Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 90

Author Topic: Dungeons of Dredmor - Patch 1.1.2 is available  (Read 183299 times)

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeons of Dredmor - Lutefisk for the Lutefisk God
« Reply #900 on: December 21, 2011, 02:57:24 pm »

Steam currently has this on sale for like $1.75 with DLC.  This costs less than a coffee and is supported by a community I enjoy, so I splurged.

Currently on Linux, and Steam refuses to play (Cataclysm demands I be on for a little bit longer), so I'll check it out later today.  Any advice for a young Dwarfling cast into the dungeon?
The ingame tutorial's broken at the moment, so don't bother with it. Also, ALWAYS play with permadeath on. No time to grind once you've got a 'feel' for the game.
By creating a gobstopper that never loses its flavor he broke thermodynamics
Maybe it's parasitic. It never loses its flavor because you eventually die from having your nutrients stolen by it.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: December 21, 2011, 03:08:01 pm »

Also I don't know about anyone else. But no time to grind feels soulless. And the tutorial wasn't broken for me. Also permadeath is a choice, it's really just for achievements and purism. I actually intend to stop using it after beating each difficulty once with permadeath on.

My own suggestion is to play a beefy character first with a couple of skills you're interested in. So you have the durability and lifespan to find out what works for you and refine a build you enjoy playing. And despite the game making it a little more appealing to keylean, don't. Tap the keys or use the mouse to move.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Rhodan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: December 21, 2011, 03:32:07 pm »

Problem is that post was *last* week, see (and thus the patch was supposed to come out "early this one"). It's the lack of news, as much as the delay, what's annoying me. As I said before, I think they are better-willed than other indie developers.

You're referring to this post, right? The patches mentioned here all apply to the Steam version. All that the post says about the HiB bundle is that their patches will have to be hand-built by the writer personally, which probably means a bit of a delay.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: December 21, 2011, 03:59:10 pm »

They said it elsewhere. Twitter, I think. In that post they remark how that monday (AKA: 12th of December) they had released the steam patch. Elsewhere they said that the HiB patch would be up early this week.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Deadmeat1471

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: December 21, 2011, 04:01:00 pm »

Really good game, reminds me of the golden oldies of roguelikes.

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: December 21, 2011, 04:16:27 pm »

Also I don't know about anyone else. But no time to grind feels soulless. And the tutorial wasn't broken for me. Also permadeath is a choice, it's really just for achievements and purism. I actually intend to stop using it after beating each difficulty once with permadeath on.

My own suggestion is to play a beefy character first with a couple of skills you're interested in. So you have the durability and lifespan to find out what works for you and refine a build you enjoy playing. And despite the game making it a little more appealing to keylean, don't. Tap the keys or use the mouse to move.
I agree, the floors feel a little lame with it on. I've recently started playing with it off again.
By creating a gobstopper that never loses its flavor he broke thermodynamics
Maybe it's parasitic. It never loses its flavor because you eventually die from having your nutrients stolen by it.

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: December 21, 2011, 04:17:52 pm »

Hmmm. Is giving up +1 stubborness, getting -2 enemy dodge reduction, and getting a slashing resistance worth one point of damage? Found a new crude steel axe with 3 slashing, 6 necromantic, 2 acidic, and 1 aethereal damage. As said, gives -2 enemy dodge reduction, which is bad, but gives 1 slashing resistance and overall 1 more point of damage. The other axe also has +1 stubbornness.  Other axe has 8 slashing, 2 piercing, and 1 necromantic. Are the varied damage types worth it for the new axe?

Not sure.
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

Myroc

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking Skeleton
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: December 21, 2011, 04:27:33 pm »

Yes, I'd say it would be worth the trade-off, but not for the one damage alone. It's because most of the damage types from the later axe is damage that pierces normal armor absorption. The new axe has 9 points of armor-piercing damage, while the former axe only has 3.

I'd keep ahold of the older axe a bit further, though, should you run into trouble using the new one.
We all have problems. Some people just have more awesome problems than others.
Getting angry is fun. Getting angry over petty things even better.

Rhodan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: December 21, 2011, 05:34:14 pm »

They said it elsewhere. Twitter, I think. In that post they remark how that monday (AKA: 12th of December) they had released the steam patch. Elsewhere they said that the HiB patch would be up early this week.

Well, I hope their latest tweet comes true, then. ;)

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: December 21, 2011, 08:04:01 pm »

I should probably go Rogue on the next game. This is my 6th character (permadeath of course) and I'm doing a bit too well for this game to be a "real" roguelike. Anything I encounter bows to my Diggleform and I will never-ever run out of food with my endless supply of freshly laid Diggle Eggs. I can also go invisible and run away anytime something manages to take half of my health.

I think it was mostly finding some nuclear warhead bolts that were worth 16000 on the first level. I got a ring that boosts health by 20 and health regen by 2.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: December 21, 2011, 08:06:26 pm »

Can you sell items?  I'm running through this and having -loads- of fun, but I'm always short of money, and always overdone on things I don't need.

Also, what's the benefit of tithing?

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: December 21, 2011, 08:08:20 pm »

You can sell things to brax by dropping them on his tile, or holding shift and clicking them in your inventory. Just remember that shift clicking will sell the whole stack.

Tithing gives you artifacts on occasion.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: December 21, 2011, 08:08:49 pm »

You can also drop them on an empty store shelf.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: December 21, 2011, 08:09:15 pm »

How do you split a stack, as well?  Certain keys are not quite explained, although the tutorial did work for me.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: December 21, 2011, 08:10:39 pm »

Earlier someone said to alt-click. I haven't tried it, though.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 90