Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 90

Author Topic: Dungeons of Dredmor - Patch 1.1.2 is available  (Read 183193 times)

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeons of Dredmor - {Free DLC + Steam Workshop} Available!!!
« Reply #1020 on: June 26, 2012, 01:55:51 am »

Good news, everyone! There's yet another new Dredmor expansion coming out!

The link beckons you.

Highlights:
Communist skill tree! (with Free Healthcare skill)
Bankster skill tree! (Cast spells with gold, apparently)
Being drunk! (duuuuuuuuude that's meta as hell man)
Pocket storage dimension! (TARDIS reference!)
Diggle Hell! (Diggle Hell!)

So, yeah. More good stuff from those cool guys who made that great game. Good times.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: June 26, 2012, 02:02:00 am »

Every time I think I can put away this game they announce another goddamn expansion. Gaslamp are wonderful, horrible people for eating up my time like this. I will gladly throw money at another paid expansion.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: June 26, 2012, 02:08:06 am »

Man, I still have to get to the end. Why do they keep throwing all this fancy new stuff at us?

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: June 26, 2012, 04:26:15 am »

Explore the Wizardlands! Trade Wizarding Graffiti with your friends and enemies alike to gain access to the fractured extra-dimensional domains of the Wizards using an innovative retro-inspired magic password system.

With this being one of the features I'm thinking maybe multiplayer in some form ? It sounds like multiplayer
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #1024 on: June 26, 2012, 05:14:14 am »

I dunno how you would impliment multiplayer with passwords, without forcing them to input a password for every move. :p

This is with my very very VERY rudimentary coding knowledge incidentally but.

Then again a "dredmor by "mail"" option does sound absurd and wonderful.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: June 26, 2012, 04:22:15 pm »

I haven't read much, but I *think* the password system is some way of sharing the Wizardlands maps or dungeon generation seeds. You wizzard-graffiti up the password from someone else and you can play their level, maybe? That's how I read it anyway.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.

Meta

• Bay Watcher
  • Aka Maunoir. French Dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeons of Dredmor - {New DLC release date: August 1st 2012}
« Reply #1026 on: July 06, 2012, 03:33:13 am »

I will leave this here:
Generalized Godwin’s Law: "Every discussion within an online community converges to a zero-information signal characterized by empty assertions concerning the foundational dichotomy of that community."

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: July 06, 2012, 08:56:09 am »

ARGH

BUT I'VE NOT VANILLA ET!

Oh, and Werediggles have always ruled.
Everybody!

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: July 06, 2012, 09:10:01 am »

Damn, more content? I always get to level 4-5ish then die to something horrible.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: July 06, 2012, 09:55:44 am »

Damn, more content? I always get to level 4-5ish then die to something horrible.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: July 06, 2012, 10:13:04 am »

They have a strange concept of "Very Soon." Still, they actually make all the development time worth it, so I'm fine with that. The last free Xpack included a core rebalance of several existing skills in addition to the new ones, and I think this one is doing the same.

Plus... communist banksters.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: July 06, 2012, 01:04:45 pm »

Dang, I still need RotDG. Maybe they'll have a little sale of the previous expansion to celebrate the release of the new one.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Meta

• Bay Watcher
  • Aka Maunoir. French Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: July 06, 2012, 01:41:55 pm »

I'll be buying this and the last expansion as soon as they go on sale, lemme tell ya. Dungeons of Dreadmor happens to be a great travel roguelike- set Steam to offline mode and play it on your laptop for those long car drives.

Frankly, it's shocking how much time it can eat up, and this is coming from the guy who hasn't made it past floor three yet.
Wut, you're waiting for a sale to buy RotDG? It only costs like 3 bucks. :(
Generalized Godwin’s Law: "Every discussion within an online community converges to a zero-information signal characterized by empty assertions concerning the foundational dichotomy of that community."

Korva

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: July 06, 2012, 04:58:59 pm »

This is a really fun little game. Quirky, whimsical, not as forbidding as many normal roguelikes but also not a cakewalk. I too died horribly quite a lot of times around level 3-5, mainly due to recklessness ... my roguelike-fu was very rusty.  ::) Took a break of a few months, recently saw that there's a free expansion, grabbed it, started a new magic-focused character, managed to win despite a few really close calls on the levels I'd not seen before. Now I'm pondering whether to pick up RotDG and try my hands at another melee monster.

My main quibbles are the tiny inventory (I'm a hopeless packrat) and how the perspective obscures certain tiles adjacent to walls. Yeah, you get red outlines for monsters and (known) traps but it's still irritating.

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: July 06, 2012, 07:44:11 pm »

This is a really fun little game. Quirky, whimsical, not as forbidding as many normal roguelikes but also not a cakewalk. I too died horribly quite a lot of times around level 3-5, mainly due to recklessness ... my roguelike-fu was very rusty.  ::) Took a break of a few months, recently saw that there's a free expansion, grabbed it, started a new magic-focused character, managed to win despite a few really close calls on the levels I'd not seen before. Now I'm pondering whether to pick up RotDG and try my hands at another melee monster.

My main quibbles are the tiny inventory (I'm a hopeless packrat) and how the perspective obscures certain tiles adjacent to walls. Yeah, you get red outlines for monsters and (known) traps but it's still irritating.

I've been annoyed enough by the free expansion that I haven't fired up DoD for nearly a month.  The added traps on dungeon level 1 have me frustrated.  They feel too common and too deadly.  I might actually uninstall the expansion.

Re the inventory clutter problem:  The next version, scheduled for early August, is supposed to have a solution for that.  I had hoped for a completely separate crafting inventory, but I think what we're going to get is a special level that can be entered whenever we want, and we just dump stuff there.

Re obscured tiles:  Yeah, what you said.  Supposedly they can't fix it without a major rewrite of the rendering code.
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 90