Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Simple Naming Change  (Read 626 times)

Vsor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Simple Naming Change
« on: May 24, 2011, 03:20:43 pm »

As it stands right now, if you choose a random name for a fortress, it comes out as <random><random>. This is enough to get interesting names, unique to DF, however you have the option to choose more elaborate names, such as <blank><blank> the <blank> of <blank>.
I can name a fortress <blank><blank> of <blank> and hit random, and it will change back to <random><random>, I think it should preserve your word structure so it would come out as <random><random> of <random>.

RabidAnubis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Simple Naming Change
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2011, 05:43:44 pm »

Hmm..... Maybe as a polishing touch for DF 2010, before he starts the new one.
Dwarf Fortress: Your game is working on giving NPC's lives. Our game is working on giving them a working nervous system.
Aahhh I can't find the fish cakes in the bunny level, they keep getting enraged and I don't have any holy hand grenades
The Age of Myth: Goldenhold

blizzerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Simple Naming Change
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, 01:04:10 pm »

maybe also an ability to rename a fort each time it changes in size (colony, barony, etc etc)

the obsidian city of plump helmet beer wasn't named so the moment the dwarves decided to go on an expedition to settle, it was named something else before like "the settlement of new things" and later on when cities are added made of obsidian it was renamed over time