Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 90

Author Topic: Dungeons of Dredmor - Patch 1.1.2 is available  (Read 183169 times)

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
Re: Dungeons of Dredmor - Lutefisk for the Lutefisk God
« Reply #270 on: July 16, 2011, 07:25:28 pm »

This is the first game in a while that has gotten me to enjoy myself for a while.

I do have a question though... I have noticed several items completely surrounded by water, any way to get them? Does it require the level 4 Mathemagic teleport or a really lucky random teleport?

What do you get for sacrificing lutefisk?

Can quests be completed on the level they are given? or is it something that is completely random?
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: July 16, 2011, 07:32:41 pm »

There is a skill in the dodge tree that lets you teleport in a chess-board knight style that you can pickup the items on those islands.

You get a random artifact for sacrificing lutefisk.

All the quests I've seen are always on the same level I got them on.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: July 16, 2011, 07:47:35 pm »

I this the resolution crash bug people have been dealing with?
Fixed a crash which occurs when trying to change resolutions on computers with less than five resolutions.

Also, Levi, it took me waaaay too long to realize Knight's Leap teleported you in a L shape like how a chess knight moves.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: July 16, 2011, 07:55:34 pm »

Literally my best run yet, one hitting pretty much everything with dual maces and Viking magic.  I try to sell a potion of radiance to Brax and he one hits me.  WTF just happened here?
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: July 16, 2011, 08:30:37 pm »

You might have activated it on accident, and since it hits every square around you....
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: July 16, 2011, 09:05:47 pm »

Removed for certain reasons.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 09:33:57 pm by hitty40 »
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: July 16, 2011, 09:06:52 pm »

Does anyone know where I can probrably download this for free?

1.  Don't be so obvious.
2.  It's stupidly cheap.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: July 16, 2011, 09:09:28 pm »

Does anyone know where I can probrably download this for free?

1.  Don't be so obvious.
2.  It's stupidly cheap.

Sadly, I don't expect my dad to pay for it.
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: July 16, 2011, 09:30:09 pm »

... is currently 4.50 USD, or thereabouts. Go talk walk, pick up change off sidewalk. Find someone with credit card, give them $4.50.

Seriously, though, asking for pirated material is expressly against B12's rules o'conduct. Don't do that :-\
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: July 16, 2011, 09:35:57 pm »

My bad, then. I did not know.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: July 16, 2011, 10:37:23 pm »

... is currently 4.50 USD, or thereabouts. Go talk walk, pick up change off sidewalk. Find someone with credit card, give them $4.50.
Except that it won't matter to a lot of parents. Regardless whether it costs 2$ or 50$, regardless if their son/daughter can pay for it easy, its the fact its a online transaction that they have to deal with.

I have had my own income for quite some time now, so it has been a long time since I have asked for anything, but that seems like the general consensus :P

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: July 16, 2011, 10:40:05 pm »

Ok, I guess either I was paranoid, or horifficly stupid. My dad said he would, but he wants to know where the developers live incase it's not a overseas transaction.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: July 16, 2011, 10:42:15 pm »

Also, Levi, it took me waaaay too long to realize Knight's Leap teleported you in a L shape like how a chess knight moves.

Lol me too.  I kept getting mad that it wasn't teleporting where I was clicking.  Haha!
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #283 on: July 16, 2011, 11:01:17 pm »

Ok, I guess either I was paranoid, or horifficly stupid. My dad said he would, but he wants to know where the developers live incase it's not a overseas transaction.

Its a steam game. One of, if not the, the most reputable online game distribution systems on the planet.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

mr. macduggan

• Bay Watcher
  • HEY! LISTEN! HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: July 16, 2011, 11:02:42 pm »

I took arithmancy, which means the a ton of spamming the randomized blink will get you to the island if it's an item you are interested in. It generally takes about 10 teleports before you get there. Make sure to stand close before you blink, or else you'll gradually slide away from it...
Flooding the area with magma removes blood, dust, vomit, goo, mud, and dwarves.
Also, I'm composing digital music over in the Forum Games part of the forums!
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 90