Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 90

Author Topic: Dungeons of Dredmor - Patch 1.1.2 is available  (Read 183451 times)

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeons of Dredmor - Lutefisk for the Lutefisk God
« Reply #645 on: September 04, 2011, 08:21:46 pm »

My MO in Rogue difficulty is to get Knightly Leap ASAP and then abuse traps by making enemies stomp on them.  That lockdown ability the stealing skilltree gives is pretty awesome for that too - lockdown'd a genie questboss on floor 1 in front of a gargoyle trap and then just walked back and forth on the pressure plate.  ...He got loose, but I managed to do it again and kill him anyway.  That character had basically no direct offensive ability, either - crossbow chara, but ran out of bolts.

Batties are my nemeses in those sorts of runs... they're pretty tanky, and can't step on traps.

PrimusRibbus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: September 06, 2011, 06:10:36 pm »

Hmm, seems that 1.0.5 didn't add mod support. Otherwise, it's a great patch.
grammar is for essays and letters and second FREEDOM TO POST except obscene material
THE ONLY THING THAT'S GONNA GRIND IN THIS GAME IS YOUR ASS ON THE PAVEMENT

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: September 07, 2011, 03:02:28 am »

Hmm, seems that 1.0.5 didn't add mod support. Otherwise, it's a great patch.

Yeah I just played it for a few hours, the extra stats for warriors (due to bugfixing) makes a huge difference. My dual-wielding master of arms has 100 hp, during leveling I had double the health of my old warrior characters. MUCH more enjoyable now. I also noticed even amateur tinkers make a decent number of bolts; if you find some tinker's goggles to get level 1 tinkering, 1 copper ingot makes 9 copper bolts.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: September 07, 2011, 03:32:52 am »

I really have to give this another go, I got distracted by higher budget titles. The release version was super fun, but every patch seems to fix a slew of problems. And also, every changelog is entertaining to read.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: September 07, 2011, 04:06:50 am »

I've been busy bashing things with a proper warrior, but from what I've heard the alchemy changes were mostly about preventing people from making a fruitful staff, then taking the fruit it made and making hundreds of booze from it and having permanent max mana regen. You can still make a lot of booze, just not that close to infinite.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: September 07, 2011, 04:37:40 pm »

New patch purged the contents of my Lutefisk Cube  :'(
Well at least I have a lot of piercing resistance now.

And the new Brax sprite is awesome :D

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: September 07, 2011, 04:51:50 pm »

For what it's worth, probably best to avoid the Digest button. It lights up when you have the food buff, clicking it auto-skips turns until the food buff wears off. BUT, it won't cancel if you get attacked. Ate a deep omelet on floor 7 and a golem wandered in from the fog of war and punched me to death over 30 turns or so. Oh well. Time to try a mage.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: September 07, 2011, 08:35:20 pm »

Maybe it was just the named one I fought in the level 2 zoo, but holy hell, Unfriendly AIs are tough now. The thing only took 1-2 damage from each hit of my slinky flail. Does this mean pure melee characters are almost completely nonviable now? I hope I find a Zodiacal wand somewhere around here... or any wand before level 3, even.

Edit: Yeah, it was just that one with the absurd physical resists. Whew.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 08:58:17 pm by 3 »

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: September 08, 2011, 07:11:11 am »

I've been having fun slowly going through the first and second level so far; haven't died yet but had a close call when I opened up a room full of fun. Thirty minutes, lots of food items, and countless numbers of satanic teleporter abuse later, I managed to clear the second floor.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

postal83

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: September 08, 2011, 11:00:20 am »

I've been having a lot of fun with this game.  Bought it a week ago, and never even realized it was patched!  Last night I was kicking as (dual wielding axe warrior).  I used to die a lot but is my new found awesomeness a result of the patch or am I just finally getting strong enough to stay afloat?

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: September 08, 2011, 12:14:14 pm »

The patch seems to have made the early game a lot easier, unless I've just been getting ridiculously lucky. That might be due to things that weren't working properly getting fixed (such as dual wielding bonuses).

I just had a moment of fridge brilliance. Take a look at the carrot enemies' attack animation.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: September 08, 2011, 12:30:51 pm »

I find Thurstys attack animation slightly disturbing.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #657 on: September 08, 2011, 12:31:49 pm »

I find Thurstys attack animation slightly disturbing.
That's the point, I imagine.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: September 08, 2011, 12:57:18 pm »

Also I can craft a 'Fine Steel Sword' or a 'Blue Steel Sword'.
The fine one is better and can be upgraded, but the blue one is worth more. Is the information regarding the stats incorrect?

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: September 08, 2011, 01:06:02 pm »

The stats are always correct, but the ten-star rating isn't (it seems to be manually set for one thing and also seems to take price/rarity into account). There's nothing special about the blue steel sword; it's only useful if you're short on steel to make a fine sword with.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 90