Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90

Author Topic: Dungeons of Dredmor - Patch 1.1.2 is available  (Read 182978 times)

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
Re: Dungeons of Dredmor - Patch 1.1.2 is available
« Reply #1305 on: December 23, 2012, 02:29:18 pm »

I have perception, just haven't developed it yet. Still doing very well on my current adventurer, but I have to take a break because I think my eyes are going to start bleeding. According to Steam, which is kind enough to keep track of how much of my life I've squandered away, I've spent 9 hours playing in the last 2 days.

I switched to some of the other games I got for a change of pace. Machinarium was seriously pissing me off so I've switched to Botanicula, which is much better. I'll post reviews of those soon too. And I'm sure I'll get drawn back into DoD before the night is finished...

By the way, I've been giving lots of lutefisk to the lutefisk god but nothing has happened. Does it actually do anything or is it just funny?

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: December 23, 2012, 08:58:43 pm »

I found mechinarium... deceptive. What looked obvious felt like moon-logic puzzles once I saw the solutions.

Lutefisk: every piece you donate adds a small % total chance to get an artifact item. The chance is 100% at 500 (I think. it's a high number). Also, the quality/modifier count is partially based on how much you donate, so for the best item, donate 500 at once. You don't have to take it out of the cube, and fisking fisk is a 1:1 ratio. I'm not that obsessive about it - I might get 2 artifacts on a full 15 floor run, and they aren't as good as the inconsequencia/chest of evil items, in general.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: December 24, 2012, 02:47:39 am »

I somehow managed to glitch the game...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I have TWO friendly wyrmling... the one in the lower left is the "fake" one. It is invulnerable to damage, still fights for me, but doesn't grab aggro away from me like the real one.

I wonder if it will fix itself as I go down to next floor.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #1308 on: December 24, 2012, 03:11:42 am »

Ha, I got drunk last night and did a review for Botanicula. I think I might have turned into a fangirl! http://thingsairafound.tumblr.com/post/38657257458/interim-review-botanicula-i-heard-about

But Botanicula is not randomly generated and will eventually end, so I'd better pace myself. Back to the Dungeons now! Let's see how long I can keep Guy Buttersnaps alive before I need to steal another new name from a TV show...

Also, kcwong: How did you manage this glitch? WANT!

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: December 24, 2012, 06:10:53 am »

Ha, I got drunk last night and did a review for Botanicula. I think I might have turned into a fangirl! http://thingsairafound.tumblr.com/post/38657257458/interim-review-botanicula-i-heard-about

But Botanicula is not randomly generated and will eventually end, so I'd better pace myself. Back to the Dungeons now! Let's see how long I can keep Guy Buttersnaps alive before I need to steal another new name from a TV show...

Also, kcwong: How did you manage this glitch? WANT!

I'm not sure. Also I was wrong... turns out this extra wyrmling is not really immortal, it's just attacked much less due to it not stealing aggro. It died eventually. Then I accidentally pressed a button too hard, and walked into a mysterious portal - and that's before I save and quit to make a backup.

Ouch.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #1310 on: December 24, 2012, 06:37:03 am »

Well Guy Buttersnaps is still alive against all odds. On level 5 now and hardly a thing can even touch him. I haven't save-scummed before but I just might with this guy.

I also have about 30 of these arcane addresses written down... I only tried one once with a past adventurer and he was ripped to pieces by two clones of himself. Couldn't figure out how to escape from the alternate dimension - presumably I needed to kill those clones first? Do all these addresses open up places so deadly? And is there a way to leave them without having to kill everything there?

marples

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: December 24, 2012, 10:06:56 am »

The wizard lands are usualy fairly linear, at the end is one of those portals that zaps you back to your pocket dimension. They vary in difficulty but codes found on earlier levels are generaly easier, may want to get some levels under your belt first. The codes work for anybody so if you get one that has some good items you can pass it to other players.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #1312 on: December 24, 2012, 11:24:35 am »

Aw man... I just tried out a few of them and they're ridiculously easy. Monsters from floor 1 and 2, useless equipment. I'm sure some of them will be more interesting, but I've got like 20 of them still to go through!

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: December 24, 2012, 12:58:25 pm »

I generally just do 'em as I find 'em, assuming, of course, that I'm comfortable with my murdery-ness.
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #1314 on: December 24, 2012, 01:13:03 pm »

Yeah, I'll definitely do that in the future. Just got scared off after the first one and now I have a big long list to look through. Now I know better!

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: December 24, 2012, 06:19:45 pm »

The clone lever rooms are very distinctive IIRC. Just an empty room with a lever in the middle. All the other rooms I've found with levers near something (or labeled) were generally safe.

Also, I finally finished my first Going Rogue/Permadeath run!

Astrology, viking magic, master at arms, ley line walker, alchemy, blood magic, perception. I even managed to kill Dredmor in a battle of magic, instead of my usual "buy out all clockwork sawblades and spam him to death." I almost died in the fight though, when I got Thor-bolted twice in a row. Those things hurt, even with voltaic resist in the 18-20 range.

I think next I'm going to try a Dashing Swordsman with swords, dual wield, piracy, blacksmithing, fungal arts, burglary... and... something. I should probably get something to deal with casters, maybe battle geology. Thoughts?
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: December 24, 2012, 10:22:52 pm »

Also, I finally finished my first Going Rogue/Permadeath run!
I never play on anything but Going Rogue + Permadeath. However, I usually make it to around Floor 3, so..

I should probably get something to deal with casters, maybe battle geology.
I find the Warlock skill tree to be generally useful, especially allowing you to take down the massive hordes of monsters that so often can lead to death. Seems like it would go well with the rest of your build too.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #1317 on: December 30, 2012, 05:34:01 pm »

Okay I've got a newbie-ish question. I've seen these artifacts located on a tile surrounded by water. None of them ever looked interesting to me before so I never bothered with them in the past, but now I've found one I really want and I'm not sure how to get it. I tried a few spatial instability potions but no luck. Any other ways of getting to the item? Unfortunately I don't have any skills that let me teleport. : (

Myroc

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking Skeleton
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: December 30, 2012, 05:49:20 pm »

Unfortunately I don't have any skills that let me teleport. : (
There are other ways than teleportation that can be used to grab those. You can use spells or effects that push objects to push it onto mainland. Vampirism has an ability that turns you into a bat, letting you fly over and grab it. Magical Law has (last time I checked, at least) an ability that lets you grab objects from a distance. There are probably more ways that I'm not thinking of.
We all have problems. Some people just have more awesome problems than others.
Getting angry is fun. Getting angry over petty things even better.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #1319 on: December 30, 2012, 06:17:33 pm »

Hm... Any ideas what things push items? I have a skill that randomly causes knockback during melee fighting, but I have to be attacking something and standing next to it. Any wands, perhaps? My skills are macery, thrown weaponry, berserker rage, master of arms, viking wizardry, perception, and fungal arts. I'm maxed on most of them but still have a ways to go in throwing and a little bit of viking wizardry and fungal arts. I have a slew of wands and I'm not sure what all of them do yet.
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90