Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 90

Author Topic: Dungeons of Dredmor - Patch 1.1.2 is available  (Read 183341 times)

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeons of Dredmor - Lutefisk for the Lutefisk God
« Reply #795 on: December 19, 2011, 04:04:36 am »

How do you get this to work with the Steam shift+tab overlay and screenshots? Also, expect an interactive adventure of this in the play with your buddies subforum.
By creating a gobstopper that never loses its flavor he broke thermodynamics
Maybe it's parasitic. It never loses its flavor because you eventually die from having your nutrients stolen by it.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: December 19, 2011, 04:23:52 am »

It needs to be in opengl mode. Go to set launch options and in the little box type "-opengl" without the quotes.

Should work flawlessly. Though it's noted as experimental.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: December 19, 2011, 04:56:56 am »

What little box?
Maybe it's parasitic. It never loses its flavor because you eventually die from having your nutrients stolen by it.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: December 19, 2011, 05:09:24 am »

Holy crap, I cannot stop playing this game.  No matter how many times I die to a Sickly Diggle within the first 100 turns, every time I get a character who manages to survive the starting hurdle, Hell yeah boy.

One question, for people who've been keeping up with the game for a while.  I just bought it as part of the Humble Bundle a few days ago, and according to the wiki it was a pretty big update.  Supposedly this update included Wand Crafting by way of the n-Dimensional Lathe.  But the wiki is mum on information about it, and in my game at least, the Lathe is worth $0, does nothing, and crashed my game the first time I tried to use it.  Any word on what the deal there is, and when it might become functional?
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: December 19, 2011, 05:15:03 am »

AFAIK there's no update for the Bundler's till early this week
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: December 19, 2011, 05:20:31 am »

Holy crap, I cannot stop playing this game.  No matter how many times I die to a Sickly Diggle within the first 100 turns, every time I get a character who manages to survive the starting hurdle, Hell yeah boy.

HOW THE FUCK DO YOU KEEP DOING THAAAATTTT.

What little box?

Lemme hack up a little diagram really fast.

If you don't know how to get the windows up at all just right click the game and pick propertys.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: December 19, 2011, 05:23:21 am »

Aah, It works now.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: December 19, 2011, 05:38:36 am »

One question, for people who've been keeping up with the game for a while.  I just bought it as part of the Humble Bundle a few days ago, and according to the wiki it was a pretty big update.  Supposedly this update included Wand Crafting by way of the n-Dimensional Lathe.  But the wiki is mum on information about it, and in my game at least, the Lathe is worth $0, does nothing, and crashed my game the first time I tried to use it.  Any word on what the deal there is, and when it might become functional?

The crash has apparently been fixed now. There was a crash related to all the crafting items (based on the new crafting system with the hueg updaet). When you opened the lathe, did it have no recipes, and crash when you hit any of the buttons in the crafting menu? Because it sounds like that. Unless this was just in the last one or two days, in which case it's a different crash? I guess?

I haven't actually played a wandcrafting build yet (although it could be fun), and I haven't sold or bought a lathe, so I can't comment on the other stuff. Although some items (lutefisk cube, I think) have 0 cost, I'm not sure if that's intentional or not, but it seems it's not related to the crash. I wouldn't be surprised if there were some lingering bugs though, since it got a complete overhaul and Gaslamp...tends to notice a fair amount of bugs after public release.

Also yeah, wiki hasn't caught up to 1.08 + Diggle Gods yet, and that makes me sad. I'm almost tempted to stop being selfish and contribute. It's a pretty good wiki otherwise.

EDIT EDIT EDIT: If you're playing the non-Steam Humble Bundle version, it's probably 1.07, in which case the bug will not be fixed. La.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 05:44:19 am by kinseti »

Rhodan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: December 19, 2011, 07:53:36 am »

If you've bought the Humble Bundle version you can go get the Steam key from the download page.  Unless you don't wish to use Steam, in which case that won't really help much.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: December 19, 2011, 09:57:03 am »

So, it turns out Shove and Nerve Staple were actually nerfed. Both the knockback and miss-a-turn effects of Shove seem to be resisted seperately - resisting the latter being more difficult than the former - and Nerve Staple is now unreliable and thereby not an effective way of dealing with tough melee enemies. Both are now pretty useless past dungeon level 8.

Luckily, it turns out there's a new flag-carrier for the broken build: Emomancy. Love Will Teleport Us Apart is entirely nonresistable. Combined with some way of causing burn and The Cure, you can safely just stand still and watch everything die while healing any AoE/DoT damage and teleporting away anything that gets into melee range. Having trouble with ranged enemies? Not to worry, Emomancy has an antimagic cloud spell as well.

It also seems that Big Game Hunter is the new poor man's cheese skill as it renders Vampirism extremely powerful via giving you unlimited animal minions to feed on.

I think the Lathe uses Alchemy as its craft skill, and it definitely uses burnt-out wands as reagents.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: December 19, 2011, 10:08:07 am »

There is now no wand use skill, only the wand crafting skill. Burnt out wands are a part of every wand recipe.

It most certainly does not use alchemy skill.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: December 19, 2011, 10:10:10 am »

My first character to last until Dungeon Level 6 (and character level 15) died due to my own incompetence (namely, stepping through multiple traps as I was absconding from a burning monster zoo). She had the following skills:

Staves, Psionics, Promethean Magic, Blood Magic, Magic Training, Perception, Wandcrafting.

My strategy for the first four dungeon levels was lay down fire traps and blow things up.
My strategy for the next two dungeon levels was throw fireballs and blow things up.

Seriously, with blood mana I could take out zoos without ever dipping below 45 mana. Crazy stuff. However, it was a pretty cheap/boring strategy.

What really made the run is that I found a Metal Orby Staff with EVEN MORE Magic Power boosting than normal. That helped a lot.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 10:50:04 am by freeformschooler »

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: December 19, 2011, 10:45:23 am »

I got the expansion, and proceeded to do a dual wielding werediggle berserker smith with master of arms . Monster zoos are hard, but werediggle stuff gives so much resists and armour and damage, and rage gives even more armour and damage. Once I get rolling in rage bonuses, I am literally untouchable and 1 shot everything that doesnt have a lot of elemental damage.

Well, until my werediggle runs out. After that I am semi fucked, as I have dropped all of my points into it. But somehow I still kick ass.

Myroc

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking Skeleton
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: December 19, 2011, 12:51:44 pm »

Okay, Leywalking is really freaking ridiculous now. The newly introduced second skill pretty much means you will never run out of mana ever again, as long as you use it somewhat frequently. It's crazy enough that using Dragon's Breath and Rune of Exploding as my main form of attack is a viable option.
We all have problems. Some people just have more awesome problems than others.
Getting angry is fun. Getting angry over petty things even better.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: December 19, 2011, 12:54:56 pm »

Wait...

You arent supposed to do that?

I always get blood mage and promethean and kill everything with runes of exploding when I play a mage.

Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 90