Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 90

Author Topic: Dungeons of Dredmor - Patch 1.1.2 is available  (Read 183186 times)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeons of Dredmor - {New DLC release date: August 1st 2012}
« Reply #1050 on: August 01, 2012, 04:02:56 pm »

I'm going to assume no because the other skills (like Bankster which still sounds hilarious) haven't been added.

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: August 01, 2012, 04:52:43 pm »

ITS OUT
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: August 01, 2012, 05:02:19 pm »

Even though I'm poor and need to save all of my money, stuff by GLG still gets an instabuy from me.

Meta

• Bay Watcher
  • Aka Maunoir. French Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: August 01, 2012, 05:09:29 pm »

Even though I'm poor and need to save all of my money, stuff by GLG still gets an instabuy from me.
Yup, it's an instabuy for me too. :D
Generalized Godwin’s Law: "Every discussion within an online community converges to a zero-information signal characterized by empty assertions concerning the foundational dichotomy of that community."

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: August 01, 2012, 05:36:13 pm »

First impression: Dagger + Communist is deadly. Guerilla Attack to go invisible and possibly daze the enemy. Liechtenauer's Switcheroo to do a sneak attack and switch places. I just defeated an Unfriendly AI (usually shows up on level 3) on level 1 with this combo. I've also got Assassination thrown in for good measure. It can't hurt. Next move: level up dagger for Two Attacks One Dagger! The fluff text implies that it might do even more damage if you're sneaking.

In a safe location, Bankster is basically free money. In the event that you get a debuff, just wait it out. I don't know what the effects are, though. If it removes money to pay for the loan or something, I wouldn't know. My first use (and only failure) was when I had no cash.

One of the skills on my "take ALL the new skills" character, can't recall which, allows you to pocket things from a distance. I didn't get to use it, but it sounded nifty.

Punny: starting with the Communist skill nets you a hammer and a sickle.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 05:41:38 pm by Mephisto »

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: August 01, 2012, 05:50:28 pm »

when you first gain a set of wizard keys and go to the portal console and it gives you a code... dont type rape.... 
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: August 01, 2012, 05:54:11 pm »

I'm loving the polearms skill. All I need to do is get the monsters to line up and hit them all.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: August 01, 2012, 06:46:44 pm »

Oddly, I can enter my pocket dimension without the DLC.
They made it part of the patch, not the DLC.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: August 01, 2012, 07:03:36 pm »

when you first gain a set of wizard keys and go to the portal console and it gives you a code... dont type rape....
if you put anything that not a real code you go someplace very FUN

Anyway go help with this https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Alj_-ATA7GiYdGdDempHZEV5eUN0Y2VKRG1sazk5Nnc&pli=1#gid=0
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: August 01, 2012, 07:16:05 pm »

I know nout of the new things.

So I'm an Armoured-Communist-ClockworkKnight Dual-Wielding Halberds, with a penchant for Tinkering and Smithery or whatnot.

I'm doomed!
Everybody!

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: August 01, 2012, 07:23:57 pm »

The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: August 01, 2012, 07:28:54 pm »

Anyway go help with this https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Alj_-ATA7GiYdGdDempHZEV5eUN0Y2VKRG1sazk5Nnc&pli=1#gid=0

Thanks x100 for putting this up. I used it to finally get a decent spear. Very helpful doc.

Out of curiosity, though, where are you getting those codes? Randomly putting in letters or are they given somewhere in-game?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 07:30:41 pm by freeformschooler »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: August 01, 2012, 07:37:25 pm »

There are some glowing graffiti around the walls. Already got two codes, but still have to check them out. Can't seem to find keys anywhere.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: August 01, 2012, 07:37:46 pm »

Thanks x100 for putting this up. I used it to finally get a decent spear. Very helpful doc.

Out of curiosity, though, where are you getting those codes? Randomly putting in letters or are they given somewhere in-game?

You can get the codes by checking shining graffitti, but i'm not sure how else.

I got the code Mlolechseegormag on DL1 , but that Excel sheet confuses me and nothing happens when I type after insert below OR above, so i'll just leave it here.
Everybody!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: August 01, 2012, 07:46:40 pm »

You can get the codes by checking shining graffitti, but i'm not sure how else.

I got the code Mlolechseegormag on DL1 , but that Excel sheet confuses me and nothing happens when I type after insert below OR above, so i'll just leave it here.
Since I am also confused by that sheet, here are the ones I've got so far:
Mutaknggorpok
Fowaitgorzan
Lklioocragorpok
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 90