Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Z-Screen Weirdness  (Read 383 times)

Organum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Z-Screen Weirdness
« on: May 24, 2011, 10:35:30 pm »

Hello Gameplay Questions, it's me again.

My z-screen and my z-stock screen completely disagree on how many plants I have. The number on the z-stock screen seems to be the accurate number, considering that I've checked my food stockpile and I do in fact have plants there. The game is acting like the lower number is correct, though, such as giving me a "no food available" cancellation for taming jobs. The kitchen screen seems to indicate that it's only counting plump helmets as edible plants. I'm playing with the Genesis mod, if that helps any.

Do you have any ideas?

(Warning-Huge pictures)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
If dwarves decided to live in trees like hippies, they'd still do it better than the elves.

ShinWalks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Z-Screen Weirdness
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2011, 10:47:36 pm »

I believe the heading "Food Stores" indicates that that number is a count of your *edible* plants, e.g. plump helmets, wild strawberries. The stocks show all plants, including all the other species that cannot be eaten raw.

Organum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Z-Screen Weirdness
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2011, 11:00:12 pm »

I'd started thinking it was something like that, now I'm sure of it. Thanks for the help.
If dwarves decided to live in trees like hippies, they'd still do it better than the elves.