Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Necromancy in Adventure Mode  (Read 2558 times)

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Necromancy in Adventure Mode
« on: May 24, 2011, 10:29:18 am »

In the news posts on the main website a couple of days ago, Toady said something about NPC necromancers learning the secrets of the dark arts from slabs and tablets with the secret knowledge written upon them. If we, the intrepid adventurers of fantasy, manage to somehow get our hands on such tablets, will we be able to decipher the dark secrets and wield necromantic magic ourselves?

Apologies if this has already been asked. :)
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Necromancy in Adventure Mode
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2011, 10:35:16 am »

He mentioned in the FotF thread that it all comes down to him writing an interface or not. It really may or may not be in the new version, but I'm leaning towards "yes".

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2011, 10:47:38 am »

Gosh, I hope so. It would excellent to have a horde of nigh unkillable zombie minions instead of my usual ragged band of cripples! :P
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2011, 10:49:59 am »

Building your own necromancer tower/fort would be awesome
If life gives you lemons, burn them.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2011, 11:53:51 am »

is this a thread on Future Necromancy or just Necromancy in Adventure mode in general.
because boy I have some stories to tell.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Cespinarve

• Bay Watcher
  • Lege lege lege relege labora et invenies
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2011, 03:24:14 pm »

Gosh, I hope so. It would excellent to have a horde of nigh unkillable zombie minions instead of my usual ragged band of cripples! :P

Prefacing that statement with the word "Gosh" creates this strange moral dissonance. 
Nice one, not sure when I'll be feeling like killing a baby but these things are good to know.
This is why we can't have nice things... someone will just wind up filling it with corpses.
Arrakis teaches the attitude of the knife — chopping off what's incomplete and saying: "Now it's complete because it's ended here."

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2011, 03:26:03 pm »

It's a thread speculating on whether we'll be able to use the necromancy from the upcoming update ourselves in Adventure Mode.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2011, 03:32:18 pm »

oh I thought this was about my new necromancy addons to Dfusion being used in adventure mode?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Ale and Axes

• Bay Watcher
  • Chug - Swipe - Cheer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2011, 07:20:50 pm »

No, but nice plug though. :P ;)

quip

• Bay Watcher
  • ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2011, 10:25:57 am »

Prefacing that statement with the word "Gosh" creates this strange moral dissonance.
"Oh, golly! You really did cut your thumb! Here, let me help you with that..."
*Adventuerer slits wounded peasants throat*
"Now, where did I leave that tome of necromatic evil? Oh! Thats right! I was on my way to get one! Silly me!"
*Looks down at peasant corpse*
"Guess I'll need to find another band of meatshields again..."
Hell hath no fury like an angry vampire pimp.

Fredd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2011, 11:55:25 am »

Gotta admit, Dfusion has some helpful, as well as odd thing for adven mode
Should you fail to comply, strict !!disciplinary actions!! will be taken. Also, we feel we should remind you that one of the "criminals" on your list is the chief medical dwarf. If he ends up too badly injured to do his job, you will be fired. Out of a magma cannon.
Sincerely,
The Administration