Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: What have we not weaponized yet?  (Read 4482 times)

Forumite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What have we not weaponized yet?
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2011, 10:17:11 am »

Has anyone weaponized the outdoor temperature? You could probably embark somewhere where attackers die of hypo- or hyperthermia.
There was that amazing freezer-trap, where magma 1s-level below was used to keep water from freezing, after that magma was pumped away, freezing the orcs in the water. Switches controlling the magma and doors allowed it to be reuseable.

Dwarven babies and kittens have been weaponized allready. I canīt think of any new ones, only awesome old weapons.
"The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit." - W. Somerset Maugham

DrKillPatient

• Bay Watcher
  • The yak falls infinitely
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2011, 10:32:17 am »

I'd like to see a trap that fires water and magma out into the air over enemies, colliding the two liquids and dropping an instant cave-in on their heads. I don't think aerial obsidian smashing has been used yet.
"Frankly, if you're hanging out with people who tell you to use v.begin() instead of &v[0], you need to rethink your social circle."
    Scott Meyers, Effective STL

I've written bash scripts to make using DF easier under Linux!

Forumite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2011, 10:50:26 am »

Could work. Liquids spread a bit when falling down, right?
"The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit." - W. Somerset Maugham

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2011, 11:19:03 am »

I have always been sad that ghosts can't be weaponized, even if they tear your dwarves into pieces, they just won't help out against a goblin.
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

Disquiet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2011, 11:49:00 am »

I don't think sand, (as in the powder, not the bag that holds it) has been weaponized.

blue sam3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2011, 12:00:10 pm »

Nobles.

I'm thinking specifically of dropping nobles from a good 10 z-levels up, and aiming it on elves / goblins / humans passing under. Would take a bit coordination, but since creatures falling on top of other creatures usually survive, it means that when you actually hit, you'll be able to recycle the ammunition!

... hmm, this actually sounds like a good way to deploy ones' army against the enemy.

I've heard of that method being used to deploy an army - someone was building a fortress on a stick with various trapdoors dropping the military into kitten-filled chambers with pet-impassible doors on the surface and each level of the fortress below there, to allow them to respond to threats instantly.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2011, 12:16:07 pm »

I'd like to see a trap that fires water and magma out into the air over enemies, colliding the two liquids and dropping an instant cave-in on their heads. I don't think aerial obsidian smashing has been used yet.
That could work. It would have to use a lot of pressure to get the magma to collide with the water mid-air though.

ZaDoktor

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarves and Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 25, 2011, 12:21:59 pm »

Air.  I'll bet no one has weaponized pure air yet.

Well, I find it fun to try and air-drown any dangerous carp.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 25, 2011, 12:44:21 pm »

Air.  I'll bet no one has weaponized pure air yet.

Well, I find it fun to try and air-drown any dangerous carp.
Problem solved.

Icee77

• Bay Watcher
  • I gave dogs [CAN_LEARN]. What have I DONE?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 25, 2011, 03:18:53 pm »

I want to weaponize plump helmet men. Can anyone help me?...Well besides setting them on fire and put them on the entrance of the fortress of course.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 25, 2011, 03:24:11 pm »

I want to weaponize plump helmet men. Can anyone help me?...Well besides setting them on fire and put them on the entrance of the fortress of course.
That's how you weaponize PHM.

You could of course drop badgers on their large heads and use said badgers...

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #41 on: May 25, 2011, 03:29:16 pm »

Blood? (not form FB's) vomit?  (In Dwarf Mode, anyway) Cats? (Mayor Adam West had that cannon that fired cats...) Fluffy Wamb--wait, already done.
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 25, 2011, 03:33:00 pm »

Blood? (not form FB's) vomit?  (In Dwarf Mode, anyway) Cats? (Mayor Adam West had that cannon that fired cats...) Fluffy Wamb--wait, already done.
The answer to all of these except cats: Adventure mode.

The answer to cats: 100 cats+1 goblin, stir thoroughly until a deep red.

amjh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 25, 2011, 04:35:53 pm »

That could work. It would have to use a lot of pressure to get the magma to collide with the water mid-air though.

What about using bridges to guide the fluids?
The truly amazing thing for me here is that a 6 page thread can be created of exceedingly high quality, simply because a group of manic depressive, schizophrenic midgets were able to milk a cow.
Argblarg 5 am not all tiles are done what the

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 25, 2011, 04:38:06 pm »

What about using bridges to guide the fluids?
Oh. I thought you meant in mid-air.

Bridges have already been used.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5