Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 90

Author Topic: Dungeons of Dredmor - Patch 1.1.2 is available  (Read 183396 times)

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeons of Dredmor - Lutefisk for the Lutefisk God
« Reply #750 on: December 12, 2011, 08:50:14 pm »

Okay, Psionics is definitely better than it was. Pyro + Shove + maxed Blood Magic + lvl 4 Vampirism = infinite mana, area lockdown on demand, high direct damage and massive DOT potential. Even if something's seriously bothering you there's absolutely nothing stopping you from shoving it onto a far platform/behind solid objects/through a door and dealing with it later. Bar some random bullshit (or another serious beefing up of Dredmor), this run looks to be a free win for me.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 08:51:46 pm by 3 »

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: December 12, 2011, 08:51:17 pm »

Word of warning: If you craft anything, be sure to scroll the crafting window back to the top. It's a known bug and I think they said they're releasing a hotfix. After not scrolling back to the top, any time a different crafting tool is opened, you may see an empty recipe book. The game may crash upon attempting to scroll at that point in time.

I find it amusing that diggles may shout "FUS RO DAH" now.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 09:01:51 pm by Mephisto »

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: December 12, 2011, 09:17:32 pm »

Okay, Psionics is definitely better than it was. Pyro + Shove + maxed Blood Magic + lvl 4 Vampirism = infinite mana, area lockdown on demand, high direct damage and massive DOT potential. Even if something's seriously bothering you there's absolutely nothing stopping you from shoving it onto a far platform/behind solid objects/through a door and dealing with it later. Bar some random bullshit (or another serious beefing up of Dredmor), this run looks to be a free win for me.

I still can't complain much though about overpowered skills, because honestly, I'm not a master of the game so on higher dungeon levels I'll take all the cheap tactics I can get.

Did the Eel monsters always shoot those acid bolt attacks? I remember Shoving one to death over a period of about 100-200 turns a few weeks ago. Wasn't able to fight back. Now I tried that just for kicks and after about 30 turns it shot this acid type attack directly at me, killing me within 2 turns somehow. I didn't catch all of it.

Word of warning: If you craft anything, be sure to scroll the crafting window back to the top. It's a known bug and I think they said they're releasing a hotfix. After not scrolling back to the top, any time a different crafting tool is opened, you may see an empty recipe book. The game may crash upon attempting to scroll at that point in time.

Yeah, and it stays between saves apparently, so you might get stuck like that in some situations. Oh well. They're good about the hotfixes.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: December 12, 2011, 09:31:04 pm »

The Desura version was forgotten or something, we didn't get an update :(
I bought it so I could easily play on Linux, but now it looks like it backfired.

Sadness!
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: December 12, 2011, 09:43:36 pm »

The Desura version was forgotten or something, we didn't get an update :(
I bought it so I could easily play on Linux, but now it looks like it backfired.

Sadness!

They've been talking about this on their twitter, it should be a day or so.

Haschel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: December 12, 2011, 09:44:59 pm »

When I first reloaded my save after taking a break from Dredmor for a few months, I was surprised to have a magma eel (That was stuck in the floor hilariously) spit a fireball at me. So yeah apparently eels do that now, not sure at what point exactly that was introduced.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: December 12, 2011, 10:03:08 pm »

Would have been really great if I'd known this a few hours ago :( This is why I should always wait a few days before playing dredmor patches.

When I first reloaded my save after taking a break from Dredmor for a few months, I was surprised to have a magma eel (That was stuck in the floor hilariously) spit a fireball at me. So yeah apparently eels do that now, not sure at what point exactly that was introduced.

They've been able to do that for a while, at least before this latest update. Can be deadly if you find the room on the first floor with the Lutefisk cube and two Eels. I still find that some are too stupid to figure it out though and just sort of float around as I pepper them with plastic bolts.

Edit! I just realized that Gaslamp Games is operating out of Victoria. Like an hour's drive from here. Never in my wildest dreams could I have hoped it would be this easy to stalk them.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 12:23:12 am by kinseti »

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: December 13, 2011, 12:40:07 am »

Awww.  I can't expand my inventory with crafting items, and the success of crafting skills is based on RNG now?  :<

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: December 13, 2011, 07:13:46 am »

I hate the crafting system, so I stick to mushrooms.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #759 on: December 14, 2011, 06:14:34 am »

Oh man, No time to grind mode solved the only problem I had with this game, which was progression felt too slow. And the crafting menu is nice now too.

And I've never failed a crafting recipe Farce, so I'm not sure. I guess it might? It's not terrible if it is though.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: December 14, 2011, 01:36:55 pm »

I think the crafting fail means you can only make things you've found recipes for, which is RNG-based. That or the crafting menu crash, which is even more annoying.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #761 on: December 14, 2011, 01:39:33 pm »

I think the crafting fail means you can only make things you've found recipes for, which is RNG-based.
This. You won't 'fail' to craft something but you can only craft something you've found the recipe for.

HLBeta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: December 14, 2011, 01:53:43 pm »

Got to the bottom floor for the first time. Found Dredmor. Readied my specially saved bolt of mass destruction. Miss-clicked, causing my idiot character to move and get one-shotted by a legendary arch-diggle. With permadeath on.

Kill me now.
... and then it explodes!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: December 14, 2011, 01:55:36 pm »

Got to the bottom floor for the first time. Found Dredmor. Readied my specially saved bolt of mass destruction. Miss-clicked, causing my idiot character to move and get one-shotted by a legendary arch-diggle. With permadeath on.
Welcome to Roguelike YASDs.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: December 14, 2011, 01:56:25 pm »

The BoMD wouldnt've done much anyway. Last time I tried doing that, I shot him with at least three then threw a Holy Hand Grenade at him, and he was still above 50% health.
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 90