Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 90

Author Topic: Dungeons of Dredmor - Patch 1.1.2 is available  (Read 183358 times)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeons of Dredmor - Lutefisk for the Lutefisk God
« Reply #765 on: December 14, 2011, 02:05:39 pm »

The BoMD wouldnt've done much anyway. Last time I tried doing that, I shot him with at least three then threw a Holy Hand Grenade at him, and he was still above 50% health.

Yeah, he's been really buffed from what I hear. I plan to keep a safe distance with highest-tier Promethean spells.

Right now I'm on dungeon level 4 on Dwarvish with No Time To Grind. I don't know what it is but it feels a little too easy compared to non-NTTG games. I might have to switch to GR if I keep going like this without taking a scratch.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: December 14, 2011, 03:13:15 pm »

Yeah, it's awesome, albeit a bit easy.

On the other hand, it's the first roguelike I've beaten, without wizard or exploration mode or somesuch.

Myroc

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking Skeleton
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: December 14, 2011, 03:50:40 pm »

The BoMD wouldnt've done much anyway. Last time I tried doing that, I shot him with at least three then threw a Holy Hand Grenade at him, and he was still above 50% health.
What difficulty was this? On Going Rogue I pretty much killed him with one bolt, he didn't die instantly but he soon succumbed to the flames afterwards. I didn't even have a decent crossbow!

Seriously, I find Dredmor to be incredibly underwhelming. He's never been any sort of trouble to me at all, as long as I can reach him I can off him without any real problems.
We all have problems. Some people just have more awesome problems than others.
Getting angry is fun. Getting angry over petty things even better.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: December 14, 2011, 03:54:20 pm »

Flames are broken. Being set on fire is non-resistable and the damage it does is percentile based (this is yet another reason why Psionics is broken, but it applies to Necro/Pyromancy as well). You can just set Dredmor on fire a couple of times and run away for an instant win.

And yes, that was on GR.

Myroc

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking Skeleton
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: December 14, 2011, 03:59:52 pm »

Well that explains it then. He still seems unnervingly easy, though. I'm honestly more wary of arch-diggles whenever I'm in Pandemonium.
We all have problems. Some people just have more awesome problems than others.
Getting angry is fun. Getting angry over petty things even better.

Haschel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: December 14, 2011, 11:13:24 pm »

EDIT/WARNING: A friend mentioned to me he had issues buying this as it may not technically have been released yet. Purchase at your own risk.

DLC appears to have dropped on Steam.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 12:04:36 am by Haschel »

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: December 15, 2011, 12:13:07 am »

Something terrible has happened.  Dungeons of Dredmor no longer works for me on Steam.  I open it, I see that little gray box that says it's loading, and that's it.  Nothing happens.  I can technically still play the game, if I navigate to the actual folder and run the game's executable, but then I'm not on steam so I don't get achievements or any of that and it doesn't say I'm playing on Steam.  That's just unacceptable.

Anybody know what I could do?
Shoes...

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: December 15, 2011, 12:30:26 am »

Something terrible has happened.  Dungeons of Dredmor no longer works for me on Steam.  I open it, I see that little gray box that says it's loading, and that's it.  Nothing happens.  I can technically still play the game, if I navigate to the actual folder and run the game's executable, but then I'm not on steam so I don't get achievements or any of that and it doesn't say I'm playing on Steam.  That's just unacceptable.

Anybody know what I could do?

Steam was down for some "unscheduled maintenance". I was having the same problem with another game, and when I tried restarting Steam it locked up at the 'synching to Steam Cloud" thing. Seems to be resolved now though.

DLC appears to have dropped on Steam.

YESSSSSS. And...bought.
/EDIT: FUUUUU-- It's not installing apparently it's not ready yet.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 12:48:49 am by kinseti »

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: December 15, 2011, 01:45:33 am »

So I've been messing around with a sword/smith/heavy armor and stuff build. Also it has burglary for usefulness. Doing pretty well so far, I actually got past the second floor. It was also on NTTG though so that may have something to do with it.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: December 15, 2011, 05:02:48 am »

I'll have to try to get that DLC. The thing is, I've had problems with trying to buy things on Steam in Europe.
By creating a gobstopper that never loses its flavor he broke thermodynamics
Maybe it's parasitic. It never loses its flavor because you eventually die from having your nutrients stolen by it.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: December 15, 2011, 09:48:36 am »

Looks like the DLC is going up today for real. It's already on the store but (according to gaslamp) not properly functional. Time to get my other bro her Christmas present.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: December 15, 2011, 10:09:32 am »

Still no HiB patch  >:(

Mind you, I'm just annoyed, not genuinelly angry, as the guys behind gaslamp games do seem to have good will towards these things (eg: the game and the DLC are dirt cheap, and they keep adding content for free in patches, unlike some others I could name *cough* positech*ahem*, but the HiB affair was a bit of a mess, what with the linux crashes, and the 1.08 delay.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 10:12:37 am by ChairmanPoo »
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: December 15, 2011, 10:21:41 am »

Still no HiB patch  >:(

Mind you, I'm just annoyed, not genuinelly angry, as the guys behind gaslamp games do seem to have good will towards these things (eg: the game and the DLC are dirt cheap, and they keep adding content for free in patches, unlike some others I could name *cough* positech*ahem*, but the HiB affair was a bit of a mess, what with the linux crashes, and the 1.08 delay.

Team Meat is even worse. "You know all those things we told you we would do Very Soon (TM)? Well screw you. We're going to ignore it because we decided we wanted to work on something else."

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: December 15, 2011, 10:33:04 am »

Guys guys guys. I have a solution for something that was discussed long ago. Is Dredmor too slow-paced even with animations all the way up for you? Use this. Try to resist cheating, and instead attach it to the Dredmor process, click "enable speedhack" and enter 1.5 and hit apply. Dredmor now runs at nearly a regular roguelike's pace. Isn't that great? I discovered this when my Fire Wyrm summon was taking forever with its attacks and slowing down my dungeon exploring when fighting.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: December 15, 2011, 05:48:34 pm »

DLC is working now, by the way. Just tried it out and went into a mysterious portal. That was a short game.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 90