Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10

Author Topic: The Army Arc Donatathon!  (Read 12174 times)

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Re: The Army Arc Donatathon!
« Reply #120 on: July 19, 2008, 08:20:34 pm »

He he, yeah, I sent it all back, because I didn't know the exchange rate.  What's it, like 1 euro = 90 dollars now?
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Areyar

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecstatic about recieving his own E:4 mug recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 19, 2008, 08:32:05 pm »

1:1.6 actually, only consumer products are much pricier here, so about 2:1 in real value.
I wonder if pp will deduct the handling fees for all 3 transactions.
My images bucket for WIPs and such: link

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #122 on: July 19, 2008, 08:37:10 pm »

The fees have been refunded so far, according to them.  I'm not sure if they've hit you with anything.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

MMad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 20, 2008, 07:49:24 pm »

erm...I accidentally sent 52 Euros instead of dollars.
ow.
*Areyars finaces were struck down*
I was gonna need that to rebuild my system. :p

Heh, I very nearly did something similar. According to this thread it's customary to include the 2.9% +30 cent in the donations, so I did the math and ended up with $26.025. Feeling lazy, I just copied the sum from my calculator program to the paypal browser window and went through the motions. Looking at it now I don't see why I should have bothered with 0.25 cent, but I guess that didn't occur at the time.

Anyway, the problem was that my Windows version is Swedish, and in Sweden we use commas (,) instead of full stops (.) to seperate decimals, something most calculating programs recognize and respect. So if paypal hadn't disallowed donations past $10,000, I would have sent $26,025.
"Ask not what your fortress can do for you - ask what you can do for your fortress."
Unapologetic ASCII abolitionist.

Makrond

• Bay Watcher
  • Like fuzzy dice, only more slicey
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 21, 2008, 09:05:54 pm »

I sent $75 ($77.52 actually) in Aussie dollars... the rate is about .97:1 (AUD to USD).

Finally got Paypal working, so I'm happy now.
Quote from: Jusal
Darwinism? Bah! This is Dwarvinism!

Areyar

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecstatic about recieving his own E:4 mug recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 22, 2008, 03:34:44 pm »

MMad, you can set the decimal options reversed if you are having trouble with it.

I think in the same menu as where you set your local timezone etc under 'configuration'.

I set my keyboard to US and my preferential decimal settings to the english way.
But I have to write papers and calculate in english, plus internet-languaMagna is english so I feel it is just easier. Helpfull in excell is the option to read . as decimal even when using a language which uses the comma (keypad usually still gives . for these languages).
Annoying is when I accidentally press a mystery key somewhere on this annoying keyboard and it switches from EN-US to EN-UK layout, many special symbols are switched...such as the " key becomes @.

Still no activity at paypal.
edit: they say they have finished the transaction. Sent 52$ as intended. I bet you they are going to deduct 55E+52E+34E from my account now. XD
« Last Edit: July 23, 2008, 09:18:08 pm by Areyar »
My images bucket for WIPs and such: link

Qmarx

• Bay Watcher
  • "?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 23, 2008, 12:49:56 pm »

OK, I'm just going to mail it.  Stupid Paypal is stupid.

$10 to Toady ($2/update), whenever he gets it.

VeryBadThingsDownHere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 23, 2008, 01:19:31 pm »

Add $20.88 here, ty
Why don't you kids finish that barrel before opening a new one!?

Angellus

« Reply #128 on: July 23, 2008, 01:23:53 pm »

He he, yeah, I sent it all back, because I didn't know the exchange rate.  What's it, like 1 euro = 90 dollars now?
If only it would be that high, I'd donate 900 dollars then ;)

current rate is 0.636618 euro's for one dollar.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 23, 2008, 01:33:23 pm »

I recently got a Visa card, though I don't know if it's valid for PayPal - it says VISA on the front, but "electronic use only" on the back, so I don't get it - is it Visa Electron or not?

Anyway, if that is resolved and I get some money to spare, I'll send some 10-15$ your way, Toady.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

MMad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 23, 2008, 01:41:52 pm »

Annoying is when I accidentally press a mystery key somewhere on this annoying keyboard and it switches from EN-US to EN-UK layout, many special symbols are switched...such as the " key becomes @.

The mystery key combination is Alt+Shift, at least on my version of Windows. It's pretty annoying indeed. :)
"Ask not what your fortress can do for you - ask what you can do for your fortress."
Unapologetic ASCII abolitionist.

dreiche2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 23, 2008, 02:30:46 pm »

Hey MMad, sorry slightly off topic, but did you play Galactic Conquest for Battlefield 1942? I think I remember your name from the forums, and that you were Swedish... but not much else. I was "der kleine muck" back then. Good times.

Edit: Okay totally off-topic actually, sorry.

Reasonableman

• Bay Watcher
  • ...Probably.
    • View Profile
    • Twitter is dead, long live Cohost
« Reply #132 on: July 24, 2008, 03:33:11 am »

I have no way to send money, and no money to send.
But I can promise you my everlasting love.
And possibly about one THOUSAND DOLLARS IN VALUABLE COUPONS!

EDIT: dreiche2, there is a mystical function on these forums known as the "Personal Message" or somesuch thing. I myself only learned of it a few days ago, actually. Very useful when you need to ask one person something.

EDIT 2: When Good Comments Go Bad!!!: That came off as really... prickish. Sorry bout that.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2008, 03:35:48 am by Reasonableman »
A sane man must be reasonable, but a reasonable man need not be sane.

dreiche2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 24, 2008, 05:45:41 am »

Yeah, I know, and he actually replied with a PM. I think I posted it publicly because you never know who else from the same community might turn up...

But to get this thread back on-topic, I will also donate very soon...

Tommy2U

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 24, 2008, 10:12:21 am »

I recently got a Visa card, though I don't know if it's valid for PayPal - it says VISA on the front, but "electronic use only" on the back, so I don't get it - is it Visa Electron or not?

Anyway, if that is resolved and I get some money to spare, I'll send some 10-15$ your way, Toady.

Well, the situation is probably similar as here in Poland, that is it may or may not work, depending on your bank. Google up some internet banking forums and see if the Visa card you got from your bank can be used for internet purchases (outside of your country). If yes, it can be also linked to PayPal. Otherwise, you might need a special 'virtual' pre-paid payment card  or a full-blown credit card.
That's Install Planetary Overlord, not Initial Public Offering.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10