Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 90

Author Topic: Dungeons of Dredmor - Patch 1.1.2 is available  (Read 183404 times)

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeons of Dredmor - Lutefisk for the Lutefisk God
« Reply #525 on: July 20, 2011, 07:18:40 pm »

Replace Vamp with Burgalary. Vamp is harder mode.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: July 20, 2011, 07:19:57 pm »

HOLY F*CKING SH*T. Why do I not own this already? MUST BUY!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #527 on: July 20, 2011, 08:13:37 pm »

Vamp is easy mode. You heal every hit, usually for more than the enemy does, and at level 2 you can eat corpses for hitpoints. EZMODE

KrunkSplein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: July 20, 2011, 08:50:07 pm »

Vamp is easy mode. You heal every hit, usually for more than the enemy does, and at level 2 you can eat corpses for hitpoints. EZMODE

I had a reply all thought out for this, talking about how a mediocre build with Vamp goes bad, but a decent build with Vamp goes great.  Then I couldn't stop staring at your avatar, and the words left.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: July 20, 2011, 08:51:08 pm »

I had a reply all thought out for this, talking about how a mediocre build with Vamp goes bad, but a decent build with Vamp goes great.  Then I couldn't stop staring at your avatar, and the words left.

Yeah, forsaken. Your avatar just sets the trains of thought on fire.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: July 20, 2011, 09:34:44 pm »

There's no other way to heal, and you can't booze.

I think it blocks pots and shrooms too.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Tres_Huevos

• Bay Watcher
  • All I want for Christmas are your two front teeth.
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: July 20, 2011, 09:43:33 pm »

I do believe I once used a fairywodger mushroom with a vampire character, and it healed him. Anyway, if you get crystal healing your out of combat healing needs are easily met, and in combat, well, I've killed off a monster zoo standing out in the open with a vampire character. He healed so fast from combat that he did fine even when surrounded on all sides. However, this was before they fixed ranged attacks; I doubt he'd fare so well now without using a bit more tactics.

Haschel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: July 20, 2011, 09:58:05 pm »

Anyone tried out the new crossbow/throwing recovery rates? Thinking about trying that out on my next character.
Vampirism
Blood Magic
Necro
Assassination
Artful Dodger
Unarmed
Zerker Rage
I seriously don't recommend Necro. Yeah, it has nice damage output, but the debilitating effects are awful and it doesn't do anything unique that every other magic class can't do better. Also mixing necro with vampirism seems like a possibly bad idea. Yeah you don't have to self damage with necro, but you basically won't have anything worth casting until the second level bare minimum (either eating corpses to counter-act self damage, or the second necro spell which drains mana like crazy)

Denzi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: July 20, 2011, 10:30:44 pm »

I think someone on the dev team said the new recovery rates are 5/10/15%, but there is a rumor it only works on your killing bolts(and from what I've seen, it looks like that is the truth)

On the note of crossbow/throwing builds, I fully recommend any such build take Viking Magic and Blood Magic, regardless of other skills. Why? Well Viking magic offers a very nice damage add at zero skill points, and has another (my guess) damage add in the fourth slot. Unfortunately buffs require one mana every eight turns, which is enough to cancel out your normal mana regen. Which is why you get blood magic. You do not lose charges of the base Viking Magic buff unless you attack a target in melee. So pop that buff on and throw to your hearts content with a permanent +2 electricity damage! You'll regen a full mana pool after a few kills with a thrown weapon.

And if you do what my first character did and get Viking Magic/Blood Magic/Crossbow then by level 3 (when you have 'Prince of Crossbows' and have the huge ranged damage adds from that line) you will easily be one-shotting most monsters on the first level... This is without a good crossbow and any damage add equipment too (crossbow was a crude steel)

Also... Does anyone know if the crossbow line adds damage to thrown weapons? I know the damage type stacks with the piercing damage of a crossbow, but I never get any damage reports for throwing unlike with melee attacks, so I can't test and find out easily.

Edit: Mana pool, not pull. Boy I'm too tired for talking
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 10:40:19 pm by Denzi »

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: July 20, 2011, 10:45:41 pm »

One nice thing about the vamp life steal is that it works on ANY melee-weapon based attack, including the AOE skills. As long as it's based on a sword, axe, mace, staff, or hand-to-hand (the only one I'm slightly unsure of is staff, and that's only because I don't know the staff skills) you get healed by it.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

joey4track

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: July 20, 2011, 11:42:23 pm »

It's pretty annoying but you can just drop your lockpicks before you open any door to save them for chests. Does anyone else do this..?

Haschel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: July 20, 2011, 11:53:50 pm »

Hmm. Very disappointed by ranged skills still. Out of curiosity, anyone have a good "rogue" sort of character that did well (IE: survived at least second floor)? Doesn't have to include archery or throwing, just something that isn't obviously a mage or standard melee warrior.
It's pretty annoying but you can just drop your lockpicks before you open any door to save them for chests. Does anyone else do this..?
Can't say I do, but if I don't have the Burglary skill for infinite lockpicks, I usually just smash everything with reckless abandon. Lesser men might lament the loss of phat lewt, but I survey my destruction with pride. 'Cause I smashed it up good.

Contrite 17

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: July 21, 2011, 02:34:47 am »

Is going past unliving wall in golemancy worth it?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #538 on: July 21, 2011, 07:37:21 am »

There's no other way to heal, and you can't booze.

I think it blocks pots and shrooms too.
Shrooms and potions work normally. Please check your information if you don't know what you're talking about. The only thing Vamp blocks is healing over time from food items.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 08:14:47 am by forsaken1111 »

Wravburn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: July 21, 2011, 09:39:41 am »

Can't say I do, but if I don't have the Burglary skill for infinite lockpicks, I usually just smash everything with reckless abandon. Lesser men might lament the loss of phat lewt, but I survey my destruction with pride. 'Cause I smashed it up good.

I honestly can't play without burglary. It's not the chests that bother me, it's the doors. If I kick open a door, I can't close it. Closing the door to a monster zoo is invaluable. Nearly every char I play can use some preperation time, if only placing some traps and making sure I'm full health.
League of Legends
EU-west: Wash
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 90