Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: What have we not weaponized yet?  (Read 4496 times)

Syrup Roast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What have we not weaponized yet?
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2011, 01:03:04 am »

Excavated ice?
You can build stuff with the "water" stones. I never tried to build an ice bridge atom-smasher, but that might work. Dropping an ice floor or ice wall on someone's head would kill them.
Also ice-fall traps?
My answer to just about everything is magma. In fact, most threads end up with me running in screaming it 

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2011, 01:14:48 am »

Can't you put mined out ice into a catapult anyways?

noob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2011, 03:20:53 am »

pillars of cotton candy. raw cotton candy still in the rock.
LOSING IS FUN!

kotekzot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2011, 05:50:26 am »

pillars of cotton candy. raw cotton candy still in the rock.
Collapse, catapult?
Dwarf Fortress: Where violent death is a renewable resource
Bro, your like... thinking like a square man... its like, the WHOLE lamprey is just like, one big NECK dude, you know? its like hahahaha! dude protect the trees though, seriously. *inhale*... anyways... you like, want this dead black bear, bro?

Tetragenic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2011, 06:22:32 am »

I am currently trying to weaponise a Noble. So far it requires a mod to give dwarves poisonous blood, a very high Z-level drop, and horizontal bars.

Burning lignite bins too maybe. And magma.
Forgotten Beasts seem to be akin to Toady playing Dwarven Roulette with your fortress, as they can be anything from harmless giant worms made of mud to necrotic-gas spewing nigh-invunerable iron hydras of doom.

h3lblad3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2011, 06:25:05 am »

The were-capybaras of the future.  8)
I was talking about importing alimunim.
And we were hypothesising about the sexual relations between elves and trees.

antymattar

• Bay Watcher
  • *Antymattar has created a Cat-ass-trophy*
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2011, 07:23:07 am »

Nobody has weaponised milk, glomeblight and honey. and ichor.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2011, 08:03:48 am »

I think we can safley rule out anything that can be turned into !!anything!!.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Tharwen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2011, 08:26:07 am »

We haven't weaponised the random growth of trees yet. There might be possible applications for a maze of thin corridors that kills lab rats by having random corridors get blocked by trees intermittently.

Air.  I'll bet no one has weaponized pure air yet.

The goblin would have survived the fall, had it not been for the expanse of air between him and the ground.

What? Goblins die even if you drop them through a vacuum!
[Signature]

Jake

• Bay Watcher
  • Remember Boatmurdered!
    • View Profile
    • My Web Fiction
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2011, 08:53:11 am »

Lag.
Never used Dwarf Therapist, mods or tilesets in all the years I've been playing.
I think Toady's confusing interface better simulates the experience of a bunch of disorganised drunken dwarves running a fort.

Black Powder Firearms - Superior firepower, realistic manufacturing and rocket launchers!

rawrcakes

• Bay Watcher
  • [VERMIN_HATEABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2011, 09:03:25 am »

Nobles.

I'm thinking specifically of dropping nobles from a good 10 z-levels up, and aiming it on elves / goblins / humans passing under. Would take a bit coordination, but since creatures falling on top of other creatures usually survive, it means that when you actually hit, you'll be able to recycle the ammunition!

... hmm, this actually sounds like a good way to deploy ones' army against the enemy.
Niding absolutely detests humans. || twitch.tv/onnings

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2011, 09:14:45 am »

Ocean waves could be weaponized, but I haven't seen it before, so it may fall under the "yet" category.

Has anyone weaponized the outdoor temperature? You could probably embark somewhere where attackers die of hypo- or hyperthermia.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2011, 09:54:48 am »

Ocean waves could be weaponized, but I haven't seen it before, so it may fall under the "yet" category.

Has anyone weaponized the outdoor temperature? You could probably embark somewhere where attackers die of hypo- or hyperthermia.
Ocean waves can fill holes. As in, that pit full of nobles elves.

Yes, outdoor temperature has been used. It will kill your dwarves though, so it's a bad idea.

Lytha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2011, 10:10:31 am »

Yes, but I actually used it mostly against immigrants, diplomats and caravans. It was a combination of scorching air and rainfall, like in the good old 31.01 days. Became a bit boring though, and anyway, the game kept pulling a new diplomat and caravan out of its arse every year.
Lytha likes fire clay, rose gold, green glass, bags, the colour midnight blue, and cats for their aloofness. When possible, she prefers to consume tea and cow cheese.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2011, 10:13:07 am »

Yes, but I actually used it mostly against immigrants, diplomats and caravans. It was a combination of scorching air and rainfall, like in the good old 31.01 days. Became a bit boring though, and anyway, the game kept pulling a new diplomat and caravan out of its arse every year.
Couldn't you say that the diplomats were....

warm and steamy?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5