran into the mechanics' workshop.

-----

Zuglar finished his strange mechanism. He calls it The Shell of Flight. It has a goblin face carved on one end, and the copper he worked into it looks a spitting image of Dumat, the legendary general. I told him we'll put it in a crossbow trap and launch some bolts into flight, right into the armor shells of the invading goblins. He looked at me oddly for a moment, then walked away muttering. He's a strange one alright.

-----

I keep finding piles of rotting meat cached away throughout the fortress. Just as one of the haulers dropped off another load of miasmatic tripe, I asked him why he put it there, and he told me it was a garbage pit. "In the center of the main hall?" I asked. He responded that it's been that way for more than a year. I made a note of these old "garbage pits"- I'll have to have signs put up.

-----

I checked out at the surface through a spy-hole. As far as I can see, all the goblins are gone for the moment, apparently eaten by giant badgers. The civilians say we are still sieged, and I'm not particularly willing to test that. Meanwhile, down in the caves, there's an enourmous crab wandering around, excreting some kind of poisonus vapor. Luckilly, I believe that all cave access has been safely sealed. I think.

-----

I asked one of the animal caretakers how the dogs are being served with the new arrangements. He said "It's a stew tonight". I'm not entirely sure what he meant by that. The Dwarves here are a little bit odd.

-----

It's summer!

The Baron started screaming about how he was locked in his chambers the other day. I figured we'd let him out when he calmed down. We'll see when he feels better.

-----

Found out that the lever over there controls a bridge that drops things down a pit... for some reason.

-----

Late summer!
There are remarkably fewer dogs in the meeting hall.

-----

The Baron said he calmed down. We were just about to let him out when he destroyed his bed and screamed that he'd hang the next dozen dwarves to permit any backpacks to leave the fortress.

-----

Dishmab the cook gave birth to a girl. Oh joy.

-----

Um. Well.
I thought the Baron was somewhat quieter than normal.
Well, we'll have to find a new one.

-----

It's Autumn.

-----

I'd been told that an armorer has stolen a workspace in the magma forge. "Magma? We have magma forges?"

Apparently, we have magma forges. They're rather impressive. By the time I made my way down there, Edzul was screaming for leather and cloth. I told him there were tons of leather, but he said he needs cloth first. I told him to take some bandages from the hospoital.

He got an odd look in his eyes and I decided it was best to leave him to his work.

Time to climb the stairs again...

-----

pant pant pant halfway up...

-----

pant pant pant... Late Autumn...

-----

OK! Made it back up.

-----

The mayor keeps saying he can't find some item of his. He won't say what it is. I asked him to describe it, and all he says is "you'll know it when you see it..."

-----

Last I heard from the forges, Edzul was on his way up the stairs to visit the hospital. Huh.

-----

I think there is a sacrificial cult of monkeys worshiping our well room.

-----

I was talking to the armorer who was working on whatever it was down in the magma forge. He said he needed cloth, leather, bones, blocks, bars of metal. I told him we had cloth. He said "Pah, that's not cloth. It's barely even rotten bandages!" I told him we had leather- he said it was only dog leather. (That must be a term for any kind of bulk leather, like pig iron) I told him we had stockpiles of bones, horns, skulls, hooves, and other miscelenea. He said it was only useful for bonemeal. I told him I'd ordered blocks of rock cut just for him. He said he'd never use microline for his project. I told him he was standing meters away from one of the largest iron stockpiles in the land. He said he wanted gold. I told him we had plenty of magma. He said "You call that magma? I wouldn't even- wait, I never mentioned magmaaaaaghhhhrrhrhggg..."

-----

Well, took a few months, but I'm finally back in the fortress proper. I hate climbing those stairs. It's apparently spring now. Also, we've all but finished the waterfall for the dining hall. I've hooked up a fine lever with that lightning mechanism to control the floodgate. Hopefully whoever follows me will make use of it. As for myself, I think it's time I head out for a while.

The SAVE.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 12:45:04 pm by PTTG?? »

Conan

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm running out of stone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: July 12, 2011, 12:05:26 am »

That story of the moody armorer was well done. However, I would think you would hear screams of pain and sounds of cooking.

andyman564

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: July 12, 2011, 12:22:26 am »

Horray! sounds like those goblins just aren't letting up  ;D kinda bummed that i tantrumed myself into oblivion... what exactly was i tantruming over?

i've notified Proficient Elf Burner of his turn.

oh and PTTG? could you please copy your entry into the journal thread OVER HERE thank you.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14