Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 90

Author Topic: Dungeons of Dredmor - Patch 1.1.2 is available  (Read 183323 times)

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeons of Dredmor - Lutefisk for the Lutefisk God
« Reply #825 on: December 19, 2011, 02:48:11 pm »

Ah, yes. The north running. Just press the up key once. Its some sorta thing where it detects the up key as being held down. Happens to me in some games. No need to quit.

EDIT:
WHO DESIGNED THIS?!

Why must this game torture me?
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 03:07:40 pm by cerapa »

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: December 19, 2011, 03:08:22 pm »

The problem was that by the time I had stopped automatically running, I was in a corner and the monsters were on me.
Shoes...

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: December 19, 2011, 03:14:59 pm »

Yeah the running-up thing is what killed my untouchable fire mage on floor 9. Something acid-arrowed me and Eyebrows kindly ignored all my health items to run in a straight line and die. It was highly annoying.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: December 19, 2011, 03:18:24 pm »

When the game sends Death after me on Level one, I just know it's taunting me.

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: December 19, 2011, 03:23:04 pm »

Ah, yes. The north running. Just press the up key once. Its some sorta thing where it detects the up key as being held down. Happens to me in some games. No need to quit.

EDIT:
WHO DESIGNED THIS?!

Why must this game torture me?
That must be on purpose. Surely the RNG would not produce something so evil?
By creating a gobstopper that never loses its flavor he broke thermodynamics
Maybe it's parasitic. It never loses its flavor because you eventually die from having your nutrients stolen by it.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: December 19, 2011, 03:26:40 pm »

Just use a ranged skill. You do have at least one, right?

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: December 19, 2011, 03:34:16 pm »

Just use a ranged skill. You do have at least one, right?
I am a werediggle berzerker that one-shots all his enemies and can comfortably sit in monster zoos and eat omelettes.

So, no.

EDIT: Correction: I can almost 1 shot everyone(I deal 70 damage per hit, and everything survives with like 10) and I can comfortably sit in monster zoos, as long as it isnt those damn pumpins. Nothing else deals more than 3 damage to me, these bastards do 9. Time do go down a level anyway. Hopefully no more pumpkins.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 03:42:01 pm by cerapa »

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: December 19, 2011, 03:46:41 pm »

So I'm doing this now, which is relevant to this topic I suppose.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=97789.0
By creating a gobstopper that never loses its flavor he broke thermodynamics
Maybe it's parasitic. It never loses its flavor because you eventually die from having your nutrients stolen by it.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: December 19, 2011, 03:53:23 pm »

So I thought the way the gnomes waved their fists was funny and looked familiar, and then I realized

Another reference.  Damn these guys are good.
Shoes...

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: December 19, 2011, 04:28:09 pm »

Yeah, it's pretty amazing just how far afield some of the references go, and the funny stuff they do with some of them.  Like the Magical Badass Jacket.

Man, is there any reason not to take perception?  Leading mobs into traps is my primary weapon until about Level 3.  Then again, maybe I should stop trying for weaponless builds.

Right now, I'm well on my way to a Second Flood Death with an Unarmed-Berserk guy.  Doesn't even matter what his other skills are, I'm just stomping everything out of my way.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: December 19, 2011, 05:22:57 pm »

*sigh* I just died while invisible to unlisted damage (hint: I didn't take any) because "A buff wore off", while I was not buffed. I'm guessing there's a bug that kills you when you take stairs while invisible? Seems like I've found most of the others, too.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: December 19, 2011, 05:45:59 pm »

Getting enemies to stomp on traps is my go-to tactic for most early GR games, until I can get a couple levels.  I usually do it with Dodging though, because Knightly Leap.

Also, Maces-Dodging-Dualwielding-Golemancy-Perception-Archaeologist-Smithing!  Maxed smithing, one level of perception, Archaeologist, Golemancy, and two for Dodging.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 06:21:21 pm by Farce »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: December 19, 2011, 05:46:59 pm »

Do want  that scarf.

Just watch out for high places.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: December 19, 2011, 09:31:54 pm »

Holy fuck this game knows how to hit below the belt.  I can't think of any roguelikes that punch you in the back of the head like this one.  I had the Shrike's Ring (+5 piercing damage, +15 counter, +5 block), Orcslayer the Slayer of Orcs (The greatest sword to ever be a sword), and a randart assassin's crossbow with a shitload of stats, stepped on an acid bolt trap, gg, I had no means of saving myself.

I'd even maxed out perception for eye lasers.

It seems like a kind of punctuated difficulty.  There's long stretches where you're basically just walking through the bad guys, no trouble, then there'll be a fight where you have to pull out all the stops to survive, then another stretch of nothing.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 09:34:31 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: December 19, 2011, 09:44:27 pm »

It seems like a kind of punctuated difficulty.  There's long stretches where you're basically just walking through the bad guys, no trouble, then there'll be a fight where you have to pull out all the stops to survive, then another stretch of nothing.

I had a fight where, after going through most of the second floor without going below 40 HP, all of a sudden I found myself getting thrashed by a freakin' Enraged Diggle group-leader with a nasty set of fire-based buffs.  I was actually running around with 1 HP for a could turns, and killing him was a good gamble less than a strategy.

Luckily, I didn't make the same mistake when I finally opened a Zoo.  Took two teleporting potions, a half-dozen Ampule bolts, my entire supply of Dire Sandwiches and regen-mushrooms, quite a few traps, and exactly two Bolts of Mass Destruction.  Close, really close.

Now I'm regularly finding myself in iffy fights on Floor 3, because Octos are bastards.  I'm not in a tremendous amount of danger, it's just every fight feels like the game is deliberately trying to gank me.  Oh well, I have the best craftable suit of armor in the game (Embossed Serpentine Platemail), the Vampire Hunter's Hat, a kilt and champion's belt, a Doubleplus Crossbow, and a Cybertronic amulet.  43 Block Chance, 19 Armor Absorption, a crapload of resistances, and 21 Melee Damage.  I'm running out of trump cards, but I'm still a god for now.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 90