Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14

Author Topic: Wallslaughters - Sucession Fort [31.25] sign-up thread  (Read 18688 times)

diamondwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wallslaughters - Sucession Fort [31.25]
« Reply #120 on: June 12, 2011, 05:16:50 pm »

Ummm... should I start my turn?

andyman564

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 12, 2011, 06:38:23 pm »

might as well, i haven't heard any response and i want to get this moving again.

and it looks like the save has been compressed in .RAR format, there's a few (free) downloadable programs on the web that will unzip it if you don't have one already.

i suggest getting 7-zip it allows you to compress and unzip virtually every format.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 06:52:55 pm by andyman564 »
Yeah.  Thus why I didn't make a trap.  In it's current state the fortress didn't need a trap, the whole damn fortress is a trap.

Lafiel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 13, 2011, 01:10:02 pm »

((post reserved))

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 13, 2011, 04:02:28 pm »

((Post also reserved))
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

andyman564

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 13, 2011, 08:23:50 pm »

((Post also reserved))

oh, i wasn't aware that you wanted a turn, if so i'll add you to the end of the list.

and once again, as a reminder to all future maniacal friendly overseers,  please post all journal entries in the Wallslaughters journal thread LOCATED HERE

there is also a link to this thread in the opening post.

i also ask that journal entries be kept in chronological order.
Yeah.  Thus why I didn't make a trap.  In it's current state the fortress didn't need a trap, the whole damn fortress is a trap.

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
Re: Wallslaughters - Sucession Fort [31.25] sign-up thread
« Reply #125 on: June 13, 2011, 09:01:29 pm »

...WHAT.
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

andyman564

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 13, 2011, 09:41:45 pm »

well why did you reserve a post then? ???

wow, i feel stupid now...
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 10:54:15 pm by andyman564 »

diamondwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 13, 2011, 10:54:33 pm »

I am going to have to restart. Dwarf fortress just crashed, and corrupted the save.

This is what I had thus far. It is pretty rough, I was just trying to get the events down before I embellished any. Hopefully I will correct the errors in the next try.

For the Journals of the Diamond Wolf:

1st Granite, 130

I hear them; the sounds of war. The sounds of death. My blade thirsts for blood, for the destruction of our enemies. But instead of war, we hunker in our little hole in the ground. The great civilization of the dwarves is dead. We are under the control of elves. And yet we do not fight, we merely survive. How far we have fallen. And as of today, this despicable little anthill of ours is under my control. Oh how the elven cowards will pay. But first I must make an assessment of the current state of my new realm.

The bedrooms are despicable, but the stores are good. Yet the biggest problem is that there is no way to bring the magma to the surface, thus forbidding the ultimate joy of dwarven kind, magma weapons. Since I do not have a good chance of bringing the magma to the surface using pumps within my limited reign, I must build a magma piston. I may not have time to utilize it, but by Amrok it will be ready to use for future rulers.

Oh, and there are a couple trolls outside. I will take care of that… if I can find the freaking lever for the main door.

2nd Granite, 130

The good news is that I found the lever; the bad news is that there are four of them. I will have to pull one with no grantee of what it will do. I believe that it is the one that has been pulled… we will see.

9th Granite, 130

A goblin group attacked right before we reached the trolls. One dead, one broken arm, and one broken hand. Some recuperation will be in order. On the bright side all the goblins were killed and I managed to slay one of the trolls, practically single handedly.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

10th Granite, 130

After disabling the trolls movements the rest of the soldiers wandered back inside to sleep. Sadistic bastards.

Note: For some reason the soldiers don’t seem to be receptive to commands.

15th Granite, 130

Mistem Avuzgisek, Armorer has been taken by a fey mood. Hopefully he will craft me some new armor.

2nd Slate, 130
I finally went up and finished off the trolls personally. Unfortunately I appear to have forgotten my sword and ended up just beating them in the head… to death. Only one left.
I also claimed the title “troll slayer”.

Oh, and some dwarf by the name of Avuz Gusilakil, Craftdwarf got injured as I put the trolls down. He is now crawling around the fort pitifully pawing at things that need to be moved. Poor bastard.

5th Slate, 130

I have officially given into the blood lust of battle, ordering the rest of the army back I began a savage assault on the last remaining troll. I have been beating for days, its body has become broken and mangled. Its eyes plead for mercy, but there has been too much lost to give it. I will make it suffer as Avuz suffers. I will make it beg for death. Only then will I allow it to claim death.

(ooc: my little avatar has been beating this thing senseless, and he won’t stop. There are literally a hundred pages of me punching it in the head.)

9th Slate, 130

The army came today and pulled me away from the troll. Then the militia commander smashed its head in, finally ending its suffering. They look at me like I am a monster. I am.

Somehow the archer squad got glitched up and I had to disband it. On the plus side, its new name is the Untamed Volcanoes.

14th Slate, 130

Mistem finally completed his project. I wonder what it could be…

Damn it. A single silver boot.

goblinmarine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 14, 2011, 08:35:53 am »

Sorry for not responding guys.
I was out of town getting married this weekend and figured my turn wouldn't be until this week.
Lafiel is just too good at these things :P
If it's possible I'd like to be added back to the end of the list, but I understand if being skipped disqualifies me. I'll still be watching this game unfold.

diamondwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 14, 2011, 08:58:35 am »

Due to my technical difficulties (dwarf fortress crashing and messing up the save) I am restarting my turn. I could salvage the save, but it is beyond buggy if I do. That said I am not against letting goblinmarine take a turn if he likes, or how ever you wish to arrange it.

andyman564

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 14, 2011, 05:18:56 pm »

seeing as diamondwolf isn't against the idea, i'll allow goblinmarine to take his turn if he so chooses. ( i know what the rules say, i typed them! but i'll make an exception here)
I was out of town getting married this weekend and figured my turn wouldn't be until this week.
and CONGRATULATIONS!

Due to my technical difficulties (dwarf fortress crashing and messing up the save) I am restarting my turn. I could salvage the save, but it is beyond buggy if I do.

ouch, too bad about the save, at least you didn't get too far into your turn. (IIRC one of the syrupleaf players lost pretty much an entire year to save corruption)

diamondwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 14, 2011, 09:24:06 pm »

I am going to continue ahead with my turn. I can't seem to break the siege without the game crashing, so instead I am going to organize the base a little, because the dwarves seem to tantrum spiral every time someone dies, I am going to make them happy.

EDIT: Killed off trolls, goblins haven't "ambushed" yet so the siege is still in effect for some reason. So there is that... and my first choice for a character drowned to death in a murky pool so I had to choose another.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 10:34:34 pm by diamondwolf »

andyman564

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 14, 2011, 10:49:04 pm »

So there is that... and my first choice for a character drowned to death in a murky pool so I had to choose another.

lmao, somebody needs to dig a few ramps along the edges of those pools, we've lost almost as many dwarfs to them as we have to goblins/badgers.

@ goblinmarine, since diamondwolf decided to take his turn i've put you on the end of the list. hopefully the fort will last untill then.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 10:51:22 pm by andyman564 »

diamondwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 15, 2011, 10:36:41 pm »

Quick update. I have got the room problem down and we now have a massive dining room with a waterfall wall.

andyman564

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 16, 2011, 03:33:20 pm »

Quick update. I have got the room problem down and we now have a massive dining room with a waterfall wall.

please tell me it has an Off switch... same goes for any water reactors...
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14