Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 90

Author Topic: Dungeons of Dredmor - Patch 1.1.2 is available  (Read 183226 times)

mr. macduggan

• Bay Watcher
  • HEY! LISTEN! HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeons of Dredmor - Lutefisk for the Lutefisk God
« Reply #330 on: July 17, 2011, 07:38:17 pm »

So, I just bought a 30,000 zorknid axe for my axe/mace dual wielder character. It's a Clockwork Chainaxe, and it does 24 slashing damage without any bonuses of any kind. I am sooo happy about this right now...

EDIT: Good lord. I'm doing 45 damage every hit with this setup. I think this is gonna work pretty well.  8) I'm only just starting dungeon level 3, so this is enough to oneshot every monster including many named dudes.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 07:43:36 pm by mr. macduggan »
Flooding the area with magma removes blood, dust, vomit, goo, mud, and dwarves.
Also, I'm composing digital music over in the Forum Games part of the forums!

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: July 17, 2011, 07:47:01 pm »

Pics or it didn't happen.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

em312s0n

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: July 17, 2011, 07:58:36 pm »

how would you even earn 30000?

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #333 on: July 17, 2011, 08:02:32 pm »

I have not tried it yet, but the level 3 Mathemagic spell turns monsters to gold, not sure if it drops bars or coins though, have not lived long enough to make it a priority over Golemancy, Magic training or bloodmagic.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

mr. macduggan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: July 17, 2011, 08:05:36 pm »

I sold everything and forsook the lutefisk god entirely  :P
Pics in a moment, people. In fact, since the first post, Krom has been kind to this weapon, so it's even better now.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 08:09:40 pm by mr. macduggan »

Haschel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: July 17, 2011, 08:06:20 pm »

This wasn't my first Zoo, but it's at least twice, maybe triple the size of ones I'd seen before. It made me laugh, but I'm also kind of sad because I'm pretty sure it won't be a challenge.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: July 17, 2011, 08:07:20 pm »

I sold everything and forsook the lutefisk god entirely  :P
Pics in a moment, people. In fact, since the first post, Krom has been kind to this weapon, so it's even better now.

I suspect he will become progressively less kind after you've misspelled his name.

mr. macduggan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: July 17, 2011, 08:10:06 pm »

The picture's up now, look in my last post.  8) 8) 8)
EDIT: this game's humor is awesome. When I got a new mace just now (marginally better than my flail I had in the last photo) the melee damage bar had to be extended to fit all of the types of damage being dealt. It just got more space haphazardly taped on, instead of expanding like a normal UI.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 08:15:51 pm by mr. macduggan »

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #338 on: July 17, 2011, 08:22:13 pm »

1) Vampires are awesome.
2) So is archaeology.
3) I just found this room:

In other news, how do you open the locked UberChests?  Sometimes they're open (Like in the cake room), sometimes they're locked.  I can never figure the locked ones out.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: July 17, 2011, 08:23:56 pm »

I know, I laughed the first time I saw it. And I couldn't bear to part with the tape so I made sure my damage types were many.

In other news, how do you open the locked UberChests?  Sometimes they're open (Like in the cake room), sometimes they're locked.  I can never figure the locked ones out.

Sometimes you can find levers. If you pull one and the message log says you hear the sounds of machinery, I believe that means an UberChest opened somewhere.

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: July 17, 2011, 08:27:26 pm »

I know, I laughed the first time I saw it. And I couldn't bear to part with the tape so I made sure my damage types were many.

Sometimes you can find levers. If you pull one and the message log says you hear the sounds of machinery, I believe that means an UberChest opened somewhere.

I found am Uberchest while I was trying out a rogue build(Which actually went pretty well). I managed to picklock an Uberchest.
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #341 on: July 17, 2011, 09:08:14 pm »

Doh! My best guy Aeiou the wizardly received his congratulations.

I have a new wizard ready to go: staff, artful dodger, golemancy, magical training, blood magic, fungal arts and ?.

I typically do Mathemagic, Archeology or smithing or promethian for that last one, but never got them above the first ability. Any suggestions, either from that list or others?

Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: July 17, 2011, 09:12:53 pm »

If you get lucky, you'll find a Bolt of Mass Destruction, and those sell for 5 digit numbers.

Get crossbow. If you get lucky, you'll find a tinker kit, and you can make tesla bolts.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: July 17, 2011, 09:13:51 pm »

I have a new wizard ready to go: staff, artful dodger, golemancy, magical training, blood magic, fungal arts and ?.

I typically do Mathemagic, Archeology or smithing or promethian for that last one, but never got them above the first ability. Any suggestions, either from that list or others?

Probrably go with Burgler. You can picklock chests without destroying the contents, and doors so you don't draw attention.
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

Haschel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: July 17, 2011, 09:26:57 pm »

If you feel like you want more firepower, Promethean magic works pretty nicely with golemancy but you do need to invest some points to get the most out of it. First level is ok for the first dungeon floor but mostly sucks afterwards. Second level is great damage but is a trap type same as golemancy level 1. Third is a summon which is a bit redundant for the build. Fourth is fireball which destroys everything so far as I've seen. I HIGHLY reccommend not going past fireball; the next two skills just aren't useful in comparison.

Also I had trouble finding a lutefisk altar, and ended up with a whopping 503 pieces by the time I found one. It gave me a -6 spell power armor and my guy is a pure mage. Words cannot express my anger.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 90