Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 90

Author Topic: Dungeons of Dredmor - Patch 1.1.2 is available  (Read 183132 times)

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeons of Dredmor - Lutefisk for the Lutefisk God
« Reply #195 on: July 15, 2011, 10:30:24 am »

I think I'm very lucky.  My second character still hasn't died. 

Sure does take a long time to finish a level in this roguelike though!  I've spent quite a bit of time and I'm only on dungeon level 3.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 15, 2011, 10:32:12 am »

Sure does take a long time to finish a level in this roguelike though!  I've spent quite a bit of time and I'm only on dungeon level 3.

WHAT HOW DID YOU you're only on your second character and you're at dungeon level three!? :O I'm probably around thirty characters in and I haven't gotten past level 2! (though to be fair a lot of the reason behind that is bad luck and lack of forethought)

EDIT: YES the new update that just finished downloading for me right now contains a resolution fix! THANK YOU, dredmor dev team! You should probably take a break now.

Also I will pay for any non-trivial DLC come on throw them at me.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 10:34:43 am by freeformschooler »

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 15, 2011, 10:35:18 am »

I think I just got really lucky with my artifacts or something.  Two magic daggers with high crit chance+assassination skill seems to work pretty good.

Magentawolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: July 15, 2011, 10:54:24 am »

WHAT HOW DID YOU you're only on your second character and you're at dungeon level three!? :O I'm probably around thirty characters in and I haven't gotten past level 2! (though to be fair a lot of the reason behind that is bad luck and lack of forethought)

My first character, an unarmed magical monk of some sort (randomized) didn't make it past the first room. My second character, a dual-sword-wielding-armour-using-viking smith is level 5 on dungeon 3, having killed a zoo at level 2.

EDIT: I wish we could avoid using lockpicks on doors, and save them for chests instead. As soon as you pick up a packet of picks, the 'Kick the door down' option goes away.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 10:57:45 am by Magentawolf »

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 15, 2011, 10:58:10 am »

Level 5... at dungeon level 3? Hmm. I think my problem is that I try to fully explore each floor, so I'm usually in the 4-6 range by the time I take the first stairs down.

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: July 15, 2011, 11:07:30 am »

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo...

I was doing so well. Max sword and assasin, and I could hit for 28 at the minimum. Waah.
Everybody!

em312s0n

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: July 15, 2011, 11:19:16 am »

I think I just got really lucky with my artifacts or something.  Two magic daggers with high crit chance+assassination skill seems to work pretty good.
WHAT!? damn it...im like  20 characters in and i havent even seen level 3 with a decent weapon

are artifacts much rarer when playing in going rogue?

RF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 15, 2011, 11:19:39 am »

Just hit level 10. Holy shit.

My advice: Never play a melee character if you want to do decent on level 10. There're monsters that corrupt (imagine cursing) your items every time they hit you. I'm currently IN THE MINUS MARKS for health regen when I don't have my Master of Arms buffs up. Nevermind the fact these bastards have a lot of health and there're a lot of them (not that many, the number of monsters seems to be thinned out here).

I just hit a monster zoo. To put it into perspective, every other time I've found a monster zoo, I've immediately cleared it. I just closed the door on this one and walked away.

EDIT: So, I can't find any way through the current level and I don't want to risk a crash by going up the stairs. Looks like I'm going through the zoo. :(
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 11:28:56 am by RF »

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: July 15, 2011, 11:21:51 am »

WHAT!? damn it...im like  20 characters in and i havent even seen level 3 with a decent weapon

are artifacts much rarer when playing in going rogue?

Maybe.  I'm playing on dwarvish.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: July 15, 2011, 11:33:24 am »

Welp.

It is still a truly magical game even if I can only play it fullscreen.

RF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 15, 2011, 11:52:56 am »

I DID IT. I BEAT THE BASTARD!

...On easy mode.

I'm thinking of doing a counter build with unarmed. What do you guys think?

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: July 15, 2011, 11:54:28 am »

Are about half of anyone else's characters called Urist Mc(whatever)?
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: July 15, 2011, 12:00:58 pm »

Are about half of anyone else's characters called Urist Mc(whatever)?

I always name my characters either

A) Something based on my name or alias
B) Some generic dumb mary sue name like "Moon" or "Lightswap"
C) Something foreign sounding and (probably) made up like "Leitmit", who died just now. The last thing I saw was the ever-present fact: I am the dungeon floor's pimple. It's me.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: July 15, 2011, 12:05:08 pm »

Most of mine are named after how they attack or onomatopoeia for the sound they make when they attack. I've had Punchy, Whoosh, Thump, Thwomp... and various II, III, and IVs of some of those. I haven't made any characters with swords or axes though, just staves, maces, hand-to-hand, and magic.

Also, my new hand-to-hand guy with berserker rage, assassination, shield mastery, dodge, and astrology's doing pretty well. I started with archaeology for the hat, but I got a martial arts headband instead. I've had the hat work with hand-to-hand in the past though, so it might be random which you end up with?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 12:06:54 pm by Bluerobin »
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: July 15, 2011, 12:11:53 pm »

I'm boring.  I just name them Levi.
Unless its an archer or elf.  Then they get my ultimate elf name.  Addryndyndyn.

Elf names can never have enough Y's and N's.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 90