Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 90

Author Topic: Dungeons of Dredmor - Patch 1.1.2 is available  (Read 183346 times)

Denzi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeons of Dredmor - Lutefisk for the Lutefisk God
« Reply #465 on: July 19, 2011, 10:56:40 pm »

On the topic of new objects and the like. I think that depends on two things really. First would be if they add support for modding that deep. Mostly because if they add modding, it would potentially give this game years of longevity. The second would be if they want to do DLC or not. I could totally see them making packs of ten-level dungeons that include new loot and skill trees for the price range of 3-5 dollars each (Potentially, these new dungeons could also go into a 'ultimate dungeon' mode, which basically stacks all the dungeons together and starts creating branching paths ala NetHack)

Personally I wouldn't be against spending another 5 dollars if they created a DLC with a similar level of content to the base game (3 dollars if it's just a bunch of new level textures and items though). Assuming of course they are not simply reusing art resources and etc.

Heck, I could see people being willing to pay for new player models and the like as well.

Of course, if they do go the DLC route I sincerely hope they don't make 'every' piece of new content DLC only. That would be painful.

Edit: Oh right mr. macduggan. I had a decent build going on pre-patch that involved Archery/Viking Magic/Promethean Magic/Magic Training/Blood Magic/Burglary/Tinkering. The idea was to keep Viking Magic up for the awesome ranged damage add (Which completely ruins your magic regen, hence the blood magic) while you have some solid magic spells to get you out of sticky situations (I rushed the pet dragon in Promethean Magic, then went for the first point in Archery for the ranged damage bonus)
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 11:01:00 pm by Denzi »

Carcanken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: July 19, 2011, 11:05:24 pm »

My steam isnt updating DOD and I use windows 7 can anybody help?  :'(

Denzi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: July 19, 2011, 11:08:31 pm »

For the annoying basics.... Try reloading steam and/or restarting your computer.

If that doesn't work, try right-click > Properties > Updates and set the updates to 'do not automatically update'. I can't help you past here,  but there should be an option then somewhere to make the game update

Another idea is to try to verify the game Cache

If none of those work, you could also delete the local game content and download it again. Though that might not be viable depending on your download rate.

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: July 19, 2011, 11:09:54 pm »

This game looks interesting. While it says on their site that it's been developed for Linux, I can't seem to find any information to that end on Steam. Has it been released for Linux yet or is that in the works?
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Denzi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: July 19, 2011, 11:14:25 pm »

I'm pretty sure even if it had been released on Linux, that Steam would not be the place you go to buy it(At least I do not believe Steam runs on Linux, does it? I know it was only in the last year or so they added Macs, so I figure they would have a big event if they branched out to Linux). Chances are they have another distributor for selling the Linux version. Honestly I hadn't heard of the Linux copy though, so I don't know.

mr. macduggan

• Bay Watcher
  • HEY! LISTEN! HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: July 19, 2011, 11:17:31 pm »

On the not updating front: if you are prepared to download the game again (it's not that big, and this process doesn't break save files, but the update will anyway so w/e) just right click the game in your steam library and "delete local content". Then just install the game again and it'll be updated.
Flooding the area with magma removes blood, dust, vomit, goo, mud, and dwarves.
Also, I'm composing digital music over in the Forum Games part of the forums!

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: July 19, 2011, 11:20:56 pm »

I'm pretty sure even if it had been released on Linux, that Steam would not be the place you go to buy it(At least I do not believe Steam runs on Linux, does it? I know it was only in the last year or so they added Macs, so I figure they would have a big event if they branched out to Linux). Chances are they have another distributor for selling the Linux version. Honestly I hadn't heard of the Linux copy though, so I don't know.

Linux copy still in the works, to be released non-steam, check the older blog post.

Rebecca Black

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: July 19, 2011, 11:33:12 pm »

Does anyone know if there's some kind of skill list out there? I don't own the game yet, but I'd like to see what skills I'll use when I do.  :)

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: July 19, 2011, 11:43:02 pm »

Does anyone know if there's some kind of skill list out there? I don't own the game yet, but I'd like to see what skills I'll use when I do.  :)

Auto-tune is not a skill.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: July 19, 2011, 11:56:40 pm »

That doesnt even answer her question.
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: July 20, 2011, 12:03:31 am »

I had gotten to floor 8, and I'm a little bit mad, though not at anyone in particular. I just sort of want my character back. Again, anyone have a fun build for me to try?

I was just playing character with Astrology (strictly for the OP first level spell), Archeology (for general ownage),  Alchemy (healing potions are surprisingly easy to stockpile), Dodge (because Knight-Jump is super handy), Swords (because swords), Dual Weapon Fighting (because counterattacks), and Golemancy (because obviously). He was pretty awesome, until a monster snuck up behind him in a shop and triggered his Aura of Radiance, which struck the shopkeeper with area damage.

FFFFFUUUUU--

I also had 300+ stacked softballs and hadn't found a lutefisk cube yet D: I'm going to retry that build, it really was working out pretty well.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: July 20, 2011, 02:52:47 am »

NICE update today, a ton of new crafts and no df player should pass up the goal of making a clockwork chainaxe(think chainsaw axe)
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: July 20, 2011, 02:59:30 am »

That doesnt even answer her question.

Sure it does. Just conduct a simple process of elimination.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: July 20, 2011, 04:12:04 am »

I just made the mistake of trying to put the lutefisk cube inside itself. I suppose I should've expected the outcome (though it would've been even better if it somehow turned all of your gear into lutefisk or something).

dbfuru

• Bay Watcher
  • TRICKINGGG
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube -Videos of my tricking progression-
« Reply #479 on: July 20, 2011, 04:19:21 am »

Just lost a promising character... Was my own fault really, I was using the new attack on move option where you attack/use on moving into something, anyway an enemy was on a door tile and I kept trying to attack the monster but it kept trying to shut the door, but it could not as it was blocked... so I accidentally wasted 3 turns trying to shut a door and I ended up dying. So I am taking a break now as it frustrated me so much.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 90