Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 90

Author Topic: Dungeons of Dredmor - Patch 1.1.2 is available  (Read 183042 times)

joey4track

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeons of Dredmor - Lutefisk for the Lutefisk God
« Reply #120 on: July 14, 2011, 04:21:18 pm »

I'm not the only one experience FREQUENT random crashes am I? Got into the habit of saving every 2 minutes or so...  Also, I can't wait until there is a wiki with recipes. I'd like to know what to trash and what to save considering inventory is so small.

RF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 14, 2011, 04:22:28 pm »

How in Dredmor did you get 200?!

By the way, what do those lutefisk cubes do?

Splitting the stacks and then putting them into the horadric lutefisk cubes. Takes longer but gains you lots of lutefisk, especially with stuff like digger eggs. AFAIK, there's no dedicated stack splitting key, so I put them into a crafting item and then move them from there.

And is there a way to prevent damage from necronomiconomics (hehe) spells?

Necrosis resistance. Take astrology along with necro and use the initial astrology buff for most of the first levels. Halves or completely prevents the damage you take from death curse. If you get far enough into necronomiconomics, you get buffs that also stop it from doing any damage to you, essentially turning it into a cheap, powerful spell.

Carcanken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 14, 2011, 04:31:27 pm »

Just walked into a monster zoo on level 2, ran upto level 1, not even sure if its safe to go down to level 2 again. :(

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 14, 2011, 04:43:42 pm »

I'm not the only one experience FREQUENT random crashes am I? Got into the habit of saving every 2 minutes or so...

I haven't gotten a single crash yet, but other people have mentioned it.

Haven't had a really good run yet, still dicking around with skill sets, which is fun in itself. Never going in without rogue skills again, not being able to disarm traps is a huge pain.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 14, 2011, 04:46:34 pm »

I disarm traps by making monsters step on them. :P

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 14, 2011, 04:50:21 pm »

Does using smithing/alchemy/whatever skills lots level them up, or is there another way to increase your skills?
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Xgamer4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 14, 2011, 04:59:30 pm »

Monster Zoo.
Very clear references to Dwarf Fortress.
I'd say this one is a reference to Papa Nethack, Unca' Angband, or even Grandpop ARogue, all of which have zoos.

I think this will be my next purchase, as soon as I get tired of Terraria.  I'll probably buy and play this even before I try the stuff I bought on the steam summer sale.

What? No, Monster Zoos are references to The Princess Bride. I wasn't saying they're all references to Dwarf Fortress. They're three separate reasons that all lead to me needing to buy the game.
insert something mind-blowing/witty here*

zakkeh

• Bay Watcher
  • Rawrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 14, 2011, 05:35:24 pm »

Does using smithing/alchemy/whatever skills lots level them up, or is there another way to increase your skills?

When you level up you can increase one of your 7 skills, which includes smithing/alchemy/whatever skills. This is the only way to increase your skills AFAIK
Or perhaps you're just sadistic and enjoy slow-cooking your goblins/kittens/nobles.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 14, 2011, 05:37:00 pm »

I just realized psions can "push" rare, inaccessible items off their islands.

YES.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 14, 2011, 05:37:25 pm »

When you level up you can increase one of your 7 skills, which includes smithing/alchemy/whatever skills. This is the only way to increase your skills AFAIK

Okay, so if you don't take the skill at the start then its set to level 0 forever, right?  Good, now I can throw away all these ingot presses and such on my guy with no crafting skills.  :)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 14, 2011, 05:40:00 pm »

Okay, so if you don't take the skill at the start then its set to level 0 forever, right?  Good, now I can throw away all these ingot presses and such on my guy with no crafting skills.  :)

You have to take into account that there's probably magic artifacts and stuff that increase your crafting stat, even if you don't have the skills.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 14, 2011, 05:40:49 pm »

You have to take into account that there's probably magic artifacts and stuff that increase your crafting stat, even if you don't have the skills.

Noooo!!!  Just as I get out they pull me back in!

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 14, 2011, 06:28:35 pm »

I like the way attack effects stack.

Except you can't read them when they do.
Everybody!

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 14, 2011, 06:38:53 pm »

My Rogue is now picking up traps from around the dungeon and selling them. Cool beans. Also, there is a Stonefall trap I grabbed (Called "Boulder Drop Trap" or something, I guess), and it's flavour text says it's considered a traditional dwarven greeting to drop a boulder on someone's head. So many references.

Also, you are apparently able to store crafting items inside themselves. I'm not sure what happens when you do, I was afraid to close the window without removing it first, assuming I'd either lose the item, crash the game, or tear a hole in spacetime.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 14, 2011, 06:56:06 pm »

Also, you are apparently able to store crafting items inside themselves. I'm not sure what happens when you do, I was afraid to close the window without removing it first, assuming I'd either lose the item, crash the game, or tear a hole in spacetime.

Actually, probably the same --

-- THEMSELVES?

This must be tried.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 90