Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 90

Author Topic: Dungeons of Dredmor - Patch 1.1.2 is available  (Read 183465 times)

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
Re: Dungeons of Dredmor - Lutefisk for the Lutefisk God
« Reply #705 on: October 20, 2011, 09:11:30 pm »

Man this game steals your life from you in rapid fashion if you mess up even on elves just wanna have fun.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: October 24, 2011, 05:50:36 pm »

I wrote a build. It's mostly broken. Try it.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #707 on: October 25, 2011, 01:30:04 am »

Oh yeah, I was just making a random fact statement. :P

I might give it a shot if I get tired of getting killed. So far still looking through skill trees.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: October 29, 2011, 04:07:20 pm »

Best character I've had so far after owning the game for 24 hours just died because I overestimated a monster zoo..I had Fungal Arts up to level 2, and Burglary up to the Move in Mysterious Ways. (Along with various points in other skills.)

I had TONS of mushrooms and lockpicks, and thinking back I should've simply locked up everything and flung my tinkered grenades at them. Instead I just ate mushrooms, teleported away, and then died from something long-range, I think.

I am horrible at taking time to think things out :(
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #709 on: October 29, 2011, 05:03:30 pm »

Yeah, usually if floor 3 in general doesn't kill me, it's the monster zoo on floor 3.

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: October 29, 2011, 11:42:59 pm »

Just died on my most successful character yet to level 4 by an acid trap. A pity, too.
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #711 on: October 30, 2011, 05:21:37 am »

Those acid traps are really nasty, take it slow if you're trying to disarm them. They can take a hefty chunk of life not counting the DoT.

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: October 30, 2011, 07:17:46 am »

My last death was to an acid bolt gargoyle on the first floor. I've never seen one not on a one-space-wide walkway. Plus I had vampirism so I couldn't heal from it after the first time I passed...
Everybody!

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: October 30, 2011, 08:20:29 am »

Those acid traps are really nasty, take it slow if you're trying to disarm them. They can take a hefty chunk of life not counting the DoT.

Yeah, I kinda forgot about that when I tried to disarm it twice.
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: October 30, 2011, 03:40:23 pm »

is there a hotkey for making lutefisk in the lutefisk cube? It is kind of exhausting to drag 200 items into the cube.
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #715 on: October 30, 2011, 04:18:28 pm »

Not yet, but I remember readin somewhere in the Something Awful topic that there might be a hotkey for it next version? Not sure, but it sounded like that's what they were talking about.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: October 30, 2011, 04:49:02 pm »

Probably not, but is there a button to send a held object in hand to the inventory?

Running a Fungal Artist AND a Burglar summon items every 30 turns, it's quite annoying to have to move them each time. If you hold an object while summoning one though, it goes directly into the right place in the inventory.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: October 30, 2011, 06:32:15 pm »

Clicking on yourself while holding something puts it in the proper inventory stack. Shift clicking auto-loots something to the first available inventory slot.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: November 27, 2011, 05:06:37 pm »

Just had a YASD worthy of Nethack.

I had started a new game on DM (having played exclusively on GR prior) because I didn't feel in the right frame of mind for actually playing carefully. D:1 was going extremely well; thanks to the relaxed item prices of DM and a fair bit of luck, I'd gotten 13k gold by 3/4ths of the way through the level. I then found a large shop with an Armored Archmage's Robe, Clockwork Power-limb and a few other nice things besides. From that point on I was basically set for a win... or so I thought.

After entering to sell some things a little later on I got hit by a mob (which I swear spawned right behind me) while standing next to Brax with Radiant Aura on. Sure, we've all had that happen before. I spam Shove until I - after using half my booze - eventually get him out of the shop. This turns out to be a bad idea, because it prompts Dreads to spawn. Another shove and the shop entrance's blocked with a pedestal, but two Dreads are already inside. The robe's just a couple of steps away, so I take it, hoping it'll protect me if I end up having to tank a hit. The Dreads go down fairly easily (thanks to the wonders of Deathly Hex), and I didn't even have to use much of my remaining resources.

I take one step towards the limb and immediately keel over from the necropain brought on from the robe's +5 magic. GG Brax.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: November 28, 2011, 04:12:36 am »

This is on sale for 2.50 on steam, I just picked it up because of this topic :)
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 01:10:48 pm by Wiles »
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 90