Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 90

Author Topic: Dungeons of Dredmor - Patch 1.1.2 is available  (Read 183218 times)

eeviac

• Bay Watcher
  • Seven
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeons of Dredmor - Lutefisk for the Lutefisk God
« Reply #975 on: December 28, 2011, 01:01:06 pm »

I really want to like this game, but there's something about an animated roguelike that rubs me the wrong way...

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: December 28, 2011, 01:15:28 pm »

Unfortunately, I have no access to a credit card. So yeah. D:

I would've bought it if I had a credit card, but my parent's credit cards are all drained, and they're a bit too frugal with stuff related to buying and money.
Prepaid viiissaaaa. Might have to cough up $10-20 for it (Dunno how low they go, honestly), but none of that finicky credit card nuisance involved. I got one for christmas, which promptly turned into a half dozen games :P
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: December 28, 2011, 01:26:10 pm »

Finally able to start playing DoD (yay mega-giveaway!), and having a blast with it. But I'm at a loss with the diverse abilities and skills in this game. What's a good dual-wielding build that's easy to train and powerful?

Note that I don't have Realm of the Diggles expansion, so yeah.

Dual-wielding, your weapon of choice (I'd suggest maces, although with axes and swords you can craft very good weapons (Katana, Bearded Axe)  without requiring the recipe of that item. You could also take two weapon skills...), Assassination, Berserker Rage, Master of Arms, Smithing (or perhaps tinkering, or perception. Smithing isn't very useful in the late game, but Tinkering is always, and it gives you trap affinity), and... well, the last skill is kind of a flexible spot.

For the last skill, you could take tinkering to have smithing and tinkering together, or perception. A really nice build (that might be a tiny bit more complicated) is to have flesh-smithing, as it is possibly one of the best warrior-mage skills (along with viking wizardry). Don't ignore shields, though. Shield-bearer is a very nice skill line, and Berserker Rage compliments it more than it compliments Dual-wielding, in fact (it still is good with dual-wielding, though.)

So here are some starting builds:

Dual-Wielding, Maces, Master of Arms, Berserker Rage, Assassination, Smithing, Flesh-smithing.
Dual-Wielding, Maces, Master of Arms, Berserker Rage, Assassination, Smithing, Tinkering
Dual-Wielding, Maces, Master of Arms, Berserker Rage, Assassination, Smithing, Perception
Dual-Wielding, Maces, Master of Arms, Berserker Rage, Assassination, Tinkering, Flesh-smithing
Dual-Wielding, Maces, Master of Arms, Berserker Rage, Assassination, Perception, Flesh-smithing.
Maces, Shield Bearer, Berserker Rage, Master of Arms, Flesh Shaping, Assassin, Smithing.

Obviously, there are a lot of builds to have!
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #978 on: December 28, 2011, 05:25:31 pm »

I really want to like this game, but there's something about an animated roguelike that rubs me the wrong way...

Don't let that stop you. It's a pretty awesome game! Nothin wrong with graphics if they're done well.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #979 on: December 28, 2011, 05:47:30 pm »

Really, I think its the music that really makes this game a gem, much more so than the graphics (even though the graphics are also excellent).
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #980 on: December 29, 2011, 06:23:12 am »

I'm kind've biased on the graphics because there's just something about them that entertains me. I can't look at the berserk icon without losing it some days. Music is pretty good too though.

PsyberianHusky

• Bay Watcher
  • The best at being the worst at video games.
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: December 29, 2011, 09:55:00 am »

I'm kind've biased on the graphics because there's just something about them that entertains me. I can't look at the berserk icon without losing it some days. Music is pretty good too though.
   Agreed, I hope they make more games in this style, I seldom enjoy dungeon crawling, but this game I can get into.
Thank you based dwarf.

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: December 29, 2011, 12:08:24 pm »

Any of the new skills in the diggle thingy any good?

I  tried Veganism once and everything went to hell...
Everybody!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: December 29, 2011, 12:40:05 pm »

Veganism seems pointless unless you have a way to actually use it right.
Big Game Hunter is useful as far as I've seen once you get Release the Hounds.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: December 29, 2011, 01:33:41 pm »

I went into a strange portal near the end of the 2nd floor. Everything seemed killable, saved when I saw new ones. I went through another strange portal to get out and I was shredded by a moustache champion. Luckily the strange portal warps you different places each time, so i'll be able to return eventually.

Wait, no, it looks like i'm trapped forever. I'm in the first room and there is no way out whatsoever.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 02:21:00 pm by Wolf Tengu »
Everybody!

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: December 31, 2011, 08:43:56 am »

This game gave me the biggest middle finger it could give by making my save file un-loadable.

Is there anything I can do to restore it somehow?
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: December 31, 2011, 04:08:25 pm »

This game gave me the biggest middle finger it could give by making my save file un-loadable.

Is there anything I can do to restore it somehow?

Likely not by yourself.

You could try to contact Gaslamp Games'  support.  Back when Dredmor first came out, they did fix corrupted savegames stemming from game bugs.

But I would guess they're drowning in support issues, given the recent sale.

Try loading the 'autosave', if the game made one.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: December 31, 2011, 05:29:08 pm »

I think they put something about a save restorer on their site. It was a beta-test thing though, so if you're not comfortable with that, start a new Brows and keep the save til the fix gets pushed to live.

And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: December 31, 2011, 07:32:30 pm »

Dem hounds
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: January 01, 2012, 03:25:24 am »

Well, I fixed my not-being-able-to-load problem by downloading a hotfix from the Dredmor website that was released on the 28 of December.

Thanks for the help, though.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 90