Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: What have we not weaponized yet?  (Read 4474 times)

Icee77

• Bay Watcher
  • I gave dogs [CAN_LEARN]. What have I DONE?!
    • View Profile
Re: What have we not weaponized yet?
« Reply #60 on: May 25, 2011, 07:58:26 pm »

What about plants? Just plants, nothing else.

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 25, 2011, 09:06:49 pm »

Excavated ice?
Drop the ice stones on someone from really high.

Stones that fall from really high hurt.

No they don't. The only things that hurt when they fall are walls, floors, stairs, fortifications, ramps... and things like that. Items and creatures don't hurt things that they land on.
Correct. Items don't hit creatures at all when they fall, and creatures only cause stunning when they impact. Since neither creature is injured when a creature falls on another creature, this is the cause of the kitten-based dwarven drop troopers. Also, I tested this in arena mode with the latest version, 10 minutes ago.

Back on topic, we haven't weaponized corpses as far as I know, but that may change next version when Toady will introduce necromancy...

Organum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 25, 2011, 09:31:55 pm »

You could dump fresh corpses around your dwarves and let the miasma from that send them tantruming.
If dwarves decided to live in trees like hippies, they'd still do it better than the elves.

Insert_Name

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 25, 2011, 10:58:42 pm »

On the subject of water/obsidian combination in midair, I've tried that. Doesn't take much pressure to get them to touch, especially if you use bridges to extend the reach. The main problem is that obsidian builds up beneath it quickly, and it ends up keeping the water and obsidian from mixing. You could still encase a large area in obsidian, though.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 25, 2011, 11:42:12 pm »

Pitcheblende. I want it to explode in a fission reaction when crushed under a dwarven atom smasher.

Sorry, you'll have to wait until Toady realises we need atomic power. To run our screw pumps? Uhh, sure...

*Goes hide*

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #66 on: May 25, 2011, 11:43:35 pm »

It will be possible to weaponize plants using DFHack. Very, very soon. It involves fire... Plants can burn for almost three game months, when forced to burn.

Wagons can be weaponized when you make them clip through a slope into a magma chamber. They can be (sneakily) set on fire that way. I patiently wait for their return so I can deal with the merchants efficiently :P

m4davis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 26, 2011, 02:25:50 pm »

I have 2 empty pipes and the abandon fort button
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]