Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 90

Author Topic: Dungeons of Dredmor - Patch 1.1.2 is available  (Read 183071 times)

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeons of Dredmor - Lutefisk for the Lutefisk God
« Reply #135 on: July 14, 2011, 06:58:47 pm »

These are the bay12 forums.
If you're not trying to rip a hole in reality itself, you're doing something wrong.
Everybody!

Haschel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 14, 2011, 07:07:27 pm »

My Rogue is now picking up traps from around the dungeon and selling them. Cool beans.
I was never into the whole rogue-trapping schtick in games like this, but when I noticed you could sometimes pick up whole traps... Well, even my lazy ass could get into that. Also nice, that one skill that gives lockpicks every 40 or so turns? Infinite lutefisk. Doesn't sound like it's worth the effort though, if you don't get anything until >200 pieces.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 14, 2011, 07:09:56 pm »

My Rogue is now picking up traps from around the dungeon and selling them. Cool beans.
I was never into the whole rogue-trapping schtick in games like this, but when I noticed you could sometimes pick up whole traps... Well, even my lazy ass could get into that. Also nice, that one skill that gives lockpicks every 40 or so turns? Infinite lutefisk. Doesn't sound like it's worth the effort though, if you don't get anything until >200 pieces.

Now that I think about it... if you can pick up traps and place them in your inventory... that seems like a GLORIOUS way of dealing with hordes of mobs. Place a few dwarven IEDs and such, and let your ranged skills fly. By the time the powerful ones have gotten to you, the weaker ones aren't there to pick you off.

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 14, 2011, 07:16:33 pm »

How'd you use a crossbow?
Everybody!

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 14, 2011, 07:17:40 pm »

Step 1: Load crossbow
Step 2: ? ? ?
Step 3: Profit!

Haschel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 14, 2011, 07:18:45 pm »

Placed a crafting item inside itself. After closing the box, the item promptly ceased to exist.
How'd you use a crossbow?
Have it equipped, find some bolts. Right click the bolts and they will be set as your current "skill", right click your target. If the bolts are in your belt you can Shift+# to select it without rightclicking.

Edit: I found another of the crafting item, and the one I had in the crafting box from before was still there when I opened it. Hurray. Now if only there was a way to split stacks that wasn't a pain.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 07:24:59 pm by Haschel »

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 14, 2011, 07:27:10 pm »

Hahaha, so if you put a crafting item in itself and close it, it promptly finds ANOTHER crafting item of the same type and stores itself within that one? Kind of funny and probably not supposed to happen. Although if it is, that's kind of remarkable.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Carcanken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 14, 2011, 08:08:22 pm »

I just got a Holy Hand Grenade. References anyone?

Vel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 14, 2011, 08:11:36 pm »

I like the item description for this helmet I found

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Added spoiler tag just in case someone wants to discover these things on their own. :p
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 08:14:16 pm by Vel »

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 14, 2011, 08:14:48 pm »

Doesn't sound like it's worth the effort though, if you don't get anything until >200 pieces.

For the record, I got a nifty artifact for donating 150-something lutefisk in one go, so the minimum threshold is somewhere below that.

Hahaha, so if you put a crafting item in itself and close it, it promptly finds ANOTHER crafting item of the same type and stores itself within that one? Kind of funny and probably not supposed to happen. Although if it is, that's kind of remarkable.

I assume it's because there is only memory space allotted for 1 of each crafting item's inventory. I've been unable to split up stacked anvils-etc. using the normal method (damnit, looks like I can't quadruple my inventory space), so that would make sense. I'd bet if you sold or dropped a crafting item that has items in it, and find another one, it'll be carrying the items you left in the first one.

I like the item description for this helmet I found

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I wonder if the developer is lurking these very forums. He seems to be pretty into DF. There are references to other things, of course, but quite a damn few DF ones.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 08:17:01 pm by kinseti »

Carcanken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 14, 2011, 08:14:58 pm »

Is there a certain recommended level to go to the second floor of the dungeon? I normally go at 5 or 4 but i always get murdered by like 5000000 deths and all the mobs there are ALOT stronger than the ones on the first floor

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 14, 2011, 08:16:40 pm »

What is the benefit to carrying multiple anvils, rock grinders, and other crafting kits, if any?

Haschel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 14, 2011, 08:19:53 pm »

What is the benefit to carrying multiple anvils, rock grinders, and other crafting kits, if any?
Not aware of any so far, aside from selling/lutefisk transforming. Problem is I'm not aware of any way to split a stack of them, so they bascially just sit there taunting you unless you've got an extra that isn't stacked.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 14, 2011, 08:30:55 pm »

I just got a Holy Hand Grenade. References anyone?
If you're actually asking where it's from, Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Also, many many other games that have holy hand grenades of their own in homage to MPatHG. As many others, I love all of the references in this game.

Not aware of any so far, aside from selling/lutefisk transforming. Problem is I'm not aware of any way to split a stack of them, so they bascially just sit there taunting you unless you've got an extra that isn't stacked.
Someone was mentioning putting items in a crafting item to split stacks. It's not particularly efficient, but it's a way to do it.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Haschel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 14, 2011, 08:34:50 pm »

That trick apaprently doesn't work for crafting instruments, though. Kind of weird, but eh.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 90