Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10

Author Topic: The Army Arc Donatathon!  (Read 12182 times)

KrunkSplein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Army Arc Donatathon!
« Reply #75 on: July 01, 2008, 08:17:33 pm »

Wow, that was fast!
cool beans.  It`ll be in the mail tomorrow.

PTTG: that's just under $95 USD, if you wanted to use that to update the count.

Mullog

• Bay Watcher
  • Why do my dwarves die???
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 02, 2008, 05:34:32 am »

Another long time lurker here.
I just donated 50$ to mr Toady! Really looking forward to the next version!  :)

niltrias

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gaijinninjas.com
« Reply #77 on: July 02, 2008, 09:25:23 am »

It might be just under $95, but I think I hold the record for contributed digits.  anyone given more than 5 digits? hehe.

BTW toady, it should be easily changed at any major bank.  Just for me, I have to make an hour trip into namba, then wait in line for half an hour, then make the trip back...total 3 hours. which is basically the same amount in time as I`m donating.  I don`t have time when I`m working, and it spoils my day off if I do it then.  hence my laziness.
On the upside for me, I`m only paying about 5yen an hour for my dwarf fortress experience.  Thats pretty cheap.
And if you ever want any japanese souvenirs, let me know. 
Gero! Gero! Bwahahahaha!

sorbius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 02, 2008, 04:10:36 pm »

I just donated $40 for the month of July which I meant to do last week, oh well.  I am also going to donate another $40 when this next release comes out.
keepin' it real for atleast the last 5 minutes.

Snogmonkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 02, 2008, 09:37:28 pm »

I'll do another $25 for sure when Armies go active, and maybe donate again in the meantime if I get hooked before that time... I'm trying to avoid playing till it's significantly different, but so hard to not.. play...
quot;A man chooses, a dwarf obeys."

Andrew "Tarn" Ryan, Mid-Winter, year 1960

Makrond

• Bay Watcher
  • Like fuzzy dice, only more slicey
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 02, 2008, 10:49:01 pm »

$50 now, $50 in two weeks (when I get paid). Mostly because I want to donate $100 but can't afford it yet.

Maybe another $25 when the release comes. If I've got the money.

EDIT: that's in Aussie money, by the way. It should work out to ~$95 total.

EDIT2: Wait, no disregard that...

Damn I hate Paypal...
« Last Edit: July 04, 2008, 09:20:01 am by Makrond »
Quote from: Jusal
Darwinism? Bah! This is Dwarvinism!

revlob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://revlob.com
« Reply #81 on: July 04, 2008, 07:12:49 am »

I was introduced to DF soon after the z-axis release, and I've been hooked ever since. It's not just an incredibly fun game to play, but it's fantastic to read Toady's development log, and see the passion he has for the game. DF is unlike anything I've ever seen before; I think I can safely say it's the most intricate and involved game engine I've ever encountered.

Please, please, please continue the great work. I've never donated to the development of anything before, but I've just given $103 in support of DF.

Can't wait to see what the Army Arc has to offer!

Dwarfu

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Advisor
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 04, 2008, 11:52:12 am »

I've been around awhile, and I guess its my fault for not reading other boards other than the questions/discussion threads, so forgive me if I'm late...

Fantastic thread.  I agree with an above poster in that I've never once given anything to a game in development.  Sadly, this game in development is so far superior to most (all?) completed games that I simply have to make amends.

I have never received as much excitement and connection from reading the development posts than from actually playing a game.

Though I'm not going to donate at this time, for what it is worth, I have my own system going - everytime I waste money on another game that isn't even on my harddrive anymore, I match it into a DF holding account.  As soon as the year is up, I will donate all that to Toady & 3Toe.  I'm almost to the end of my year - I started near this time last year.  Unfortunately, I'm a picky bastard and haven't wasted too much on flops, but with all the on again/off again online games and SP games that don't last, it should still be a decent amount.

Anyways, keep this going and keep giving - this is certainly deserving.

niltrias

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gaijinninjas.com
« Reply #83 on: July 06, 2008, 09:13:39 am »

Sorry, I have to delay donation for a week...did anyone know that in japan, the ATMs get holidays off too?  I forgot about this holiday so I get to eat instant noodles for a few days until the banks come back on.  On thursday,  It`ll be sent.
Its not even a school holiday! ARRGH!
Gero! Gero! Bwahahahaha!

Kylaer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 06, 2008, 10:46:35 am »

I pledge $150+Paypal fees, to be donated on the day of release (which looks like it shouldn't be more than a couple of weeks away).

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 07, 2008, 08:32:26 pm »

Finally, a month after I made the promise, I donated.  Had to harass my employer, fight with my bank, wrangle with PayPal, and wait for July 4th to pass.

Donated $40, so after PayPal's bite, it's $35+.  Just wish I could donate more, and will donate again as I can spare it.

I don't consider it paying money to a company (of one guy) for an incomplete game that hasn't been released.  It's a cool freeware game that gets updated sometimes, made by a cool guy who I want to help out in my little way.  It'll never be "released", so I'll never wait for a release to donate.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #86 on: July 08, 2008, 05:44:24 pm »

This is looking great. The Vegas Bookers are looking at a 13th-16th July release, unless the last numeric bugs are !!!BUGS!!!. Get on the list if you haven't pledged already!
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Awayfarer

• Bay Watcher
  • Bork!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 08, 2008, 06:28:19 pm »

The woman I love donated to Bay 12 for my birthday (which is today!) Thanks hon!  :)

And thanks Toady and Threetoe for Dwarf Fortress!
--There: Indicates location or state of being.
"The ale barrel is over there. There is a dwarf in it."
--Their: Indicates possession.
"Their beer has a dwarf in it. It must taste terrible.
--They're: A contraction of the words "they are".
"They're going to pull the dwarf out of the barrel."

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 08, 2008, 06:31:38 pm »

I'd love to donate but my budget at the moment is very thin, meaning I can't be donating huge amounts all the time. But if I ever win the Hundred Million Raffle I'll be sure to donate 90 million to Toady.

Write that down somewhere.
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

evktalo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 10, 2008, 05:50:10 am »

Torak, that's what I've thought, but I figured that's pretty unlikely to happen and donated a small sum anyway.

Anyway, I miscalculated and donated 9.60$ instead of 7.75$ I promised. Heh.

--Eino

edited (still can't count)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 06:55:05 am by evktalo »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10